Freddy Shepherd Statement

Craig

0,,10278~2805692,00.jpg

Following the announcement that Newcastle United and St James Holdings Limited have agreed the terms of a recommended cash offer by SJHL, Chairman Freddy Shepherd has said the following:

"As Chairman of Newcastle United I have always tried to act in the very best interests of this great football club, and stressed that should the right person emerge to lead the club forward into the future, then I would support them fully.

"I believe Mike Ashley and SJHL, along with new manager Sam Allardyce can deliver a vibrant new era at Newcastle United and I sincerely hope that together we can all enjoy successful times.

"It was always very important to me that this whole matter was handled amicably and swiftly for the sake of everyone connected with the football club."

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1033894,00.html

Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

doesn't look as though he is going anywhere though

Not yet anyway.

Not yet anyway.

one paper reckons he is staying on as chairman

Not yet anyway.

Just one ? I thought it was common knowledge.

Not yet anyway.

Just one ? I thought it was common knowledge.

well whatever hopefully it wont happen,

To be fair to fatty, he's not put a foot wrong there.

Tbh there's probably not a lot he can do but be graceful in defeat and be glad he's still go his snout in the trough, if not all four feet anymore.

It was always very important to me that this whole matter was handled amicably and swiftly for the sake of everyone connected with the football club

Slightly at odds with his initial "If Mike Ashley thinks he can blah blah blah" comment. :D

Still though, at this stage I couldn't give a fuck. My hatred for Shepherd has been replaced by goodwill towards him for selling with minimum fuss.

It was always very important to me that this whole matter was handled amicably and swiftly for the sake of everyone connected with the football club

Slightly at odds with his initial "If Mike Ashley thinks he can blah blah blah" comment. :D

Still though, at this stage I couldn't give a fuck. My hatred for Shepherd has been replaced by goodwill towards him for selling with minimum fuss.

Same here. I think i'm more relieved than anything that he hasn't put up a fight and dragged the club down. He knew his time was up and he knew he was going to make a tidy sum from selling up so it's pretty safe to assume that's what swayed him and not his love for the club.

i doubt ashley will care too much about expanding the stadium. shepherd will go up in my estimation if he persuades the new man to plough some of his millions into further improving the club's infrastructure

Three Beers for T-Keith

maybe so.

FYP

FYP?

Fixed Your Post

Same here. I think i'm more relieved than anything that he hasn't put up a fight

Not put up a fight?

bloody hell those life support machines make some noise when a 35stone whales thrashing about, it took a good 5 minutes of gripping the tube before he started to turn blue and finally put pen to paper.

I agree. It's probably not the worst thing for him to stay on for a bit either, to aid the transition. I doubt he will remain as chairman for a long time.