Breaking news: Viduka signs two year deal

ohhh_yeah

Boro are looking in a pretty dodgy situation if you believe what these reports are saying. They're about to lose their best attacker and they've already spent the majority of their transfer budget on a player who is well overdue another injury and was there last season when they were shite anyway.

Yeah, they really do look in the shit. Viduka was massive for them, and probably helped Yakubu out as a partner and Woodgate could easilly get an injury anytime. And whenever Boateng gets an injury or suspension they tend to collapse! Such a shame, i mean their fans are fantastic and deserve so much better! ;)

I really couldn't care less about them except for as you 'their fantastic fans' :secret:

I do occasionally feel sorry for Steve Gibson who is a fantastic bloke and chairman. Must be awful to be lumbered with a club and a set of fans like that after putting in so much cash.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boro are looking in a pretty dodgy situation if you believe what these reports are saying. They're about to lose their best attacker and they've already spent the majority of their transfer budget on a player who is well overdue another injury and was there last season when they were shite anyway.

Yeah, they really do look in the shit. Viduka was massive for them, and probably helped Yakubu out as a partner and Woodgate could easilly get an injury anytime. And whenever Boateng gets an injury or suspension they tend to collapse! Such a shame, i mean their fans are fantastic and deserve so much better! ;)

I really couldn't care less about them except for as you 'their fantastic fans' :secret:

I do occasionally feel sorry for Steve Gibson who is a fantastic bloke and chairman. Must be awful to be lumbered with a club and a set of fans like that after putting in so much cash.

Yeah, Gibson deserves better. If we'd had him after Hall and the smogs had Fat Fred, we'd be flying and they'd be somewhere close to where Leeds are!

Yeah, Gibson deserves better. If we'd had him after Hall and the smogs had Fat Fred, we'd be flying and they'd be somewhere close to where Leeds are!

Doubtful, for all the praise Gibson gets he's only marginally better than Fat Fred in picking managers.

Doubtful, for all the praise Gibson gets he's only marginally better than Fat Fred in picking managers.

Out of the choices willing to go to the smogs, i think here with a better choice of managers he'd have made a decent choice. Though i can see your point that he's not made the greatetst of choices.

But i bet the club would be run a damn site better, more professionally and without us looking like pricks all the time because of a gobshite chairman mouthing off in the press and on TV continually!

viduka's so fat, he couldn't fit in a satellite photo.

No thread about Viduka would be complete without you. ;)

Good player and a decent signing, there have to be question marks over his fitness and commitment though.

believe it when I see it.

also, not overly excited about him, he's getting on a bit, never been particularly committed to any of the clubs he's played for, I have doubts whether or not he'll be happy as third choice and if he's intended to be 1st or 2nd I'd rather just keep Oba and Owen tyvm

but at the end of the day he's better than what we've got and is good cover

Do you reckon Owen and Martins will be a decent partnership though? I don't see how they could play together myself (in a front 2 anyway). Viduka + either one of them would be more balanced imo.

Have to be honest and say I'm not sure, but I know that they both work harder and have youth and pace on their side. You've said yourself that they're decent in the air despite their height, we know both make space for themselves either with clever running (predominatly Owens talentrather than Oba)or just out and out pace. With strikers who are fast and a midfield which can deliver quality balls into he channels or between the defenders I think that yes, they can work together. We would have to alter our style dramatically but I believe it's a style that would cause a lot of the defences in the premiership problems. The cliched "No one likes facing pace" statement may be trotted out everytime the meeja want to heap praise on a limited player who has speed on his side, but it's true none the less.

Of course I'd prefer to see a Big powerful striker with a smaller lad feeding off him, but if that's what we're after I reckon there are better players out there with youth and a better attitude on them

This thread has just reminded me of the time a Smoggie supporting lad I know from Yarm said that Cattermole was better than Fabregas. ;)

Viduka's a decent signing imo. I would have worried about signing him under Roeder but the fact BS is going to be dealing with him I'm a lot happier as he won't get the chance to feign injury and he won't be allowed to wander about doing fuck all, all good i reckon.

19 goals in 29 starts last season and a good number of assists on top. Don't think I would be pushing it too far to call him a step up from Sibierski.

More like stating the obvious tbh.

good signing on a free, offers something a lot different to what we have up front.

If we've got all this money coming in, this is good squad building stuff, if the money isnt going to be there for some time, he's still a good player on a free.

good signing on a free, offers something a lot different to what we have up front.

If we've got all this money coming in, this is good squad building stuff, if the money isnt going to be there for some time, he's still a good player on a free.

Has he signed, give me proof. I dont think so

Has he signed, give me proof. I dont think so

;)

from Sky Sports:

Mark Viduka has agreed in principle to join Newcastle United, according to Sky Sports News.

The Australian forward's future has been a hot topic of debate for some time, as he has allowed his contract with Middlesbrough to wind down in order to consider all his options.

Boro have strived to strike a new deal with their key forward, but he has rebuffed their attempts to persuade him to sign on the dotted line.

Newcastle have long been thought to be favourites to secure the services of the former Celtic man, but reports at the start of the week claimed Birmingham had come in with a late gambit.

"Until he has actually signed for anybody, there is always a possibility," Blues chairman David Gold told The Sun.

If his comments ring true, then Gold will still hold some hope of landing the striker.

However, Sky Sports News understands Viduka has opted to pledge his future to Newcastle.

Viduka is currently on international duty with Australia so is unlikely to pen a deal in the coming days, but reports suggest he will be trotting out at St James' Park in the new season.

Good deal. Overs more than just goals, think he would work well with both Owen and Martins.

if owen stays, i think he would play well with martins,

Good deal. Overs more than just goals, think he would work well with both Owen and Martins.

if owen stays, i think he would play well with martins,

Yeah I think it would be all right, however Viduka and one of them would be better.