pompy away?

iklgizmo

Portsmouth doesn't have an airport.... :lol:

Nearest station is Portsmouth Central which is about a 10-15 minute walk away - pain in the arse because the line goes straight past the ground and there is actually a station at Fratton but very few trains stop there (less regular than Renton's optimism! :lol:)

Mind you, a walk from Portsmouth Central will take you through Somers Town - you might want to make sure you're not wearing anything to depict that you're a Newcastle fan if you do - it makes Moss Side in Manchester seem friendly! :icon_lol:

Nearest station is Portsmouth Central which is about a 10-15 minute walk away - pain in the arse because the line goes straight past the ground and there is actually a station at Fratton but very few trains stop there (less regular than Renton's optimism! :unsure:)

They stop there regularly if you're coming from Southampton. :o Are you going to the game Mr Hayton, because it'd be a perfect chance to get a south coast piss up happening...

For those who ain't seen applications are now needed for this one:

From .com: Sat 01.10.05 Portsmouth (a) @ 3pm, Fratton Park. Premiership. ST applications by 06.09.05 £30 adults, £22 OAPs, £19 bairns.

Mind you, a walk from Portsmouth Central will take you through Somers Town - you might want to make sure you're not wearing anything to depict that you're a Newcastle fan if you do - it makes Moss Side in Manchester seem friendly! :unsure:

26608[/snapback]

Really? I've never noticed that when I've done that walk. Best bear it in mind though. All I've heard about Portsmouth is to be careful in a wide range fo bars, because there's a lot of dodgy Sea-goers call in there to get hammered.

Mind you, a walk from Portsmouth Central will take you through Somers Town - you might want to make sure you're not wearing anything to depict that you're a Newcastle fan if you do - it makes Moss Side in Manchester seem friendly! :unsure:

26608[/snapback]

Really? I've never noticed that when I've done that walk. Best bear it in mind though. All I've heard about Portsmouth is to be careful in a wide range fo bars, because there's a lot of dodgy Sea-goers call in there to get hammered.

27176[/snapback]

Yeah mate, I lived in Pompey for a year and was quickly advised that Somers Town was not a place to hang around in..

As for the 'skate' well yeah, there's shit-loads of them, particularly if one of the big ships are in port and they're hell-bent on causing grief....

Southsea is a canny area for a drink, as is the Guildhall area - avoid Portsea though...

Mind you, a walk from Portsmouth Central will take you through Somers Town - you might want to make sure you're not wearing anything to depict that you're a Newcastle fan if you do - it makes Moss Side in Manchester seem friendly! :razz:

26608[/snapback]

27176[/snapback]

Yeah mate, I lived in Pompey for a year and was quickly advised that Somers Town was not a place to hang around in..

As for the 'skate' well yeah, there's shit-loads of them, particularly if one of the big ships are in port and they're hell-bent on causing grief....

Southsea is a canny area for a drink, as is the Guildhall area - avoid Portsea though...

27197[/snapback]

Cheers for that mate, I'll bear it in mind!

is anyone on here going down. ive been looking at ways of getting down and back other than the bus, but the plane is too expensive and the train doesent get you back in time, anyone any ideas?

Edited by charvski

is anyone on here going down.  ive been looking at ways of getting down and back other than the bus, but the plane is too expensive and the train doesent get you back in time, anyone any ideas?

28915[/snapback]

You could go by boat! :blink:

doesn't get you back in time for what? :blink:

28955[/snapback]

I think he means get you back to Waterloo or wherever, from Portsmouth, in time to cross London and get the Train from Kings Cross back up here.

I'm coaching it, cheapest way, unfortunately also the shittest and longest way.

doesn't get you back in time for what? :blink:

28955[/snapback]

I think he means get you back to Waterloo or wherever, from Portsmouth, in time to cross London and get the Train from Kings Cross back up here.

I'm coaching it, cheapest way, unfortunately also the shittest and longest way.

29072[/snapback]

yeah thats what i meant ive looked into it some more and the only viable option that i can see is the coach that gets me back the same day.

bollocks, missed it! cunts.. just got back from mexico today, told my old man to do it but he fucking forgot!!! will hoy it in in the morning and hope for the best!