Board to meet to discuss takeover

East Stander

Mike Ashley could be trumped by a mystery rival for ownership of Newcastle United.

The Sun says Freddy Shepherd has won a big ally in his battle with Ashley.

A multi-millionaire friend of Toon chairman Shepherd is said to be considering offering £1.25 per share in a bid to trump Ashley's valuation of £1.

Ashley has bought 41.8 per cent of the club from former owner Sir John Hall but needs 75 per cent of the shares for complete control.

Firstly, its from tribal footy, so take it with a huge pinch of salt. However, it would be just like FF to pull a stunt like this....

where was this "friend" all these years when they could have bought out the Halls for 80p................

bollocks TBH

Aye, sounds like bollocks. Why would anyone clag 0.25 pence per share onto the offer price anyway? It adds £33m onto the total bid - that's not "trumping" Ashley's offer, that's rank stupidity.

Aye, sounds like bollocks. Why would anyone clag 0.25 pence per share onto the offer price anyway? It adds £33m onto the total bid - that's not "trumping" Ashley's offer, that's rank stupidity.

Also knowing how much the fat man sucks out of the club in wages/rent/dividends why would any "association" want to invest in what for all intent and purposes is the Shepherd's cash cow?

That's 25 pence or £0.25 .... ;)

some accountant.... ;)

some accountant.... ;)

you forgot the "tip"

Clearly Invicta Toon is richer than we thought.

BTW has anyone else noticed that SSH seems to have disappeared since Vic's return on NO?

Guest alex

BTW has anyone else noticed that SSH seems to have disappeared since Vic's return on NO?

Ritchie already confirmed they're the same person didn't he? Not that there was much doubt.

some accountant.... ;)

Zip it, Chesney!

Ritchie already confirmed they're the same person didn't he? Not that there was much doubt.

Talking about the same person, I must of registered for the HTT site at some point, anyway received an all members email from NE5 about the great future the club has now we have the manager we should have always had and promoting the HTT's new blog facility!

He even named wacky (as what I'm not sure)!

some accountant.... :icon_lol:

Zip it, Chesney!

Ah memories.... ;)

I think there would be absolute uproar if this was true and Shepherd held onto power somehow.

But Anal Oliver would be loving it, in fact you'd see him back here and writing his usual propeganda in the Chronicle in no time!

There has better not be any truth in it at all!

I think there would be absolute uproar if this was true and Shepherd held onto power somehow.

I dunno I guess the new guy is likely to be better than what has been the state for the last 10 years (FFS messing up, Feckless somewhat interested and John Hall not caring less).

But on the other hand even FFS gaining control might be better than how it has been..... as scary as that is. ;)

Guest alex

I dunno I guess the new guy is likely to be better than what has been the state for the last 10 years (FFS messing up, Feckless somewhat interested and John Hall not caring less).

But on the other hand even FFS gaining control might be better than how it has been..... as scary as that is. ;)

Not like you to cover all the options in a reply ;)

Not like you to cover all the options in a reply ;)

Well it's an uncertain time, who knows what the new guy will be like (everyone is just assuming he'll be better - he probably will be as it'll be hard to be worse, but it's no certainty).

But on the other hand FFS gaining complete control may well be better than the situation of recent years with the majority shareholders only really being interested in financial issues.

Personally with the way things go here I think it'll likely drag on until we've missed any chance of a decent start at next season and then Allardyce will get sacked sometime next season for not winning the Premiership. :icon_lol:

Freddy must be very persuasive if he can convince one of his friends to spend an obscene amount of money on a failing club and then put it back in the hands of the man who was one of the main reasons for its failings.

Shepherd's a prick, he needs to get the hell out of Dodge before he gets lynched... mind you that'll be one hell of a rope!

He's no Toon fan, just a fat, money-grabbing scumbag who doesn't know when to do the right thing.

I dont know about you boys, but i'm getting a bit nervous about the proposed take over, i think Fatso is going to throw a major spanner in the works and dig his heels in, at the moment all we have is that Ashley has taken over the Halls shares, as we stand that means sweet f..k all unless he gets comeplete control.

I know it can be a slow process... but yeah Im a bit nervous about the whole thing, mainly that it will hinder our pre-season.