Joey Barton signs 5 year deal

Jimbo

Breaking news on Talksport, Barton agree's to join Newcastle providing Parker completes West Ham switch.

Edited by Scottish Mag

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well putting aside whether people are for or against this particular signing, hopefully it signals the launch for several transfers to be completed as we're obviously up and running!

On SMB the mackems already have 2 page thread on this subject before we've even started, they really are sad obsessed little people!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Well putting aside whether people are for or against this particular signing, hopefully it signals the launch for several transfers to be completed as we're obviously up and running!

On SMB the mackems already have 2 page thread on this subject before we've even started, they really are sad obsessed little people!

:lol:

:lol:

And just what are you finding amusing there, i have no idea! :)

Is the fact that the deal is dependant on Parker moving to West Ham a sign that Sam actually has a small budget to work with at the moment?

That's the one worry, that as things stand at this moment in time the money isn't available to throw around just yet, we shall see.

And come on everyone, the mackems already have a 7 page thread on this and a seperate poll as to whether they'd want him or not themselves, we just don't care about NUFC as much as they do. :lol:

Is the fact that the deal is dependant on Parker moving to West Ham a sign that Sam actually has a small budget to work with at the moment?

I think its that they both play in the same position, and if parker doesn't go we won't need barton. Actually half hope parker stays, signing barton is just asking for trouble.

I think it is foremost a question of only signing players like for like. It wouldn't make much sense to sign Barton but to have to hang on to Parker. There would be too many central midfielders then surely. But of course it is also a question about money. Having already the replacement in the squad would also devalue the price of those players we want to get rid off.

Sky Sports News understands that Joey Barton will sign for Newcastle United on Monday - assuming that captain Scott Parker completes his own move to West Ham.

Sam Allardyce has instigated a transfer merry-go-round since arriving on Tyneside and, having opted to allow Parker to return to London, is on the brink of signing Manchester City's controversial midfielder Barton.

The England international was suspended by City at the conclusion of the Premiership season after a training ground bust-up with team-mate Ousmane Dabo that left the Frenchman requiring hospital treatment.

His latest transgression in a string of unsavoury incidents at Eastlands convinced the club to dispose of his services, and City subsequently admitted they were open to any offers which activated Barton's £5.5million release clause.

Newcastle appear to have matched their asking price, and Allardyce is now on the brink of bringing Barton to the North East in his first signing since taking over from Glenn Roeder.

However, Barton will only be confirmed as a Newcastle player on Monday if Parker - the player he will replace at St James' Park - completes a move to West Ham.

Newcastle and West Ham have agreed a fee in the region of £8.5million for the midfielder who will link up with his former manager at Charlton, Alan Curbishley, if he joins The Hammers.

I think its that they both play in the same position, and if parker doesn't go we won't need barton.

I dunno the centre of our midfield is crying out for new players. We only really have Butt, Emre and Parker there at the moment and they created pretty much fuck all last season.

I think its that they both play in the same position, and if parker doesn't go we won't need barton.

I dunno the centre of our midfield is crying out for new players. We only really have Butt, Emre and Parker there at the moment and they created pretty much fuck all last season.

I don't think Barton will change this too much. I'd still like to see a real creative player for our midfield.

Anyway, it's going to be fun to see when Emre and Barton will clash for the first time...

Does anyone know if Barton still has legal action hanging over him?

I'm sure the player he beat up mentioned charges and hadn't the police spoken to Barton, but i don't remember reading of any conclusion?

Edited by Papa Lazaru

He's a good player, but he's another of these midfielders who the media describe as 'box to box', in other words he's not good enough at either attacking or defending so he just saunters around doing both. See Parker, Jenas, Emre etc.

I think the investigation was put on hold as most of the witnesses were away on holiday, the police will probably be wanting to talk to them when pre-season training starts again.

Good player, hideous person. Bad message for the club to send out as its first signing under the new regime imo

Agree,just when you thought we were going to be moving away from the bad boy circus,up pops Barton out of the Toon top hat.

Classic

I think the investigation was put on hold as most of the witnesses were away on holiday, the police will probably be wanting to talk to them when pre-season training starts again.

Yeah, i thought it hadn't been concluded one way or another. And obviously as footy fans are always collossal hypocrites, we'll have to hope he gets off with it if he signs for us, if not then lock him up! :lol: