England v Brazil

Bombadil

Another waste of spacetastic performance from the Lampard man. Thoughts McClaren had grown some sort of balls before the last game keaving him out... maybe we need Lampard to get another broken arm/wrist for that to happen.

A performance deserving of not winning.

A little uninspiring but hopefully they'll beat Estonia.

Shorey did ok at least. :)

I SO knew you were going to say that !

:lol:

owens movement was good but he really needs a target man to play off. doesn't exactly look quick either.

beckam and gerrard were our best players for me. carragher looked uncomfortable at right back. lampard was shite again.

Joe Cole had a good 1st half but he tries to do too much on his own.

Shorey had quite a good game throughout.

Beckham didn't do too bad.

Good to see more biting tackles by the defence in the 1st half.

Smith didn't accomplish much, poor control.

Owen didn't do as well as he could have with what balls he got but he was trying.

Dyer looked sharp enough the time he was on.

Robinson can be a bit dodgy at times.

Got even more doubts about McClaren.

Wrong substitutions at the wrong time.

Will he ever see that Gerrard & Lampard don't compliment each others style of play.

Should have taken Smith off earlier and replaced him with Crouch.

Can't believe he played Jenas ahead of Carrick, especially when we had the lead.

Should never have taken Terry off and put Brown in.

Brazil had the better of the match but we could have stole the win had it not been for piss-poor defending 2 minutes into stoppage time. Don't think it would have happened if Terry had still been on the pitch.

Worst thing about being an England supporter is being a Newcastle supporter to boot, sorta like pouring salt in an open wound. :lol:

Beckham was superb. No question. He even seems pacier than he was a few months ago. We looked really fucking excited to be playing football for big chunks of the second half in particular, Joe Cole was a wee bit inneffective, and Lampard should, quite obviously, be dropped, with Hargreaves as the DM and allowing Gerrard, who is, more often than not, England's most consistent player, the privelege of a central, attacking midfielder. The left midfield is still a problem, and I don't really see G. Neville as RB for England for much longer, so I think Micah Richards should really be getting his name on the team sheet for Engalnd shortly. I'd love to see us play play 4-3-3. Seriously. Dyer was pacy, but rubbish with delivery. Smith, is shite. Owen was decidedly average, but really mean-looking with stuBble... yeeeeah.

It was Ledley King's poor defending that gave Diego a free header on goal. I disagree with Hanson, I thought King struggled and never looked composed. Carragher should have played alongside Terry, IMO.

I thought Lampard was SHIT and useless once again. I was hoping for either two things to happen after watching that plank play. Have Dyer come on the right and push Beckham in the centre alongside Gerrard or bring Downing on for him and push Joe Cole in the centre alongside Gerrard. Instead he brought a Joe Cole off who was always a threat and then brought Beckham off who was one of our best players and played Jenas...!

Alan Smith was worst player on the pitch. He just looked like he didn't give a fuck every time the ball came his way. Brazil were marking him & Owen quite well, but you saw a lot more of an effort from Owen to go to the ball, instead of leaning back with your eyes closed sticking your toe out every time the ball was played. I was hoping to see Crouch come on to start the 2nd half alongside Owen. He was always going to be more effective alongside Owen.

I know it was only a friendly, but if he's serious about playing his best team and using his best options to win games when needed for Wednesday's game then I don't think he showed that at all.

Alan Smith was worst player on the pitch

Why did he start ahead of Crouch?

Good to see Beckham get an assist, just a pity there isn't an international tournament this summer as I reckon the fact he hasn't been overused this season yet is coming into a good run of form means that we would've seen a better, fitter player than we have done in past tournaments.

Smith will never be a prolific goalscorer and he should be hangin on to his Man U contract with both hands

Jenas had a lovley chance at the end of the match to pick out a cross, acres of space, a man unmarked in the box, and he passes it straight to the keeper. He truly is shit!

Just a question lads, what would be your starting England XI?

Beckham should start every game, fúcking waste him going to the US, he's a class act. Up front, Rooney yeah, but who to partner him? Owen?

Hargreaves and Gerrard in the centre or what?

Just a question lads, what would be your starting England XI?

Beckham should start every game, fúcking waste him going to the US, he's a class act. Up front, Rooney yeah, but who to partner him? Owen?

Hargreaves and Gerrard in the centre or what?

GK Foster, B

RB Neville, G

LB Cole, A

CB Terry, J

CB Ferdinand, R

RM Beckham, D

LM Bentley, D

CM Carrick, M

CM Lampard, F

ST Rooney, W

ST Bent, D

Subs:

Owen, Gerrard, Hargreaves, Bridge, Woodgate, Green

Lampard in the team and Gerrard on the bench? ... that is simply ridiculous.

Agree with Bentley though. Was sickening when McClaren sent Jenas on last night, when Bentley should have been the one to come on.

Guest alex

Lampard in the team and Gerrard on the bench? ... that is simply ridiculous.Agree with Bentley though. Was sickening when McClaren sent Jenas on last night, when Bentley should have been the one to come on.

In terms of both ability and form.