The "What are you eating" thread

newcastlebroon

just can't be explained really,

it's like going into a Chinese for a half and half (not sure if thats purely an irish thing, carton with half chips half fried rice then curry/gravy over it)

any other place in the world ya tried that they'd look at you as if you'd two heads.

i thought it was normal for people to get curry on a chinese?

just can't be explained really,

it's like going into a Chinese for a half and half (not sure if thats purely an irish thing, carton with half chips half fried rice then curry/gravy over it)

any other place in the world ya tried that they'd look at you as if you'd two heads.

Fair dos when your out on the lash and just want some face fodder, but when I go to pick up a meal from my local Chinese, every time there's someone, sober as a judge, who gets a main , rice and curry sauce.

Each to their own I suppose, but Chinese curry sauce is fucking rank- in every aspect it's like Indian Baby Shite. ;):wank:

Is/was that Red Snapper?

Aye it was, we've got a commercial fishmongers just round the corner which only opens until lunchtime. Our lass was off today so she popped round this morning. Supplies all the restaurants round here.

I've got tons of baby leaf spinach in, for reasons too complicated to go into here. :wank: Anyone got any good recipe ideas? I'll do a sag aloo-type curry with it if nowt else, but something a bit more adventurous would be canny too.

I've got tons of baby leaf spinach in, for reasons too complicated to go into here. :wank: Anyone got any good recipe ideas? I'll do a sag aloo-type curry with it if nowt else, but something a bit more adventurous would be canny too.

definitely something with prawns

flaky-cod-438px.jpg

The classic pairing of prime fish fillet with a delicious full-bodied Mornay sauce made with cream, cheddar cheese, gruyere cheese and Dijon mustard. Counting as one of your five a day, a medley of crisp vegetables completes this beautifully balanced dish, which is free from colours and flavours.

Full Range

http://www.findusfreshertaste.co.uk/the-fresher-taste-range

Deeeelicious with a couple of wholemeal crusts on plate wiping duty.

Each to their own. Had these two beauties with mash and green beans. Fucking lush.

dinnerx.jpg

You get them out the bins or something?

Cos either you cooked them like that, or you ate them out of the baking tray.

Either way, you're a tramp.

Ive always maintained eating a nice breakfast and then whatever you want for tea and dinner whilst snacking on fruit during the day and doing regular exercise (3/4 times a week), then you'll never be far off what you want to achieve.

Snacking is the problem.

I've never been on a specific diet before and would hate to give up nice meals for it.

Can't recommend highly enough, mashed bananas on toast for breakfast.

I like the idea of that because I love bananas, but the minute they're mashed they just become horrible. :wank:

Never really been bothered by 'nice' breakfasts, I don't mind a bacon sandwich but I'm not a fan of fry ups etc. Rather have something fairly straightforward like toast or cereal just to get some food in me.

I basically try and do what Holden says above though I don't really eat 'whatever I want' as I do try and think of healthy options that wouldn't necessarily be my first choice. Definitely agree about snacking though, getting into the habit of having fruit as a snack instead of biscuits, crisps & cake has done me a lot of good.

In three hours time I will be having a full monty Christmas dinner , four courser with all the trimmings, and wearing a hat and exchanging presents and drinking Cava, playing on the Kinect and marmalising the Karaoke machine. ;) I love my two Christmas days thanks to foreigners who choose to live in the Hebrides :wank: