Owens Newcastle Future

highpants

We've heard nowt from him concerning his future.

And therin lies the problem - he's had plenty time and opportunities to say yay or nay but imo is biding his time waiting to see if anyone comes calling.

Why does he have to justify if he's staying or going? He's contracted to play for us. No-one has made an offer for him yet. Do you want a statement from Given promising he's not going to fuck off? Or from Solano? Or from Butt?

I'm sick of this "we should be grateful such a god should even contemplate playing for us" attitude some seem to have. We pay him more than £100k a week (insurance ot not) and have spent a fortune in medical bills so lets cut the "poor little messed about Michael" shit for starters.

And I'm fed up of this 'fuck off, we don't need you because you're not constantly banging on about how much you love it up here' attitude. He has done nothing wrong IMO in his time at the club, save having absolutley god awful luck with injuries.

Fans demanding reassurance from Owen when he really doesn't need to give it remind me of an ultra needy girlfriend who requires you to constantly tell them that you love them and that you're not going to leave them. I've had a girlfriend like that, and do you know what happened? Her insecurity drove me up the wall so I told her to piss off. The same thing will happen to us with Owen if you lot don't shut up.

;)

Sorry Luke, I know what youre getting at there, but it's so comical that the point is all but lost.

I'm imagining Owen trying to link your arm and saying 'I love you' at the end of phonecalls when he knows you're in front of your mates now......

Tbf seeing the overreaction of some fans is just as embarrassing. :razz:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What annoys me is that he has refused to talk about Newcastle during his press conferences yet quite happily talks about Liverpool or England.

I dont think Owen & Newcastle quite fit, i dont know why but it doesnt feel like he belongs here.

What annoys me is that he has refused to talk about Newcastle during his press conferences yet quite happily talks about Liverpool or England.

I dont think Owen & Newcastle quite fit, i dont know why but it doesnt feel like he belongs here.

Looks like Sam is bringing things to a head which is good.

That's because he is asked questions about Liverpool or England...

He's talked about England whilst on England duty. When has he talked about Liverpool other than when asked a direct question about them?

He's talked about England whilst on England duty. When has he talked about Liverpool other than when asked a direct question about them?

I think what he's getting at is how he banned all talk of us from the latest press conference while on England duty yet will happily talk about England during interviews about ourselves.

That's because he is asked questions about Liverpool or England...

Not seriously saying he couldn't talk about us if he wanted to. Questions are often negotioated before the cameras roll.

If he gets a good, injury-free run next season and starts banging in goals left right and centre, you lot who are saying 'get rid' will soon change your tune.

If he starts banging them in, he will be off toodle pipski come january once the fears of his injuries are allayed. The first half of the season for him will obviously be shop window time.

Remember he left liverpool to win things and since he left they have.... ;)

We've heard nowt from him concerning his future. For all we know all this talk of him leaving is just bullshit started by Man U/Liverpool to provoke exactly this reaction (which I think is way over the top) from the fans to piss him off so he leaves.

Michael Owen is a world class goalscorer on our books. If we can keep him and get him doing what he does best, then we should be doing everything we can to make this happen.

As well as the fact he hasn't reassured us he wants to stay, Allardyce has raised doubts about his future, suggesting he'd be interested in any moves for him.

While he looks to give 100% on the pitch, he's never appeared to me like he really wants to be here, except for in interviews where it appears like he could well have been forced.

A bit of commitment from Owen wouldnt go amiss in this situation, he knows the club is at last moving forward(we hope), he knows the commitment shown to get him here and the passion, look at the 20,000 that showed up for his signing, neewhere else in the world would he get that.

Why does he have to justify if he's staying or going? He's contracted to play for us. No-one has made an offer for him yet. Do you want a statement from Given promising he's not going to fuck off? Or from Solano? Or from Butt?

The situation with Owen and with those players is completely different. Firstly those players combined didn't cost 1/3 of what Owen cost us, they aren't picking up the same huge pay packet every week and most importantly they haven't got the same uncertainty hanging over them.

I think it's very clear from Shepherd's and Sam's comments that Owen clearly wants away from Newcastle and his lack of comments on the matter speaks volumes, it would be nice for him to let us know one way or another and to see some loyalty after the poor return we've had from him so far.

Why does he have to justify if he's staying or going?

Because He or his agent acting on his instructions leaked the story to the press about the release cause.

That is enough for me to seriously question his position.

Why do people have such a hard-on for wanting him to come out publically and state once and for all that he's staying??

He said a while back (couple of months) that he feels guilt towards the Newcastle fans and that he has to repay them. Surely that status hasn't changed??

He has a contract and until he states that he doesn't want to honour it any more, then he's still our player. He's not said that, nor has the club.

