Liverpool's Bellamy wants Newcastle return

khay

I'd have him back btw. Better than Martins. I'd also give Viduka the number 9 - take it off Captain Control.

Close call but I'd take Martins, rather than Bellamy.

Martins can score all types of goals which, at the end of the day, is what a striker is for. Bellamy, who has better control and probably a better football brain, doesn't score the same assortment of goals that Martins does imo. Therefore, Martins can work on the other parts of his game whilst still scoring the different type of goals whereas Bellamy can never learn to score the type of goals Martins does already.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have him back btw. Better than Martins. I'd also give Viduka the number 9 - take it off Captain Control.

Close call but I'd take Martins, rather than Bellamy.

Martins can score all types of goals which, at the end of the day, is what a striker is for. Bellamy, who has better control and probably a better football brain, doesn't score the same assortment of goals that Martins does imo. Therefore, Martins can work on the other parts of his game whilst still scoring the different type of goals whereas Bellamy can never learn to score the type of goals Martins does already.

I agree. Also, Martins is still only 21 (allegedly), whereas Bellamy is how old, 28? Martins must work on a lot of aspects of his game though.

Edited by Bombadil

If Liverpool do want £12million for Bellamy I'd pay it if we got the reported £13-15million that has been mentioned for Martins. I'm sceptical about the latter being true though.

I'd agree with this. As long as Bellamy is the same price, or cheaper than anything we make on Martins whether it be £8m or £12m, I'd sign him.

Bellamy is part of our past and that's the way it should be. I don't think he's anywhere near the player he was when he was playing here alongside Shearer.

He got his 'dream move' last summer and he couldn't even get that right - if he'd kept his mouth shut, he'd be staying where he was.

Bellamy is part of our past and that's the way it should be. I don't think he's anywhere near the player he was when he was playing here alongside Shearer.

He got his 'dream move' last summer and he couldn't even get that right - if he'd kept his mouth shut, he'd be staying where he was.

Spot on.

I agree. Also, Martins is still only 21 (allegedly), whereas Bellamy is how old, 28? Martins must work on a lot of aspects of his game though.

he is 21. be a big mistake if bellamy comes back

Guest stevieintoon

I don't think he's anywhere near the player he was when he was playing here alongside Shearer.

Pish, utter pish even.

he is 21. be a big mistake if bellamy comes back

He is 22 [/pedant] ;)

I don't think he's anywhere near the player he was when he was playing here alongside Shearer.

Pish, utter pish even.

He's older, he's slower and despite all that's gone before him, he still doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

Consensus amongst Liverpool fans is they want rid of him too.

Guest stevieintoon

Pish, utter pish even.

He's older, he's slower and despite all that's gone before him, he still doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

He ended the best season of his career just 12 months ago, and lets be honest he's had some great games for the dippers, and at one stage was part of the first choice front two. He couldn't handle the squad rotation stuff though, but to say he's not the same player is ridiculous. If anything he's better now than he was say in 2003 and 2004. Some of his finishing in recent years has been absolute top draw, so many examples at Blackburn, his hattrick at Dundee United, and that astonishing volley against Aberdeen, I want Bellamy back here more than anything.

Pish, utter pish even.

He ended the best season of his career just 12 months ago, and lets be honest he's had some great games for the dippers, and at one stage was part of the first choice front two. He couldn't handle the squad rotation stuff though, but to say he's not the same player is ridiculous. If anything he's better now than he was say in 2003 and 2004. Some of his finishing in recent years has been absolute top draw, so many examples at Blackburn, his hattrick at Dundee United, and that astonishing volley against Aberdeen, I want Bellamy back here more than anything.

He knew the squad rotation was going to be in place so to say he couldn't handle it shows a display of narrow-mindedness on his part.

He's had some decent games this season but I think he's part of a better squad that he was here. Difference is he was a key player here, there he was a small fish and therefore blended in. He's not worth us throwing £9m at IMO.

Let me remind u, Liverpool fans want rid of him - if he's 'all that', surely they'd be wanting to keep ahold of him!

Guest stevieintoon

Pish, utter pish even.

He knew the squad rotation was going to be in place so to say he couldn't handle it shows a display of narrow-mindedness on his part.

He's had some decent games this season but I think he's part of a better squad that he was here. Difference is he was a key player here, there he was a small fish and therefore blended in. He's not worth us throwing £9m at IMO.

Let me remind u, Liverpool fans want rid of him - if he's 'all that', surely they'd be wanting to keep ahold of him!

The murderers wanted rid of Houllier too, who's been brilliant for Lyon, so I wouldn't pay any attention to that. His heart is with the toon the same as Owen's is with Liverpool. As for this yard of pace he's lost - nah. Watch his goal at Fratton Park last season, and get back to me, running WITH the ball I may add.

Pish, utter pish even.

The murderers wanted rid of Houllier too, who's been brilliant for Lyon, so I wouldn't pay any attention to that. His heart is with the toon the same as Owen's is with Liverpool. As for this yard of pace he's lost - nah. Watch his goal at Fratton Park last season, and get back to me, running WITH the ball I may add.

All things considered probably not wise to take him back although I realise he still has many supporters here.

Surely if 'Pool are so keen to get rid, then why offer them market value for him? If they really want Owen, then they can get him for a snip because of the release clause however, we shouldnt have to pay top money for Bellamy when he's surplus to requirements. If anything they'll want rid to free up funds for other signings and wages.

Guest stevieintoon

We'd be mad to let someone go for 4.5 million and then buy him again for twice the price two years down the line.

The market moves quickly in football Jonny, and prices are going up all of the time, I think the true value of Bellamy is at least equal to that of Owen.

Look at Shearer we had him, stuck him in goal at a trial then had to break the world transfer record for him 10 years later.

Guest stevieintoon

I don't want Bellamy for the same reason I don't want Barton, they're both pricks.

We'd barely sign anyone though if the criteria was "NO PRICKS ALLOWED".