Ex-Toon Striker Delays Decision On Future

Craig

FORMER Magpie loan striker Giuseppe Rossi will wait until after the Under-21 European Championships before a decision is taken regarding his future, according to his agent.

The 20-year-old was instrumental in helping save Parma from relegation to Serie B this season, scoring nine times in 19 starts following a January loan switch to the Gialloblu.

And recent reports have linked the Man Utd forward with another loan move next season, with both Juventus and Porto tracking the talented youngster.

But Rossi's agent, Federico Pastorello, says that his client will wait until after this summer's Under-21 Championships before entering discussions about next season.

Pastorello said: "Giuseppe will go and play in Holland and we will than assess things when he returns."

Pastorello did deny having any talks with Porto and any other club about Rossi.

"Obviously I have read such things in the newspapers, but we have not talked with Porto or any club.

"We are not thinking about that at the moment, Giuseppe did very well with Parma and he is now going to play for Italy.

"Things will be discussed at United in July."

And Rossi, who scored one goal during a four-month loan spell at St.James' last season, said: "I want to do well and then later go and speak with Sir Alex Ferguson and to know what he intends to do with me.

"Then I will make a decision. I want club I will play with regularly."

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1034232,00.html

And people pay subscriptions to read this rubbish?? There's absolutely no linking him back to us so why the hell does this get pride of place on the official club site? Ex-players are the last thing people will be wanting to learn about during a summer period.

I see it getting a little line on the front page if that's what you mean, I think they also gave you this information for free as well so to answer your question would be no. :D

rossi has always been a talented player and whilst he hasn't single handedly got parma out of the shit, he was one of their better players.

i really don't think he suits the premiership, becuase he's too slight.

i like him i remember seeing him in those very few appearances at man united before he came to newcastle briefly. shame he didnt stay with us

I see it getting a little line on the front page if that's what you mean, I think they also gave you this information for free as well so to answer your question would be no. ;)

Whether this particular information is free or not is besides my point. It's the official website which people subscribe to. All the information within it should be relevant to the current situation, not talking about someone who has nothing to do with the club at all.

BTW Gemmill, have you signed up for the text alerts again this summer? :D