All that Allardyce has alluded to is what we all suspected anyway, that a clause does exist. He doesn't say that Owen has asked for it to be exercised, nor has he stated that anyone's shown an interest. What he has said is there is nothing he can do to prevent him moving on should the clause be exercised and that is simply the facts. He's also outted Fat Fred as a fucking liar seeing as he said no clause ever existed.

We all know the press fucking hated the fact that he came to us rather than Liverpool and they've been having a go at 'breaking us up' ever since.

Fuck's sake, it's like having a relationship with someone you don't trust - every time something is said to make you doubt your partner, you're asking for them to re-affirm their commitment. All you end up doing is pissing them off to the point that they leave anyway.

Michael Owen is our player - simple as.

Because it would end all the speculation Craig. At the moment he's hedging his bets by saying fuck all which suggests he fancies a move away. I can't blame him for that but while I would love him to stay (under certain conditions) I think the continuing speculation isn't doing the club much good which is my main concern.

Because it would end all the speculation Craig. At the moment he's hedging his bets by saying fuck all which suggests he fancies a move away. I can't blame him for that but while I would love him to stay (under certain conditions) I think the continuing speculation isn't doing the club much good which is my main concern.

Is he 'hedging his bets' or is he saying nothing simply because there's nothing to say?

The press are making a mountain out of a molehill IMO and they're playing with the fans securities by doing so.

Until he comes out and says he no longer wants to play for us and wants to move away, he's our player and will get my full support. A fully fit Michael Owen who is firing on all cylinders is one of the best striking assets this league has ever seen. People who are saying they want him to "fuck off" simply because he's not publically wanking over NUFC (which unlike Shearer, he has no emotional ties to), need to get a grip tbh.

I understand the concern you have with regards to the effect on the club, but that's the media for you and something that the club's press office should be dealing with.

Is he 'hedging his bets' or is he saying nothing simply because there's nothing to say?

If there's nothing to say then why would both the chairman and manager come out and comment on it? All Owen has to do is pick up the phone to any journalist in the country and say "I'm staying at Newcastle", his silence speaks volumes.

Guest Albuquerque

The press are making a mountain out of a molehill IMO and they're playing with the fans securities by doing so.

Until he comes out and says he no longer wants to play for us and wants to move away, he's our player and will get my full support. A fully fit Michael Owen who is firing on all cylinders is one of the best striking assets this league has ever seen. People who are saying they want him to "fuck off" simply because he's not publically wanking over NUFC (which unlike Shearer, he has no emotional ties to), need to get a grip tbh.

I understand the concern you have with regards to the effect on the club, but that's the media for you and something that the club's press office should be dealing with.

If none of the top four trigger the release clause in Owen's contract, then I suspect his stint here is going to drag on with a will he / won't he saga.

.com capped the situation off perfectly and stated that the new Ashley & Allardyce era deserves a clean slate. Everyone needs to pull in the same direction and if Owen is angling out for a move from here, then we should sell him - no question. If he wants to stay; smashing.

If there's nothing to say then why would both the chairman and manager come out and comment on it?

Because the press are continually pressing them for a comment. I doubt very much that Allardyce picked up a phone, called a journalist and told him that straight out. The question will have been put to him.

When was the last time Owen was interviewed and asked specifically about his position at NUFC?

If there's nothing to say then why would both the chairman and manager come out and comment on it?

Because the press are continually pressing them for a comment. I doubt very much that Allardyce picked up a phone, called a journalist and told him that straight out. The question will have been put to him.

When was the last time Owen was interviewed and asked specifically about his position at NUFC?

I'd be very surprised if the media didn't want to ask him about his future while on England duty, he had ample opportunity then to deny the stories but obviously warned them against questioning him on it.

I'd be very surprised if the media didn't want to ask him about his future while on England duty, he had ample opportunity then to deny the stories but obviously warned them against questioning him on it.

Exactly. It's unusual and a bit suspect when you ban all NUFC related questions.

Exactly. It's unusual and a bit suspect when you ban all NUFC related questions.

So you know for sure that he banned all questions about NUFC being asked?? Surely that would be a media story in itself. ;)

More likely that the national press are more interested in asking him about England while he's on duty for them. I don't remember them quizzing Lampard about his position at Chelsea which is equally in question - do you think he banned them too?

So you know for sure that he banned all questions about NUFC being asked?? Surely that would be a media story in itself. ;)

More likely that the national press are more interested in asking him about England while he's on duty for them. I don't remember them quizzing Lampard about his position at Chelsea which is equally in question - do you think he banned them too?

Ater his radio5 interview the interviewer said that they were told in advance no questions about NUFC