Newcastle in for GIULY?

Greg

Can anyone read/speak French?

GIULY VERS NEWCASTLE ?

Les dirigeants de Newcastle ont transmis une offre à leurs homologues de Barcelone pour le transfert du milieu de terrain Ludovic Giuly. Le joueur, qui n'est pas contre, a affirmé vouloir conserver le salaire qu'il perçoit en Espagne. Par ailleurs, le club anglais vient de se séparer de Scott Parker. L'international anglais a accepté les termes d'un contrat avec West Ham. Le montant du transfert est d'environ 13 millions d'euros.

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/ligue-1/2...to1202579.shtml

Giuly vers Newcastle

05/06/2007 - 08:43

Un temps pressenti du côté de Marseille ,l'international francais devrais rejoindre la Premier League et le club de Newcastle qui s'est montré intéressé par l'ancien Monégasque. De plus, Marseille n'aurait pas pu s'aligner sur les prétentions salariales du joueur.

http://www.football.fr/fr/footballfr/cmc/s...stle_23317.html?

GIULY TOWARDS NEWCASTLE? The leaders of Newcastle transmitted an offer to their counterparts of Barcelona for the transfer of the medium of ground Ludovic Giuly. The player, who is not against, affirmed to want to preserve the wages which it perceives in Spain. In addition, the English club has just separated from Scott Parker. International English accepted the terms of a contract with West Ham. The amount of the transfer is approximately 13 million euros

Guest alex

I thought he was fantastic when Barca won the European Cup last year. Couldn't believe he wasn't even in the French squad.

Newcastle have submitted a bid of £9m for Guily. Guily said to be not totally against the move but would be looking to command a similar salary to that which he obtains at Barcelona.

Well if we're going to give dyer a throw at RB then the guily/milner option on the right wing sounds good to me, a good player for milner to learn from

not sure about the fee though, seems a lot but if it's representative of the money we have to spend with ashley coming in now then :lol:

Newcastle have submitted a bid of £9m for Guily. Guily said to be not totally against the move but would be looking to command a similar salary to that which he obtains at Barcelona.

That's no problem, we'll triple it probably. :lol:

Anyone else feel a bit different about being linked with a foreign player, knowing we've got a manager that knows how to assimilate them into a squad? I don't have that instant feeling of "this'll never fucking work" like I normally do.

Anyone else feel a bit different about being linked with a foreign player, knowing we've got a manager that knows how to assimilate them into a squad? I don't have that instant feeling of "this'll never fucking work" like I normally do.

I've not felt this positive in a long time, probably only really comparable with SBR's coming in and demolishing of Shef Wed and back in KK days.

Not just because I hope we've got a good manager for the first time in a while (and one that is still in his prime, the one thing that let SBR down a bit), but also because of what will hopefully be happening to the backroom staff and the new owner (as the Hall's haven't had much of an interest in anything but the finances in 10 years now).

However I can't help but 1/2 expect something soap opera-ish to occur and it all to go hideously wrong.

I'm pretty sure by the 14m euros, they're talking about the Parker fee, not the Giuly fee.

I'm pretty sure by the 14m euros, they're talking about the Parker fee, not the Giuly fee.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

GIULY TOWARDS NEWCASTLE? The leaders of Newcastle transmitted an offer to their counterparts of Barcelona for the transfer of the medium of ground Ludovic Giuly. The player, who is not against, affirmed to want to preserve the wages which it perceives in Spain. In addition, the English club has just separated from Scott Parker. International English accepted the terms of a contract with West Ham. The amount of the transfer is approximately 13 million euros

:lol: