West Ham sign Scott Parker

@yourservice

I think the criticism of Parker is harsh at times, however I would be tempted to do the deal as whilst I think he could still do a job I feel hes another at the club whose wage does not represent his ability. Even if we do have money to spend we need to stop spending silly wages on people who do not deserve it and if talk of Parker being on 55 grand a week are true then I think we could get someone else to do as good a job/or better on a far lesser salary.

Exactly.

Although, it likely would mean that the fuckwit Emre would stay (who I think is on even bigger wages)...

I hope so! ;)

Do you really think he will put in some useful performances when he for a change isn't injured/suspended for a change? He has been as shite as Parker tbh.

Yes, if he stays I have faith Allardyce will get the best out of him, especially if we go with his preferred 4-3-3 formation, he's been better than Parker too, in fact he plays better when Parker is out injured.

He played marginally less shite when Parker was out (and vice versa). And you could probably place 4-5 forwards in front of Emre and his passes/set pieces wouldn't find the target tbh.

Now you're just being silly...

Back on topic - Getting rid of Parker is the best thing that could happen to our midfield this summer, my only worry is that our squad wasn't big enough last year and with all the players leaving we could be left in the shit/forced to panic buy.

Well, and I find the criticism of Parker silly when imho the likes like Emre have been as bad. The only central midfielder who can hold his head high and who made his partners look slightly better as been Butt - and even was nothing special. As Ritchie said correctly, we have to get rid of all those grossly overpaid wasters. Parker is one of them, and so is Emre whose forward distribution has mostly been horrific this season with just the odd exception.

But I share your concerns about the squad depths. It would be nice for a change going into the season with

the the team more or less sorted. So getting rid of players is only good if we have the replacements already up the sleeves.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

emre isn't nearly as bad as some are making out. defintely one of the better midfielders on our book. we looked at our best last season when he was in the middle alongside butt...ie when parker wasn't in the side

emre isn't nearly as bad as some are making out. defintely one of the better midfielders on our book. we looked at our best last season when he was in the middle alongside butt...ie when parker wasn't in the side

"At our best"? We still looked as creative as blind painter with no arms tbh.

Edited by Isegrim

I think the criticism of Parker is harsh at times, however I would be tempted to do the deal as whilst I think he could still do a job I feel hes another at the club whose wage does not represent his ability. Even if we do have money to spend we need to stop spending silly wages on people who do not deserve it and if talk of Parker being on 55 grand a week are true then I think we could get someone else to do as good a job/or better on a far lesser salary.

Exactly.

Although, it likely would mean that the fuckwit Emre would stay (who I think is on even bigger wages)...

I hope so! ;)

Do you really think he will put in some useful performances when he for a change isn't injured/suspended for a change? He has been as shite as Parker tbh.

Yes, if he stays I have faith Allardyce will get the best out of him, especially if we go with his preferred 4-3-3 formation, he's been better than Parker too, in fact he plays better when Parker is out injured.

He played marginally less shite when Parker was out (and vice versa). And you could probably place 4-5 forwards in front of Emre and his passes/set pieces wouldn't find the target tbh.

Now you're just being silly...

Back on topic - Getting rid of Parker is the best thing that could happen to our midfield this summer, my only worry is that our squad wasn't big enough last year and with all the players leaving we could be left in the shit/forced to panic buy.

Well, and I find the criticism of Parker silly when imho the likes like Emre have been as bad. The only central midfielder who can hold his head high and who made his partners look slightly better as been Butt - and even was nothing special. As Ritchie said correctly, we have to get rid of all those grossly overpaid wasters. Parker is one of them, and so is Emre whose forward distribution has mostly been horrific this season with just the odd exception.

But I share your concerns about the squad depths. It would be nice for a change going into the season with

the the team more or less sorted. So getting rid of players is only good if we have the replacements already up the sleeves.

I don't agree Butt has made his partners look better as Parker has been just as poor when playing alongside Butt, I agree we have to many high paid wasters in the squad but I honestly think Allardyce will get the best out of Emre if he stays, I don't think it all can be sorted out in one summer as we have too much shite on our books, so I'd prefer to see the likes of Parker, Carr, Babayaro, Dyer moved on with the likes of Emre, Duff and Martins the chance to flourish under a manager with a history of getting the best out of players.

I wonder if some of the people who comment on here have ever watched newcastle play. I agree Parker is awful. he runs round in circles i'd of taken 5 Million for him.

But....

Emre is actually a very good player, the problem with the newcastle under roeder was ..... No-one bar Milner and Emre could actually beat a man one on one. Hence why we scored so little goals. Parker and Butt couldn't take anyone on nor can nobby and even duffers cudnt. If you cant beat your man you limit your chances of scoring so much - you just have to wait for a nobby through ball that is inch perfect.

Anyway back to my point. Everyone slags off Emre when infact when he plays he is probably the most influencial player on the pitch. He's a playmaker . he will open up the opposition/beat men and create space and ultimately chances....

So come-on lets have a bit less of the emre hating

;)

Edited by JaMoUsE

teamtalk goes with

Hammers target Toon man Parker

West Ham are understood to have made a bid for Newcastle captain and England international Scott Parker.

