Barton or Parker?

Dr Gloom

barton or parker?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Us. For less than we even payed for Parker, we have gotten a midfielder who can do what he didn't do, score goals. Barton is a box to box player who has the ability and the drive to be a very good player for us. Yes he comes with baggage, but lets judge him on the pitch. In Nicky Butt we have a player who can do the breaking up of attacks job that Parker was left to do. Parker was good but I think Barton and Butt could well compliment each other very, very nicely.

We spent less and got a more proactive, creative, aggressive midfielder.

They spent more and got a more controlled, mature and likable midfielder.

but it's all subjective, Barton fills a gap in our squad, we needed a goal scoring attacking midfielder, West Ham may have needed a player who's not afraid to put his foot on the ball and dictate the tempo a little more.

in any case we've also just bought an excuse to revive and tweak the Warren Barton Centre Partin' chant... so that can't be a bad thing.

parker certainly isn't a goal-scoring midfielder. is barton?

Year-----Games------Goals

2006-----33-----------6

2005-----31-----------7

2004-----31 ----------1

2003-----28-----------1

2002------7-----------1

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

he's certainly becoming more progressive in the box

6-7 goals a season is a decent return from a centre midfielder as long as the widemen chip in with a few - something duff and dyer have to improve on

6-7 goals a season is a decent return from a centre midfielder as long as the widemen chip in with a few - something duff and dyer have to improve on

That's if we keep Dyer and Duff, I'd be content to let em go somewhere else and play N'Zogbia and Milner, both of whom strike me as a greater goal threat.

Us. For less than we even payed for Parker, we have gotten a midfielder who can do what he didn't do, score goals. Barton is a box to box player who has the ability and the drive to be a very good player for us. Yes he comes with baggage, but lets judge him on the pitch. In Nicky Butt we have a player who can do the breaking up of attacks job that Parker was left to do. Parker was good but I think Barton and Butt could well compliment each other very, very nicely.

Keane & Butt :lol:

That's if we keep Dyer and Duff, I'd be content to let em go somewhere else and play N'Zogbia and Milner, both of whom strike me as a greater goal threat.

Play Milner and N'Zogbia out wide and we will be midtable no matter who we put in the middle or up front.

Note that the two you clain to be a better goal threat scored less than the other two last season. :lol:

Edited by gram

parker certainly isn't a goal-scoring midfielder. is barton?

Year-----Games------Goals

2006-----33-----------6

2005-----31-----------7

2004-----31 ----------1

2003-----28-----------1

2002------7-----------1

Not a great return when you consider he's had the best part of £24m spent on aquiring his services.

Play Milner and N'Zogbia out wide and we will be midtable no matter who we put in the middle or up front.

Note that the two you clain to be a better goal threat scored less than the other two last season. :lol:

Milner scored more than Duff and Dyer played up front, hardly a fair comparison.

Milner scored more than Duff and Dyer played up front, hardly a fair comparison.

Have you read Milners scoring record from last season? Dyer played half a season and still outscored him despite being played all over the place last season - not up front, exclusively, as you suggest.

Just pointing out the kid isnt good enough, again. It will become apparent to you soon to :lol:

Nb: happy for him to stay as a squad player, just in case.

Have you read Milners scoring record from last season? Dyer played half a season and still outscored him despite being played all over the place last season - not up front, exclusively, as you suggest.

Just pointing out the kid isnt good enough, again. It will become apparent to you soon to :lol:

He played a hell of a lot more games up front than Milner and has a good number of years experience over the lad aswell.

He played a hell of a lot more games up front than Milner and has a good number of years experience over the lad aswell.

Lot more ability too.

Lot more ability too.

Apart from running fast what would these ability would this be then?

Lot more ability too.

The one that Milner cant do you mean?

See which one of them plays for England tonight.....and has done, under 3 different managers, since he was younger than Milner is. There is a reason for that, you know. He has his flaws, but despite that, he is still a far far better player than Milner will ever be.

Note that the two you clain to be a better goal threat scored less than the other two last season. :D

Just pointing out the kid isnt good enough, again. It will become apparent to you soon to ;)

Lot more ability too.

The one that Milner cant do you mean?

See which one of them plays for England tonight.....and has done, under 3 different managers, since he was younger than Milner is. There is a reason for that, you know. He has his flaws, but despite that, he is still a far far better player than Milner will ever be.

There have been plenty of players over the years that shouldn't have played for England but did and plenty the other way round aswell.

Milner will be a better player than Dyer ever was (I think he already is).

That's nice for you. However, you are very very wrong. Lots of players have played for England once or twice and maybe shouldnt. Very few have played over 30 games without some semblance of ability. The sort of ability you cant see, for instance.

If a player is good enough then the current International scene is the easiest one for average players to make the odd appearance. Milner would have had some inkling that he was going to make the step up. I'll happily wager that he wont make as many England appearance as his colleague though. I'll also wager he wont make double figures.

People better qualified than you and I have made the decisions on ability. Those good enough tend to make it though. Very few escape it.

Edited by gram

That's nice for you. However, you are very very wrong. Lots of players have played for England once or twice and maybe shouldnt. Very few have played over 30 games without some semblance of ability. The sort of ability you cant see, for instance.

If a player is good enough then the current International scene is the easiest one for average players to make the odd appearance. Milner would have had some inkling that he was going to make the step up. I'll happily wager that he wont make as many England appearance as his colleague though. I'll also wager he wont make double figures.

People better qualified than you and I have made the decisions on ability. Those good enough tend to make it though. Very few escape it.

Ok so going along with your theory Boumsong IS better than Mexes? :D