Owens Newcastle Future

highpants

I think after big Sam has come out and said what he has in the papers its pretty obvious the little shit has no intention of staying here IF a top four club come in for him, if not he'll take our money, thank you very much. Lets hope we get rid ASAP, otherwise he'll shit on us when we havnt time to get a replacement.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really starting to despise the mercenary little scumbag, if he was commited to us he'd say so, he obviously doesn't want to be here but was happy to take the money and the treatment without being bothered about giving any payback. Unloyal, ungrateful shit, if he goes I hope he breaks both his cruciates in a freak training ground accident at whichever club he goes to.

I'm sure he'd go if the 'right' offer came in, but having said that, if it didn't and he stayed I'm sure he'd continue to use his best endeavours when turning out for us. He's the consumate professional in that sense tbh.

I think after big Sam has come out and said what he has in the papers its pretty obvious the little shit has no intention of staying here IF a top four club come in for him, if not he'll take our money, thank you very much. Lets hope we get rid ASAP, otherwise he'll shit on us when we havnt time to get a replacement.

Have a look on the other Toon Forums, the vast majority want Owen to go NOW. We only want commited players, btw he can take Dyer with him.

Have a look on the other Toon Forums, the vast majority want Owen to go NOW. We only want commited players, btw he can take Dyer with him.

Are you arguing with yourself?

PS.....two years on and it still doesnt feel as though he's actually a Newcastle player.

Exactly and he'd probably say the same thing.

As Manc Mag says, once he's on the pitch he is 100% committed, we can't fault him on that count.

However we do need the situation sorted out sooner rather than later because we can't go into the new season with the uncertainty as to whether out best player is still going to be here hanging over us.

I can't help but think that Owen will have serous thoughts about deserting after we paid 17 million for him and the return has been about 14 games. I think he will understand how his leaving under the so-called clause would cause some severe damage as to how people would assess and look at him, and I don't only mean Newcastle supporters. If pride plays a part, and his not wanting people to think he is a dis-loyal, money-hungry, glory hunting prima donna, then he might just stay.

I think he'll be with us until at least january simply because non of the clubs he would want to leaveus for would be willing to pay 9 million on him with his recent injury problems and the fact he's scored once in, what, 6 matches? since his return

liverpool especially want/need proven goalscoreres in the premiership to step up their title challenge and I just can't see them taking the risk even with the new money going into the club

Whilst some are starting to turn against him and get pissed off with the whole scenario you can bet if he wasn't English he would be getting far more abuse than he actually is.

I feel the oposite, the fact he is seen as "Englands" Michael Owen pisses me off even more.

If he wasn't English, he would have been literally chased out of town by now. He's given us nothing on the pitch, but I'd hold onto him because he's bound to be an important factor when it comes to attracting other players (including his replacement). Most players would want to play in a team with Owen.

If he stays for a "token effort" as he feels he owes us or something like that, tbh I wish he'd just be honest and leave now.

I know its an old cliche which sometimes is full of shit but I do feel its a case of "we only want players who actually want to play for us".

I was very cynical about how he only just dipped his toe in the water at the end of the season before last so that he was fresh for the world cup - again being honest a "that serves you right" thought did enter my mind when he was injured know matter how much it may have cost us. I think it was that that really pissed me off especially with all the emphasis of when he'd be back for England and not for us.

I agree with the comments that if he's "forced" to stay we'd get 100% on the pitch but when he does leave I'll still have a bitter taste in my mouth.

I don't give a flying fuck if playing for Newcastle is the last thing he wants to do as long as he's scoring goals. Yes it would be nice to have a player who really wants to play for the club but in this day and age they are few and far between.

Edited by ewerk

If he gets a good, injury-free run next season and starts banging in goals left right and centre, you lot who are saying 'get rid' will soon change your tune.

Put yourself in his shoes for a second and in particular, remove your black and white specs for a second. 2 years ago, he signed for a club persuaded primarily by Shearer & Souness. 6 months later whilst out with a long term injury, the manager who signed him was sacked and a couple of months later, Shearer moved on to. He's just come back from injury to find the replacement manager has since also left.

It's no wonder he's not been sure and remember, this was all pre-Ashley.

If he gets a good, injury-free run next season and starts banging in goals left right and centre, you lot who are saying 'get rid' will soon change your tune.

