Anyone got a psp?

Sargey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone played Ridge Racer on it? I fancy one.

27380[/snapback]

I nearly got ridgeracer, the graphics look excellent, Wipeout is fantastic

Ridge racer is superb and possibly still the best game on it. Ive had it since April and still haven't completed everything. Wipeout mmm, Im bias I suppose because Ive never liked the series. Its a poor mans F-Zero as far as Im concerned.

One thing I did find out today i that although PSP's are region free it looks like they're maybe an issue with playing multiplayer with different region games. I cant think of any technical reason why but I couldnt play against me mate today (my US copy and his UK one).

Of the launch titles I'd definitely pick up Ridge Racer and Lumines. I'd also choose Hots shot (everybody's) golf over tiger woods too (but then I'd choose anything over tiger tbh). World tour soccer is basically last years This is football on PS2, so if you like it get that, I cant stand it meself. Not sure what Toca is like but Im definitely going to be getting Virtua Tennis as it basically the DC game ad that was mint.

Ridge racer is superb and possibly still the best game on it. Ive had it since April and still haven't completed everything. Wipeout mmm, Im bias I suppose because Ive never liked the series. Its a poor mans F-Zero as far as Im concerned.

One thing I did find out today i that although PSP's are region free it looks like they're maybe an issue with playing multiplayer with different region games. I cant think of any technical reason why but I couldnt play against me mate today (my US copy and his UK one).

Of the launch titles I'd definitely pick up Ridge Racer and Lumines. I'd also choose Hots shot (everybody's) golf over tiger woods too (but then I'd choose anything over tiger tbh). World tour soccer is basically last years This is football on PS2, so if you like it get that, I cant stand it meself. Not sure what Toca is like but Im definitely going to be getting Virtua Tennis as it basically the DC game ad that was mint.

27452[/snapback]

They aren't region free for movies.

I know I was talking about the games.

Its still a grey area with the movies too. I know a couple of people who have had US movies work on their Jap PSP's. They havent tried them all, just the one they bought , each person had a different title though.

If you register your PSP at www.yourpsp.com you will be sent a free copy of Spider-man 2.

27498[/snapback]

didnt the UK models come with it then?

27502[/snapback]

I don't think so, I got the Value pack, I just got a demo disc with firmware v2.0, however my sister got one last may from canada and hers had Spider-man 2 with it.

Just set up the wifi connection on mine, can now surf the net from the comfort of the sofa ! Typing is a bit of a swine though.

27670[/snapback]

Might want one of these then.

http://www.gearlive.com/index.php/news/art...board_03030640/

27675[/snapback]

Yes, that would be a big improvement !

Just set up the wifi connection on mine, can now surf the net from the comfort of the sofa ! Typing is a bit of a swine though.

27670[/snapback]

Might want one of these then.

http://www.gearlive.com/index.php/news/art...board_03030640/

27675[/snapback]

Yes, that would be a big improvement !

27677[/snapback]

But then again if you have a spare keyboard which plugs in with a USB u could always use that.

27670[/snapback]

so can you get 'real' net access on it? and how much do you have to pay for the privelege?

they sound like great machines but i need to lok into what films and games you can play on it? Whats the score with making copies of games and films for it?

27670[/snapback]

so can you get 'real' net access on it? and how much do you have to pay for the privelege?

they sound like great machines but i need to lok into what films and games you can play on it? Whats the score with making copies of games and films for it?

27926[/snapback]

Its wifi compatible so if you have a wireless internet system at home like me you can surf using the PSP, doesn't cost anymore than using your PC.

As for copys of games etc, to play copied games you need a older PSP with v1.50 firmware, the new systems all come with v1.52 installed, and a demo disc witch up grades to v2.0, v2.0 gives you the web browser and some other improvements.

Movies can be put on the memory stick providing you have one big enough, 512mb+, original movies come on UMD discs.

I do now. :razz: Thanks for that jimbo Spider man 2 will be on its way. I got it with nba street and untold legends(think i can take that back within 10days and get it changed cos its gash.). NBA street is just like fifa street. It shall keep me going untill tiger woods, pro evo and Football manager come out. :D

I really don't understand the whole watching movies thing (in terms of buying UMDs like your supposed to, rather than monkeying around with flash memory).

If you like/want to see a film enough to buy it, you wouldn't soley buy it in micro-vision, and if you've already got it and seen it in it's full glory, why would you shell out for a little copy?