Toon boss likes game of Ludo!

Scottish Mag

Newcastle are on the trail of French flier Ludovic Giuly. The Barcelona forward is resigned to leaving the Nou Camp, and is on Sam Allardyce's radar as he continues his rebuilding work at United.

Giuly, 30, is a target for Marseille, Monaco, Fiorentina and Juventus, but his commercial representative, Sebastien Riera, told the Sunday Sun: "Ludo is aware of Newcastle's interest."

Bolton's El-Hadji Diouf is a possible alternative target to Giuly for the role of right-sided attacker in Allardyce's favoured 4-3-3 formation.

But with sources suggesting Diouf may be out of contract next summer, Allardyce may prefer to wait until January to make a cut-price - and hugely controversial - raid on his old club.

Allardyce last night admitted he would be helpless to prevent Michael Owen from leaving United if another club triggers the release clause in the England striker's contract.

"There's nothing I can do about it," said Big Sam. "We are benefiting from a release clause to get Joey Barton, but could suffer because of Michael's."

But with the Premiership's top clubs likely to want further proof of his fitness, Owen may stay put at Newcastle until at least January, when his release fee - which drops by 25 per cent a year - would stand below £9 million.

Marseille right-back Habib Beye has also entered Allardyce's thinking as he looks to bolster a defence set to be strengthened by the signings of centre-backs Ben Tal Haim and David Rohzenhal this week.

Meanwhile, Joey Barton's pay-off wrangle with Manchester City "won't stand in the way of him joining Newcastle", according to his agent, Willie McKay.

That's the first time someone at the club has officially and explicitly confirmed Owen's release clause, isn't it? If his release fee really does drop by 25 per cent a year, we should consider selling him. He's not going to sign a new contract anyway.

What sort of fucking moronic cretin pays £17 million for a player and then slaps a release clause which could eventually see him leaving for half of that?

Oh.

Lets be honest its obvious that Owen wants away he hasnt came out and said so for the following

1. If he says he wants away and a so called big club doesnt come in for him he'll look a right twat.

2. If he commits to the club it will put off potential suitors.

I think big Sam has been shrewd in making this public, i suspect he knows Owen wants away and would like it sorted sooner rather than some club activating his clause at the end of the transfer window, which could easily happen and leave us no time to get a SUITABLE replacement, either way we all know its going to happen at some point, i say instigate a move now and get rid of the money grabbing shit, otherwise we will end up going into the season with 3 strikers or he'll f...k off in January. I like the idea of the Bellamy swap, yes hes a twat, but always gave 100% and we were better with him. Owen is going to shit on us make no mistake and i think Sam knows it.

What sort of fucking moronic cretin pays £17 million for a player and then slaps a release clause which could eventually see him leaving for half of that?

Oh.

Lets be honest its obvious that Owen wants away he hasnt came out and said so for the following

1. If he says he wants away and a so called big club doesnt come in for him he'll look a right twat.

2. If he commits to the club it will put off potential suitors.

I think big Sam has been shrewd in making this public, i suspect he knows Owen wants away and would like it sorted sooner rather than some club activating his clause at the end of the transfer window, which could easily happen and leave us no time to get a SUITABLE replacement, either way we all know its going to happen at some point, i say instigate a move now and get rid of the money grabbing shit, otherwise we will end up going into the season with 3 strikers or he'll f...k off in January. I like the idea of the Bellamy swap, yes hes a twat, but always gave 100% and we were better with him. Owen is going to shit on us make no mistake and i think Sam knows it.

Can we get someone to nail the little f*cker when he plays against us?

Guest stevieintoon

I like Craig Bellamy, fair enough winding the toon fans up at Anfield was out of order, but the unwarranted abuse he gets off us is a disgrace.

Those of us who were at Blackburn will remember the reception we gave Bellamy. It was a disgrace. We sided with Souness. He called Souness a liar, that was his crime, and I don't think for one minute that he's anything but a spin doctor and a liar. SBR is on record as saying Bellamy could be hard work at times, but was managable and a good professional. So if an old man could get on with him, why couldn't a 52 year old Scotsman? It was all Souness the twat. Yous should've heard him on Radio Five before "I was only given enough money to tart up the team, the squad wasn't good enough." The same team that had finsihed 3rd, 4th and 5th, he's an arsehole and always will be.

Maybe I'm deluded by I've always believed that Craig Bellamy's heart is at Newcastle, his contribution during his four years here, was fantastic in my view, when he came his pace changed the entire dynamic of our play.

When he signed for Celtic, at the press conference all he talked about was his love of the toon. Normally when people sign for Celtic they're doctored to say what a massive club Celtic are, how they make Real Madrid look like Alloa, but not Bellamy's, all he spoke about was the magnificent support we had, and how he was so sad to be leaving, and how it would hurt him to play against us. He could've been bitter, but he wasn't, and to be fair he's never slagged the fans off since he left, and if he said to Boumsong we were turning in to a shite club, he was right, because that's what we've been since Robson went.

