Camping

Jusoda Kid

I was upt' hills at the weekend and passed a canny spot. Up towards Wooler to the Breamish Valley (Cheviots). There is a river runs down the valley and was a few people sticking tents up around there. Takes under an hour to get there.

Or Planky Mill :lol: just watch out for the pit bulls (not the dogs, but the other end of the lead usually :lol: )

Not far from the Toon, 1 hour drive max. Preferably with facilities but being able to have a fire would be a bonus.

Any ideas?

TIA Campers

:lol:

Wacky's bail conditions could not dampen his spirit for the outdoors.

Not far from the Toon, 1 hour drive max. Preferably with facilities but being able to have a fire would be a bonus.

Any ideas?

TIA Campers

Haggerston Castle - is that still a camping place? I've never been but it just came to me as a random thought when I read the first post...

Haggerston Castle - is that still a camping place? I've never been but it just came to me as a random thought when I read the first post...

It's a full on posh resort now man woman man :lol: and very expensive!

I would stick with Planky Mill :lol:

Guest alex

Not within an hour's drive but the campsite next to Coniston Water is good. Easy walk to a few boozers and a lush setting.

Any ideas?

TIA Campers

Cunny Funt :lol:

Only going for a couple of days with wor lass and the bairns, might be a couple of mates tagging on with their kids.

Whats at Planky Mill?

Guest alex

Not within an hour's drive but the campsite next to Coniston Water is good. Easy walk to a few boozers and a lush setting.

How far is that and whats there? i.e, camp site facilities

More like a couple of hours. It's got the usual showers and stuff but that's about it. It's just outside Coniston Village though so it's not really a problem. It's the campsite that is sited right next to the lake itself. I'd check it out before you go as I haven't been for about 5 years.

Cheers, gonna start checking a few places out. Don't want to be to close to the toon or it will be full of radgies on mountain bikes with air rifles strapped to their backs

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Guest alex

Cheers, gonna start checking a few places out. Don't want to be to close to the toon or it will be full of radgies on mountain bikes with air rifles strapped to their backs

:lol: My sis and her bloke went to a place with my cousin and her lad near Ullswater. Apparently it was full of radgies and someone got stabbed while they were there. Nice. It was my cousin's lad's idea to go there. Despite the fact he'd never been. He is a mackem though. Canny lad but thick as a plank. This place near Consiton is nowt like that though.

:lol: My sis and her bloke went to a place with my cousin and her lad near Ullswater. Apparently it was full of radgies and someone got stabbed while they were there. Nice. It was my cousin's lad's idea to go there. Despite the fact he'd never been. He is a mackem though. Canny lad but thick as a plank. This place near Consiton is nowt like that though.

I reckon I know which site you mean, it's down directly at the lake. I went to Ullswater last Summer with my sister and her family. I rang them up and booked a place. But when we arrived we just saw a huge place full of tramps. We didn't even bother to have a closer look and went to a smaller place not too far away which was nice.

There's no such thing as a good camping trip. 4 star accomodation at a minimum tbh. :lol:

you're not wrong Scott me old mucker.

we developed building methods so that we no longer had to sleep on the floor in some cow shit ridden field, even if you don't want to stay in comfort, you can get a room in a B&B/Hostel/Hotel for fuck all if you look hard enough

I stayed in a Hostel in Marseille for 7 Euros a night... nice double bed, sink in the room. It was clean, friendly and cheap... why in gods name do you want to sleep in discomfort, be cold and have to fucking pay for the privilege of it? :lol:

I went camping with Meenzer many moons ago!

Was with Cubs though before you all start. Saying that being in the Cubs is a bit gay like looking back.

But I can do a reef knot bet you fuckas can't!!

Did Meenzer do your balloon knot?

Was with Cubs though before you all start. Saying that being in the Cubs is a bit gay like looking back.

No he just fucked me up the arse tbh.

He's a proper three push Charlie I heard. Dib dib dib!

He's a proper three push Charlie I heard. Dib dib dib!

He never went to Scouts like, reckon he must have started to develop feelings for boys around the time of the transition from Cubs to Scouts and figured it would be for the best not to go. He'd have been fucked in Beavers!