I want Joey to weigh in with goals: Big Sam

Scottish Mag

Sam Allardyce is looking to Joey Barton to bring his goals to Newcastle United.

Barton was expected at St James' Park today to complete his £5.5m move from Manchester City to United.

And, before flying to London to tie up the signing of Mark Viduka, the United boss told me: "With Joey coming in and Scott Parker going out to West Ham, I would say this is a piece of good business for us.

"Now we have Michael Owen, Mark Viduka and Oba Martins, who all score goals, and Joey usually chips in with seven or eight a season from midfield, so we will really be expecting to improve our goals tally next season."

From a numerical point of view, Barton will be a straight replacement for Parker, who has gone back to London in a £7m deal to join his former Charlton boss Alan Curbishley at Upton Park.

Earlier United had lost out on Steve Sidwell after the-then Reading midfielder had twice made hush-hush trips to Tyneside and actually twice sat in Glenn Roeder's office at the training ground.

Sidwell shook hands on a move to United but obviously felt that Roeder's departure gave him a get- out and he has joined Chelsea.

Meanwhile, the appearance of Sam Allardyce at Wales game with the Czech Republic at Cardiff at the weekend has thrown up a couple of possibilities.

The United boss had a close look at Paris St Germain's Czech defender David Rozenhal, but there is a lot of talk in Cardiff that Welsh international midfielder Jason Koumas could also be a target.

Former United striker Malcolm Allen, who is now a leading commentator for the BBC in Wales, believes that Koumas is good enough to come to St James' Park from West Brom.

But I get the impression that Big Sam is concentrating on improving United's much-maligned defence.

Next season's Premiership fixtures will be released a week today, and The Chronicle will be the first newspaper to carry United's games for 2007-8.

anal back from holiday then? i recognise that prose anywhere

No mention in the on-line snippets I have just read about the official news of the takeover from anal today.

He must be absolutely gutted that his personal puppet master has left him out of all this while he was on his jollies :D

"Now we have Shola Ameobi, Michael Owen, Mark Viduka and Oba Martins, who all score goals, and Joey usually chips in with seven or eight a season from midfield, so we will really be expecting to improve our goals tally next season."

Surely that's what he meant?

"Now we have Shola Ameobi, Michael Owen, Mark Viduka and Oba Martins, who all score goals, and Joey usually chips in with seven or eight a season from midfield, so we will really be expecting to improve our goals tally next season."

Good point. I bet that went down like a shit sarnie with Shola. :D

could be hinting at something there

That's what I thought. Bye bye Donkey?

be weird if he did go, but he is not going to get in the team with those three already

Edited by 2bias

That's what I thought. Bye bye Donkey?

be weird if he did go, but he is not going to get in the team wiv those three already

I.P Ban.

Now.

could be hinting at something there

Gemmill has tried a shit sarnie?