Put yourself in his shoes for a second and in particular, remove your black and white specs for a second. 2 years ago, he signed for a club persuaded primarily by Shearer & Souness. 6 months later whilst out with a long term injury, the manager who signed him was sacked and a couple of months later, Shearer moved on to. He's just come back from injury to find the replacement manager has since also left.

It's no wonder he's not been sure and remember, this was all pre-Ashley.

Quoted for truth. I agree with Manc mags comments also.

You can't blame him. If I was him and this was my career, I'd think twice about playing for us too. Especially if I got 'head hunted' by a bigger, better firm. Especially if that firm was one of the best of it's kind.

As has been mentioned, we've had two managers since he's joined and we've deteriorated even further in that time. He now has a third manager and the company is going through a takeover. Does he stay and take a chance? or, if given the opportunity, does he move to one of the companies who are more successful, not in a state of flux and who's market forecasts predict further growth.

I want him to stay and I believe he'd be instrumental in our season; but I wouldn't blame him if he went.

We've heard nowt from him concerning his future. For all we know all this talk of him leaving is just bullshit started by Man U/Liverpool to provoke exactly this reaction (which I think is way over the top) from the fans to piss him off so he leaves.

Michael Owen is a world class goalscorer on our books. If we can keep him and get him doing what he does best, then we should be doing everything we can to make this happen.

We've heard nowt from him concerning his future. For all we know all this talk of him leaving is just bullshit started by Man U/Liverpool to provoke exactly this reaction (which I think is way over the top) from the fans to piss him off so he leaves.

Michael Owen is a world class goalscorer on our books. If we can keep him and get him doing what he does best, then we should be doing everything we can to make this happen.

Hear, hear.

We've heard nowt from him concerning his future.

And therin lies the problem - he's had plenty time and opportunities to say yay or nay but imo is biding his time waiting to see if anyone comes calling.

I'm sick of this "we should be grateful such a god should even contemplate playing for us" attitude some seem to have. We pay him more than £100k a week (insurance ot not) and have spent a fortune in medical bills so lets cut the "poor little messed about Michael" shit for starters.

On a career basis Shepherd was right - none of the "worthy" clubs look like they want him (for now) - people like to think that the £17m bid blew Liverpool out of the water angle is correct but I'd put it down to him realising that Benitez didn't want him and we did.

I'd love him to stay because even a sad old bastard like me is starting to feel positive but I'm certainly not going to do a Wayne's world type worship of him.

then we should be doing everything we can to make this happen.

What like asking him to clarify his position and the new manager going out of his way to sell his vision for the future to him?

Is that not enough?

And therin lies the problem - he's had plenty time and opportunities to say yay or nay but imo is biding his time waiting to see if anyone comes calling.

Why does he have to justify if he's staying or going? He's contracted to play for us. No-one has made an offer for him yet. Do you want a statement from Given promising he's not going to fuck off? Or from Solano? Or from Butt?

I'm sick of this "we should be grateful such a god should even contemplate playing for us" attitude some seem to have. We pay him more than £100k a week (insurance ot not) and have spent a fortune in medical bills so lets cut the "poor little messed about Michael" shit for starters.

And I'm fed up of this 'fuck off, we don't need you because you're not constantly banging on about how much you love it up here' attitude. He has done nothing wrong IMO in his time at the club, save having absolutley god awful luck with injuries.

Fans demanding reassurance from Owen when he really doesn't need to give it remind me of an ultra needy girlfriend who requires you to constantly tell them that you love them and that you're not going to leave them. I've had a girlfriend like that, and do you know what happened? Her insecurity drove me up the wall so I told her to piss off. The same thing will happen to us with Owen if you lot don't shut up.

Why does he have to justify if he's staying or going? He's contracted to play for us. No-one has made an offer for him yet. Do you want a statement from Given promising he's not going to fuck off? Or from Solano? Or from Butt?

And I'm fed up of this 'fuck off, we don't need you because you're not constantly banging on about how much you love it up here' attitude. He has done nothing wrong IMO in his time at the club, save having absolutley god awful luck with injuries.

Fans demanding reassurance from Owen when he really doesn't need to give it remind me of an ultra needy girlfriend who requires you to constantly tell them that you love them and that you're not going to leave them. I've had a girlfriend like that, and do you know what happened? Her insecurity drove me up the wall so I told her to piss off. The same thing will happen to us with Owen if you lot don't shut up.

;)

Sorry Luke, I know what youre getting at there, but it's so comical that the point is all but lost.

I'm imagining Owen trying to link your arm and saying 'I love you' at the end of phonecalls when he knows you're in front of your mates now......