New Captain?

duckerDavies

So with it looking like the current captains going to west ham who would you have to replace him?

Sounds weird as Barton's our new signing but i'd go with him because he seems so have the club at heart whenever he plays. It would have been Solano if it didn't come down to age so he can be vice captain

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way will it or should it be Barton tbh.

Solano would be my first choice... but it's no guarantee he'll be a regular starter. Tough choice actually.

I wouldn't mind Taylor getting it. Would be a great vote of confidence for him, and could help his game hugely in regards to his sometimes rash decision making. It worked wonders for Terry to be given the armband at a relatively young age.

Definitely not Given. Great leader of the defence, but he can't do fuck all further up the field.

Nicky Butt IMO but it depends on who else comes in.

cant believe no1 has mentioned Owen?!?!??! englands number one?!?!

tbf he's englands number 10 and I wouldn't put the arm band on him for any side, he's a poacher the kind of player that needs to be selfish and not neccesarily in the game all the time, I much prefer captains to be leaders from somewhere, CBs and CMs make the best captains for me

Renton would be seething if it was Butt. :lol:

I see this quite often, I assume renton seethes a lot?

He's a transexual, he has a lot to seethe about tbh A.K.A Frustration

Fair enough

Butt isn't first choice in the team anyway. If Barton plays in the centre mid and Allardyce plays his preffered 3 up front, there isn't even a place for Butt. Please let it be Taylor. Nobby's got a voice like a little girl. I wouldn't be able to take Solano seriously barking out orders to Joey Barton et al.

Lack of really good options. I don't see much in Taylor being captain - he's still young and rash, and needs to concentrate on his own failings before telling others off.

Still got the potential to be a good leader though.