Boudewijn Zenden considers options

Scottish Mag

Liverpool's Boudewijn Zenden is currently considering his options.

The Dutch midfielder started the UEFA Champions League final defeat against Milan, but it seems he may now be surplus to requirements at Anfield.

Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez is ready to overhaul his squad and Zenden is one of those who looks set to leave.

Zenden's father and representative Pierre, admits there is interest in his son but there is not a big hurry to finalise details.

"There is not a rush, everyone is on vacation at the moment," Zenden snr told skysports.com.

"There are a number of interested parties, but nothing in detail at the moment."

Zenden has been linked with a number of clubs both in the Premiership and abroad - but his father stressed that no decision has been made on where he may be playing in the future.

"He likes it there [in England] but we will see what happens - we don't know when anything will be sorted, a month, a few weeks - we don't know," he added.

It is believed that Everton and Newcastle are amongst the clubs ready to offer Zenden a chance to stay in England, whilst Roma could give the former Lazio man a route back to the Eternal city.

I'd prefer not, I'm alright strengthening with free/cheap older players in the places we need but we're fairly well set on the left wing

To call Zenden hopeless is way off the mark in my book. He might not be going to set the world alight and I wouldn't want to spend much if anything on him but the reality of the situation is we have a paper thin squad and he is someone who could cover a couple of positions and play in a number of formations.

He would be a vast improvement on having to call on the likes of O'Brien and Pattison!

To call Zenden hopeless is way off the mark in my book. He might not be going to set the world alight and I wouldn't want to spend much if anything on him but the reality of the situation is we have a paper thin squad and he is someone who could cover a couple of positions and play in a number of formations.

He would be a vast improvement on having to call on the likes of O'Brien and Pattison!

Waste of wages tbh

we've already got better on the books, and if we were to buy a left winger there are younger and better players out there

we've already got better on the books, and if we were to buy a left winger there are younger and better players out there

Buy being the key word there!

I don't think that simply because something is free we should neccesarily get it. He's no better and would just be a drain on the wage... so what exactly is the benefit in signing an aging average left winger? Be he free or not

Guest alex

Could do a job in the middle I reckon and our squad is a bit thin. Not really fast enough to play wide left any more.

gay hair

Wouldn't say that to his face though. He's a black belt in judo iirc.

I'm seeing him later, we're going shoe shopping...I'll hold my tongue though. Thanks for the tip! :lol:

Guest alex

gay hair

Wouldn't say that to his face though. He's a black belt in judo iirc.

I'm seeing him later, we're going shoe shopping...I'll hold my tongue though. Thanks for the tip! :lol:

:lol:

Buy being the key word there!

I don't think that simply because something is free we should neccesarily get it. He's no better and would just be a drain on the wage... so what exactly is the benefit in signing an aging average left winger? Be he free or not

I agree we shouldn't be signing someone just because they are free but he is a tidy player who could do a decent job filling in on the wing or in the centre.

I wouldn't give him a long term contract or big wages and tbh I wouldn't really care less whether we signed him or not. I just think our squad is so thin we could do with padding it out a bit and unless Ashley gets full control and offers a massive transfer fund we are going to need some free transfers to do that.

Was one of the main reasons Liverpool lost the champions league imo. Milans RB was the teams weakest link by a mile and was only matched by the woefullness of zenden. Giggs would have had liverpool 3-0 by half time!