New Captain?

duckerDavies

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well stop so fucking negative about him, you daft twat. He seems, surely, if played, and if he proves himself as the talent we all secretly know he is, but will never admit to, the logical progression due to his experience. I think you'l find that I'm not bumming him sunshine, you just hate him.

Well stop so fucking negative about him, you daft twat. He seems, surely, if played, and if he proves himself as the talent we all secretly know he is, but will never admit to, the logical progression due to his experience. I think you'l find that I'm not bumming him sunshine, you just hate him.

You are being serious right? :lol:

He seems, surely, if played, and if he proves himself as the talent we all secretly know he is, but will never admit to, the logical progression due to his experience.

That is one fucked up sentence. :lol:

I don't think there's any really outstanding candidates tbh.

Taylor shows the passion I would like from a captain but he is far too young and raw,

Given has the experience but he's not even the most vocal of keepers and personally I would never have a keeper as captain,

Nobby is experienced and has captained his national team if I'm not mistaken but I don't think he's going to be a guaranteed starter this season and I don't think he shows the type of agression we need,

Butt is another who is quite a quiet bloke really,

Owen as others have said selfish by definition in the role he plays and like a keeper I wouldn't really go with a striker as captain,

Barton shows the qualities on the pitch I like to see from a captain but we all know about his mental issues.

With the players we have at the minute I would say that the above are the candidates and tbh none of them tick all of the boxes. If I had to choose I think it would be between Barton and Butt and it would probably depend on how Allardyce sees there roles next sesaon.

Guest alex

Giving Taylor the captaincy would be bringing on the reo coker situation all over again. He already thinks hes unplayable!

He's not far wrong :lol:

It's hard to see any really standout people besides Given (who is the right player but wrong position - Schmeichel used to do a decent job, but he was pretty [yes, yes] unique) and maybe Butt if he plays enough (but maybe isn't outspoken enough).

Don't really hate him, just think it would be the wrong idea giving the captaincy to a quiet, injury prone irish headless chicken

Edited by newcastlebroon

Not produced any great performances as of yet,

doesn't strike me as a leader of men,

has no great loyalty to the club

what exactly do you see in Duff? Nobody "secretly" knows he's a talent, we know he had a couple of seasons at blackburn where he looked top dog, but since his Chelsea move he's looked listless and lacking in ideas. Why in Gods name would you bestow captaincy on him?

it's akin to giving it to Carr

Not produced any great performances as of yet,

doesn't strike me as a leader of men,

has no great loyalty to the club

what exactly do you see in Duff? Nobody "secretly" knows he's a talent, we know he had a couple of seasons at blackburn where he looked top dog, but since his Chelsea move he's looked listless and lacking in ideas. Why in Gods name would you bestow captaincy on him?

it's akin to giving it to Carr

he looked a decent player for chelsea too to be fair. it's only since he's started wearing a newcastle shirt that he's looked complete and utter gash.

it wasn't the barnstorming shows he put on at Ewood park though.

either way, he's no Captain, is my point

Wacky's suggestion of Barton is a good shout imo.

Yeah, no-one's suggested that before eh

no one of note :lol:

Guest alex

Baggio gets the full credit, ul

I don't get your point. I wasn't saying he was the first person to come up with it, I was just agreeing. What's 'ul' by the way?

Baggio gets the full credit, ul

I don't get your point. I wasn't saying he was the first person to come up with it, I was just agreeing. What's 'ul' by the way?

"Wacky's suggestion" implies that it was his alone tbh

ul