Barton or Parker?

Dr Gloom

barton or parker?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's nice for you. However, you are very very wrong. Lots of players have played for England once or twice and maybe shouldnt. Very few have played over 30 games without some semblance of ability. The sort of ability you cant see, for instance.

If a player is good enough then the current International scene is the easiest one for average players to make the odd appearance. Milner would have had some inkling that he was going to make the step up. I'll happily wager that he wont make as many England appearance as his colleague though. I'll also wager he wont make double figures.

People better qualified than you and I have made the decisions on ability. Those good enough tend to make it though. Very few escape it.

Ok so going along with your theory Boumsong IS better than Mexes? :D

Mexes has Zero caps? Boumsong has in excess of 30? So no, that isnt my theory at all.

try again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nice for you. However, you are very very wrong. Lots of players have played for England once or twice and maybe shouldnt. Very few have played over 30 games without some semblance of ability. The sort of ability you cant see, for instance.

If a player is good enough then the current International scene is the easiest one for average players to make the odd appearance. Milner would have had some inkling that he was going to make the step up. I'll happily wager that he wont make as many England appearance as his colleague though. I'll also wager he wont make double figures.

People better qualified than you and I have made the decisions on ability. Those good enough tend to make it though. Very few escape it.

Mexes has Zero caps? Boumsong has in excess of 30? So no, that isnt my theory at all.

try again.

Milner turned 21 THIS year ffs! ;)

Ok you believe what you want but of the two I would chose Milner on our right every time, even when he doesn't play well he doesn't go missing and still works his arse off for the team. I don't think I could count the number of times I have wondered whether or not Dyer is on the pitch.

try again.

Ok you believe what you want but of the two I would chose Milner on our right every time, even when he doesn't play well he doesn't go missing and still works his arse off for the team. I don't think I could count the number of times I have wondered whether or not Dyer is on the pitch.

I will and I have. Milner may 'work his arse off'. That usually involved labouring to move 10 yards, turning round, doing a stepover and nearly knocking some fuckers head off in the stands. That, isnt what a footballer is there to do. Nice support for the lad who is 21 but cristiano Ronaldo is 22 and has 46 caps. One is a very good footballer and the other plays for us and is unlikely to play for England more than 10 times. Sadly, there is a very transparent reason for that.

try again.

I will and I have. Milner may 'work his arse off'. That usually involved labouring to move 10 yards, turning round, doing a stepover and nearly knocking some fuckers head off in the stands. That, isnt what a footballer is there to do. Nice support for the lad who is 21 but cristiano Ronaldo is 22 and has 46 caps. One is a very good footballer and the other plays for us and is unlikely to play for England more than 10 times. Sadly, there is a very transparent reason for that.

Ronaldo is probably the best right winger in this league, bit of a difference from comparing Milner to Dyer.

So what does Dyer do then? He is a fantastic crosser isnt he?

Also Boumsong has played 3 times as many international as Mexes so surely by your logoc that must mean he is the better player?

try again.

Ronaldo is probably the best right winger in this league, bit of a difference from comparing Milner to Dyer.

Also Boumsong has played 3 times as many international as Mexes so surely by your logoc that must mean he is the better player?

If you cant see what Dyer does then that is your problem. Football isnt always played with the ball at your feet. There is a clue. Not sure you have seen them on the same pitch but the fact that one has played 30+ times for England, played consistently in a Top 5 side and is rated by so many in the game, should give you an indication that you are 'wide of the mark' on this one.

Milner is adequate, I doubt if he will play for England. Do you think he ever will and deserves to?

Milner has very limited techincal ability imo, his work rate is superb but he doesn't have the spark about him to help him progress to the next level.

Very true. Nice kid, hard worker. Limited.

try again.

If you cant see what Dyer does then that is your problem. Football isnt always played with the ball at your feet. There is a clue. Not sure you have seen them on the same pitch but the fact that one has played 30+ times for England, played consistently in a Top 5 side and is rated by so many in the game, should give you an indication that you are 'wide of the mark' on this one.

Milner is adequate, I doubt if he will play for England. Do you think he ever will and deserves to?

If you can't say what Dyer does well then I don't thinks its me with the problem. His "off the ball" work is very overrated, as said its not unusual to forget/not even realise he is even on the pitch! There are lots of players who win a lot of undeserved caps for the national side. Dyer has never been used as a regular, he is often someone to come off the bench when he plays.

Milner was one of the most productive players in the premiership last season and wasn't far off it this season but he doesn't run around fast so obviously he isn't good enough and at 21 years old he should have at least 20 England caps because no good players have ever struggled for International caps have they!? (Andy Cole 15 caps, Robbie Fowler 26 caps, Le Tissier etc...)

Dyer isn't limited then? :D

I forgot he was our goal machine, record assist breaking central midfielder, Right winger, Striker erm right back?

i'll think you will find that I stated he has his flaws. Just nowhere near as many as Milner. Versatility is a good thing to have and sometimes it holds you back. Didnt when Dyer played in central midfield and was important in us finishing 3,4,5th.

Like I say, if you cant see it then thats fine. Your problem, however, in your overrating of Milner you are making yourself look a bit daft.

You never answered the question. Do you think he will ever play for England, or indeed deserves it?

Cole did, Fowler did, Le Tissier did but they were up against World Class strikers. Who is world class and plays on the right for England right now?

Surely such a talented player would walk in? Again, there is a reason for him not getting a game. His top performances have seen his ex colleague, picked ahead of him (Lennon) and he is another with flaws (just not as many as Milner).