But the Hammers' offer is thought to be considerably less than the £8.5million which has been reported.

knew it wudnt be so high

That's the scary bit, our squad was too small (for europe and the league anyway) last season, and with our silly injury list we were nearly putting out a pub team at times.

Ok we do need a clear out of players (and in an ideal world we wouldn't keep that many) and we won't need a huge squad next season with less competitions (and hopefully less injuries)....... but still we need a good few quality players in now.

Probably 5+ incomings to have a reasonably strong squad just in numbers.

If we're looking to push for a top 4-6 place probably quite a few more than that.

I wonder if some of the people who comment on here have ever watched newcastle play. I agree Parker is awful. he runs round in circles i'd of taken 5 Million for him.

But....

Emre is actually a very good player, the problem with the newcastle under roeder was ..... No-one bar Milner and Emre could actually beat a man one on one. Hence why we scored so little goals. Parker and Butt couldn't take anyone on nor can nobby and even duffers cudnt. If you cant beat your man you limit your chances of scoring so much - you just have to wait for a nobby through ball that is inch perfect.

Anyway back to my point. Everyone slags off Emre when infact when he plays he is probably the most influencial player on the pitch. He's a playmaker . he will open up the opposition/beat men and create space and ultimately chances....

So come-on lets have a bit less of the emre hating

;)

I dunno that's what he's supposed to be, and maybe last season wasn't playing to his strengths, but he's not been that impressive so far IMO.

With last seasons squad we still desperately needed one quality attack/play-making midfielder (as well as basically a new back 4 and a strong hold up play type forward).

I don't rate either Emre nor Parker, but I'm intrigued to see if Allardyce could improve them.

Me too. They've looked rudderless under under the previous management regimes. I don't think they're bad players though, but they do need clearly defined roles.

Rather Emre was on his way tbh. Scott Parker isnt a great footballer but nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

The central midfield isnt great, still say we are settling for mediocrity of we settle for Milner as one of our wide players too. We need an overhaul across it but those mentioned are good squad players. We need to add to them rather than replace them.

if the bid is true we should cash in.

parker is no way worth 8.5m, and has yet to justify his wages.

a lot of that was the previous managers tactics that restricted players like him going forward. not that he's any good going forward but he's not a typical sitting player or a attacking midfielder, he's a box to box player. and not a bad one at that. just not worth 8.5 million (more like 4)...

I like Parker, I don't want him to leave.

He's my kind of player, gets stuck in, doesn't take prisoners.

I think he can do much better for us, I think there are too many boo-boys booing.

I think his poor performence is linked to overall poor team performence.

He's young and has some talent which needs to be coached to a higher level.

I don't rate either Emre nor Parker, but I'm intrigued to see if Allardyce could improve them.

Me too. They've looked rudderless under under the previous management regimes. I don't think they're bad players though, but they do need clearly defined roles.

I agree with that. I think Parker suffered from a dodgy defence which he felt he had to cover which restricted his ventures forward, not to mention a shite midfield which often didn't making passing options easily available, resulting in the pirouette or the 10 yard sideways pass.

Though in saying that he obviously has his flaws and is probably a bit too much "safety first" though I feel that Sam could improve his game given a chance.

I agree with that. I think Parker suffered from a dodgy defence which he felt he had to cover which restricted his ventures forward, not to mention a shite midfield which often didn't making passing options easily available, resulting in the pirouette or the 10 yard sideways pass.

The same thing Gary Speed also had to put up with and was targetted by the boo boys and a move away from the club done his game the world of good.

I like Parker personally and would say he's our best midfielder.

I think he has struggled through Roeder's cluelessness and getting his full fitness back after the hernia operation.

I think Allardyce make a strong midfield based around him if we had someone who could do the attacking job in front of him.

That said, I think a lot of the crowd have now turned on him and he's become unsettled so a move might well be the best bet if we can get this sort of money and a good replacement.

West Ham close to £7m Parker deal

West Ham are believed to be close to sealing a £7m deal for Newcastle captain Scott Parker after fighting off late interest from Tottenham.

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury held late-night talks with Parker's representatives following Spurs' move.

Parker is reportedly set to meet West Ham officials on Thursday after a fee was agreed with the Magpies.

The England midfielder, 26, played under Hammers boss Alan Curbishley when they were both at Charlton.

West Ham are in the market for a central midfielder, with skipper Nigel Reo-Coker set to move this summer.

Parker spent seven years with Curbishley at The Valley and made his England debut against Denmark in 2003 before completing a £10m move to Chelsea.

But with first-team opportunities limited at Stamford Bridge, he moved to St James' Park in a £6.5m deal in 2005 and was made skipper last summer.

However, reports suggested Parker struggled to settle in the north-east and was targeting a move south.

New Newcastle manager Allardyce is believed to be eyeing out-of-favour Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton as a potential replacement.

Not the £8.5m we were hoping for.

DAILY MAIL Tottenham could scupper West Ham's bid to sign Scott Parker from Newcastle after ending their interest in Hammers skipper Nigel Reo-Coker.

I like Scotty Parker, always seemed dedicated to every game. There's plenty of others I'd have gotten rid of before him but then if he wants to go and we can get £8.5m for him then I guess it'll have make do. I just hope that we get in someone of equal dedication to the team.

Incidentally, who's likely to be the new club captain if he goes? Given?