Ashley to take over Newcastle Utd

Craig

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we're getting a little greedy wanting Dein as well? After all, a month ago none of us would have dreamed about what has gone on since the last game of the season. Having said that, he could potentially be a massive part of the equation required for us to get a trophy.

Most of the reports are Chairman with one or two Chief Exec's of Ashley's choosing alongside him.

David Dein? :D

That could be good.

In a strange way it may be for the best to retain FFS (in the short term anyway) just to minimise any disruption to the stuff that is going on now (Allerdyce just being appointed and all the transfer stuff).

Maybe we're getting a little greedy wanting Dein as well? After all, a month ago none of us would have dreamed about what has gone on since the last game of the season. Having said that, he could potentially be a massive part of the equation required for us to get a trophy.

I'm hoping he'd want to be involved in what (jinxes everything) could a nice little revolution.

Why hasnt this had more replies. its great news! I hope his ongoing role at the club is not as chairman though!

Sadly, it's rumoured to be just that! :D

I'm beginning to wonder if that was the bargaining chip that Ashley had to use to get Fred to sell.

just what i was thinking.

Freddy Shepherd Statement

Following the announcement that Newcastle United and St James Holdings Limited have agreed the terms of a recommended cash offer by SJHL, Chairman Freddy Shepherd has said the following:

"As Chairman of Newcastle United I have always tried to act in the very best interests of this great football club, and stressed that should the right person emerge to lead the club forward into the future, then I would support them fully.

"I believe Mike Ashley and SJHL, along with new manager Sam Allardyce can deliver a vibrant new era at Newcastle United and I sincerely hope that together we can all enjoy successful times.

"It was always very important to me that this whole matter was handled amicably and swiftly for the sake of everyone connected with the football club."

By my reckoning, this declaration takes his holding to 51.79%

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/LSECWS/...&source=RNS

He's obviously miles over that now as millions of shares were changing hands on Friday. He's probably already got the lions share of Fat Fred's shares.

EDIT: Kaupthing Banking are also buying on behalf of Ashley, they were acquiring shares a few days before he bought SJH's stake in the club so he should have a fair amount

Edited by Skol

Guest Albuquerque

Didn't Ashley recently sell his stake in Adidas after making a reported profit of £130m?

Hmm, shareholder's selling their stakes in plc's after making profits..

Fair old chunk that as well, about 7.5% by my reckoning. So, as it did look like he had increased to 51% with yesterdays purchase, that should have him around 59%.

So at least now we know that he is the majority shareholder, and that after all is the main part of the battle in getting Shepherd out. Even if he doesn't get 75% (which in fairness I'm still confident he'll get, and with what Wolfgang is saying looks increasingly likely) then now we know that the revolution has officially begun. :lol:

So at least now we know that he is the majority shareholder, and that after all is the main part of the battle in getting Shepherd out. Even if he doesn't get 75% (which in fairness I'm still confident he'll get, and with what Wolfgang is saying looks increasingly likely) then now we know that the revolution has officially begun. :lol:

People still get confused about Ashley's percentage and the sale of Shepherds shares not having taken place yet. That doesn't really matter as there is already a binding agreement.

From the stockmarket announcement:

SJHL has received irrevocable undertakings from Shepherd Offshore Limited, a company connected with William Frederick Shepherd and Bruce Stewart Shepherd, and Timothy Revill, the independent non-executive director of Newcastle United, to accept the Offer in respect of a total of 37,288,959 Newcastle United shares representing, in aggregate, approximately 28.0 per cent. of the existing issued share capital of Newcastle United. These undertakings will cease to be binding only if the Offer lapses or is withdrawn and will remain binding in the event that a higher competing offer for Newcastle United is made.
Edited by Isegrim

So at least now we know that he is the majority shareholder, and that after all is the main part of the battle in getting Shepherd out. Even if he doesn't get 75% (which in fairness I'm still confident he'll get, and with what Wolfgang is saying looks increasingly likely) then now we know that the revolution has officially begun. :icon_lol:

People still get confused about Ashley's percentage and the sale of Shepherds shares not being sold yet. That doesn't really matter as there is already a binding agreement.

From the stockmarket announcement:

SJHL has received irrevocable undertakings from Shepherd Offshore Limited, a company connected with William Frederick Shepherd and Bruce Stewart Shepherd, and Timothy Revill, the independent non-executive director of Newcastle United, to accept the Offer in respect of a total of 37,288,959 Newcastle United shares representing, in aggregate, approximately 28.0 per cent. of the existing issued share capital of Newcastle United. These undertakings will cease to be binding only if the Offer lapses or is withdrawn and will remain binding in the event that a higher competing offer for Newcastle United is made.

So to dumb it down for folk like me who don't quite get it....... :D

Basically the shares have been sold but (for lack of a better word) the transaction hasn't officially gone through. That right?

Finance things go miles over my head. :lol:

and this too:

"Although St James Holdings Limited ("SJHL") has now acquired an interest in over 50% of the share capital of Newcastle United PLC, the Takeover Panel has confirmed that the Offer should not be declared unconditional as to acceptances until the requirements of Rule 10 of the Code, which sets out when the acceptance condition has been fulfilled, have been satisfied."

Does this mean they have reached the point where they can compulsory purchace the remainder ??