Linux

Tooj

Thinking of perhaps migrating operating systems and Linux and Ubuntu in particular seem to be the weapons of choice people are recommending me at the moment.

Basically just wondering what anybody else would recommend or if people have had any experiences with Linux/Ubuntu and what they think of it?

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...ubuntu&st=0

Linux is not worth the hassle tbh - :D

I'm currently using Windows server 2003 and its almost identical to xp.

As this is a server OS its much more stable than xp - fecking wants to be with a 3000 quid price tag.

had a bit of trouble finding an anti virus but got there in the end.

My version is a 'tinyxp' type - where all the extra microsoft shite is taken out leaving just essential OS stuff.

Seems to be a lot quicker than xp as well - a 'c' drive anti virus check and a 'c' drive defrag at the same time didnt phase it at all.

• 1 month later...
Thinking of perhaps migrating operating systems and Linux and Ubuntu in particular seem to be the weapons of choice people are recommending me at the moment.

Basically just wondering what anybody else would recommend or if people have had any experiences with Linux/Ubuntu and what they think of it?

I only use Linux systems and if you can live with out the use of off the shelf games then I would recommend Linux, Ubuntu is very easy one to pick up and use the forum service and guides are excellent. Let us know how you got on and if you need any help.

the people who like LINUX are all pretty techie

they SAY its simple but then they launch off into geek-speak

i think its OK if you like that sort of thing OR you have a Support Dept (eg the wife) who are

not for begiiners