Magpies close on Rozehnal

Scottish Mag

i dont think any signings this year will be rushed into, big sam doesnt seem the type to just sign players for the sake of it. it seems by the end of the week we should have ben haim, rozehnal, barton, viduka. which is great for early june, i cant remember a time when we got rid of 6 players and signed 4 in the first few weeks of post season.

fish you are right, i don't recall many....

was varga czech or slovak?

repka was rubbish.

if he's better than what we have then i'm all for that...

He was Slovak.

Can't remember any other czech centre halves bar repka...

If we sign Barton, Viduka, Ben Haim, Rozenahl and a left-back over the next few weeks, I'll be absolutely delighted. I know it's been said a few times now, but if someone had told me a month ago that we'd get Allardyce, a new owner and the players above in the space of a few weeks, I would have told them to seek professional help.

i think a left back is important

We've been needing a new left back for donkey's.

Add a right back to that list aswell.

do you not think solano could fill that role?

duff was tryed by roeder at left back a couple times last season and that worked okish because you still got his pace down the line etc, but i do think they need to sign a left back.

duff was tryed by roeder at left back a couple times last season and that worked okish because you still got his pace down the line etc, but i do think they need to sign a left back.

Solano did a great job don't get me wrong but I still don't think he is the permanent answer. We need an out and out right back who will give us pace and options higher up the pitch(and a natural defender).

Edited by newcastlebroon

Solano did a great job don't get me wrong but I still don't think he is the permanent answer. We need an out and out right back who will give us pace and options higher up the pitch(and a natural defender).

i can see what your saying but with solano there you also get his midfield presence too which is good, but who is out there at that position that newcastle can target realistically

solano can do a job at rb for the short term. i think cb and lb are more pressing priorities. as long as carr never plays for us again, i'll be happy.

solano can do a job at rb for the short term. i think cb and lb are more pressing priorities. as long as carr never plays for us again, i'll be happy.

Looking at what Sam said the other day about possibly playing Dyer at right back, it looks safe that Carr will never play for this club again. Absolutley loved the past week.