Lee waits on Ben Haim decision

Barney

Bolton boss Sammy Lee is hoping to persuade defender Tal Ben Haim to stay at The Reebok Stadium.

Ben Haim's contract with The Trotters has expired and it had appeared the Israel international had played his last game for the club.

But Lee has launched a fresh bid to hang on to the 25-year-old having offered the stopper fresh terms at Bolton.

Chelsea have previously been keen on Ben Haim, while Sam Allardyce may look to lure him to Newcastle in the summer.

Lee has no idea whether Ben Haim will be willing to sign a new deal with Bolton, however he refuses to give up hope just yet.

"I have spoken to Tal and have nothing but admiration for the lad in the way he has handled himself in difficult circumstances this year with all the speculation," Lee told the club's official website.

"I don't know whether he is going to come back to us. The ball is in his court and it will be up to him now.

"The club has made him an offer and, after the internationals in June, he will make a decision on where he wants to go.

"I do hope we can persuade him to stay, but it will be up to him."

Meanwhile, reported Bolton target Carlos Alberto, who has also been linked with Werder Bremen has stated a desire to remain in Brazil.

"There is a lot of speculation but the plans that I have currently is to stay at Fluminense because I want to win the Brazilian Cup with this group," he told Radio Globo.

"It is normal that at this time many things are said about transfers but I am not thinking of a transfer to anywhere."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=4...rss&clid=30