Fantastic news, get that dipper back to Anfield where he can be as injured as he wants, somewhere he deserves to be, somewhere where he's wanted and where he wants to be, and get the proper lad who wants to be here in.

His release fee - which drops by 25 per cent a year

;) Fucking hell. Worst bit of contract negotiating in the world. Ever. What sort of cretinous, sweaty oaf allows a clause like that?

I'd be proper pissed off about this if a billionaire and super-organised manager hadn't taken over to soften the blow.

;) Fucking hell. Worst bit of contract negotiating in the world. Ever. What sort of cretinous, sweaty oaf allows a clause like that?

I'd be proper pissed off about this if a billionaire and super-organised manager hadn't taken over to soften the blow.

It is an absolutely ludicrous deal that Fat Fred negotiated, just totally unacceptable and the kind of thing we will be seeing the end of.

Guest stevieintoon

I remember when we sold Duncan Ferguson, Alan Oliver described big Dunc as the biggest financial disaster and most disappointing purchase in the clubs history. I think Marcelino and Luque, certainly challenge that tag, but without doubt in my mind, Michael Owen's purchase, when you consider the transfer fee the wages, and what we have got for that, I think it's the most catastrophic signing we've ever made, especially when the little twat wants away now he's fit. I don't like him, and he can fuck off, I said before we signed Owen, Bellamy was a better player when fully fit, I still think that and I look forward to the day I see Owen in a red shirt again.

With hindsight, of course it was a bad deal...but I imagine it was only there to swing the transfer. In other words, I don't think it would have been put in unless Owen had insisted on it...Freddie took a chance and it back fired.

The amount of time Owen has spent injured is way beyond what anyone could have expected and as such makes the clause seem insane...had he been banging them in for two years, we would at least be higher up the table. I don't know if failing to qualify for Europe had any bearing on triggering those clauses, but again, you would have thought that signing Owen would have been a good bet for that not to happen.

I probably want him to stay just slightly more than I want him to go elsewhere and get another long injury. ;)

With hindsight, of course it was a bad deal...but I imagine it was only there to swing the transfer. In other words, I don't think it would have been put in unless Owen had insisted on it...Freddie took a chance and it back fired.

The amount of time Owen has spent injured is way beyond what anyone could have expected and as such makes the clause seem insane...had he been banging them in for two years, we would at least be higher up the table. I don't know if failing to qualify for Europe had any bearing on triggering those clauses, but again, you would have thought that signing Owen would have been a good bet for that not to happen.

I probably want him to stay just slightly more than I want him to go elsewhere and get another long injury. ;)

Yeah would be great if he was banging them in then we had to sell him for £9m, I would feel much better :razz:

I don't think anyone big enough for owen to leave us for them is going to take a chance on injury prone michael owen who's scored once since his return after a full season out, I think he'll be with us until january at least

If Owen does decide to leave, he'll be in for a shock I reckon. It'll more likely be the likes of West Ham, Aston Villa & Spurs who bid for him, not Arsenal, Man Utd & Liverpool.

hmm i'm not sure about that one tbh

don't think a big 4 club would take him. reason for that is he is only interested in playing for his country. he's done sickys at liverpool before and with us the end of the season last season he looked like he was still some way away from being sharp, and used the games for match fitness for the friendly and t'other game.....

someone needs to get a statement out of him about his loyalty to the club.

ALLARDYCE LIKES LOOK OF LUDO

11/06/2007

SAM ALLARDYCE is lining up a swoop for Barcelona's Ludovic Giuly.

The Newcastle manager believes he can land the former France international for £1.5million.

The 30-year-old attacking midfielder is expected to leave the Nou Camp at the end of the season after being told he does not figure in the club's long-term plans.

A number of French clubs are interested in Giuly but Newcastle could outbid them and offer more lucrative personal terms.

He has one season left on his current deal and his agent, Sebastien Riera, said: "Ludo is aware of Newcastle's interest but no decisions have been made yet."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-19277659/

Guest stevieintoon

For £1.5million we won't be the only club after a player of Giuly's calibre.

Maybe but he's too old for Wenger, he likes them young, I don't think Fergie or Rafa would be interested, however I don't think Jose would dismiss him as a potential signing as easy as the other two. After all he's proven world class, and 30 - Sheva/Ballack, and the way Chelsea play often with the 4 3 3 he would suit the system.

As long as they aren't involved we'd have a good chance, he'd likely choose us over Spurs, Everton? Villa? nah, and he's said in the past he wants to play in this league.

For £1.5million we won't be the only club after a player of Giuly's calibre.

Maybe but he's too old for Wenger, he likes them young, I don't think Fergie or Rafa would be interested, however I don't think Jose would dismiss him as a potential signing as easy as the other two. After all he's proven world class, and 30 - Sheva/Ballack, and the way Chelsea play often with the 4 3 3 he would suit the system.

As long as they aren't involved we'd have a good chance, he'd likely choose us over Spurs, Everton? Villa? nah, and he's said in the past he wants to play in this league.

Sounds libellous to me ;)