I think Milner will get a game for England and will deserve it if he carries on improving.

It wasn't that long ago that Joe Cole was just a show pony.

As said I would much rather Milner in the team because when on form he rapes his opposing full back, he is productive despite what some say and when he has a "bad" game he still does something for the team.

When Dyer is on top form (about 4 games after a long spell injured) he controls games and scares the shit out of the opposting, then he goes 10 games doing absolutely fuck all.

International caps are just a bollocks, lazy way of trying to argue why a player is better than another. Heskey has fucking loads for gods sake! :D

I think Milner will get a game for England and will deserve it if he carries on improving.

As said I would much rather Milner in the team because when on form he rapes his opposing full back, he is productive despite what some say and when he has a "bad" game he still does something for the team.

When Dyer is on top form (about 4 games after a long spell injured) he controls games and scares the shit out of the opposting, then he goes 10 games doing absolutely fuck all.

International caps are just a bollocks, lazy way of trying to argue why a player is better than another. Heskey has fucking loads for gods sake! :D

International caps mean that a player has excelled at some point. Those selceted recently have done something to deserve it. Not sure Milner ever has. Or will.

Dyer has the ability, as you state. Milner will never have that. He simply isnt good enough. If he was, and your comment that he is 'one of the best' suggests that you think that, the he would have propelled him self there. He hasnt. So some bugger is wrong here? Was it Sven? McClaren or you?

International caps mean that a player has excelled at some point. Those selceted recently have done something to deserve it. Not sure Milner ever has. Or will.

Dyer has the ability, as you state. Milner will never have that. He simply isnt good enough. If he was, and your comment that he is 'one of the best' suggests that you think that, the he would have propelled him self there. He hasnt. So some bugger is wrong here? Was it Sven? McClaren or you?

I said "one of the most productive" and that isn't an opinion that is FACT!

So all good players would be playing international football at 21 right? and if they werent the finished article at 21 then they are never going to be good enough correct?

At 24 that average player Didier Drogba signed for Guingamp. Wonder where he is now, I mean signing for a club like that at 24 you obviously have no chance of making it.

I said "one of the most productive" and that isn't an opinion that is FACT!

So all good players would be playing international football at 21 right? and if they werent the finished article at 21 then they are never going to be good enough correct?

At 24 that average player Didier Drogba signed for Guingamp. Wonder where he is now, I mean signing for a club like that at 24 you obviously have no chance of making it.

You suggesting that Milner is the standard of Drogba now? Youre like Mystic Meg!

I will guarantee he isnt anywhere near. Nb: Beckham just came off and Dyer went on for England. That is the present. That more caps won in a week for Dyer than Milner is likely to get in his career. any idea why that is?

Andy Cole didn't get many caps in his prime tbh...does that make Heskey for example better?

See earlier post. He got some caps! He was up against a world class striker. Milner, certainly isnt up against anyone really of that standard unless Gerrard is played there. If he is worth the bother, he will get them. He hasnt. He wont. Simple really.

Truth of the matter is they are both average, for many and different reasons and in a perfect world we wouldn't have to rely on either of them for our club.

By the way gram, the way you use to abuse leaze was justified but the way you constantly have slyly insulted gejon throughout your disagreement makes you look like a twat (no, I don't know jon from a bar a soap either and if you can't see it reread you posts.)

Milner is consistent. Dyer is all over the place. Dyer sometimes breaks through a defence like a hot knife. Milner labours over the ball a wee bit. Milner's crossing is mostly superb. Dyer's is mostly crap. Dyer is a jumped up little fuckwit. Milner is a grafter. Dyer posesses a great touch and fantastic pace. Milner sometimes ends up with the ball in the satnds. Dyer gets hoofed off the ball and sulks. Milner chases back and thumps them.

I still know who I'd want in my team. And who I'd like to sell for big bucks to some useless unsuspecting Southern twat who doesn't know football from their prawn sandwich.

thought this was about barton or parker.

for the record all dyer has over milner is pace and being versatile. his touch and technique are both good as well and because of his pace he will score more goals (because he's often played higher up the pitch). his choice of passing could do with improving and he's too weak physically. his atttitude stinks. he doesn't deserve half of his england caps....

milner is definitely an unfinished product, he has goodish technique again, but lacks outright speed. crossing and passing need to improve if he is to get to the next level. his long range shootings not bad. his attitude and work rate are good. he'll never play for england with the players that are in front of him on the right /left currently....

oh and gram your berating of gejon is very silly. makes you look a right tit tbh. anyone can be high and mighty, but it takes a better person to be constructive and point people in the right direction. try doing that in the future.

Milner is consistent. Dyer is all over the place. Dyer sometimes breaks through a defence like a hot knife. Milner labours over the ball a wee bit. Milner's crossing is mostly superb. Dyer's is mostly crap. Dyer is a jumped up little fuckwit. Milner is a grafter. Dyer posesses a great touch and fantastic pace. Milner sometimes ends up with the ball in the satnds. Dyer gets hoofed off the ball and sulks. Milner chases back and thumps them.

I still know who I'd want in my team. And who I'd like to sell for big bucks to some useless unsuspecting Southern twat who doesn't know football from their prawn sandwich.

One good cross a game if you are lucky...

One good cross a game if you are lucky...

And mostly when he's rushed or about to fall down, when he has time and space his delivery is suspect to say the least. That said Dyer's is woeful.