Rozehnal deal done?

Optimistic Nut

foxsports has the Henry deal on their site as well. Nothing too credible though.

They all refer to the France Football article, the Barcelona based Elmundo deportivo do the same.

It's wait and see at Jimbo's telly tbh...

Clearly a reliable source.

Agent slams Henry Barca reports

Thierry Henry's management group has rubbished reports from France that the Arsenal star has agreed a provisional three-year contract with Barcelona.

France Football magazine says Henry's agent met with Barca's sporting director Txiki Beguiristain last week.

But Jeff Weston, from the SEM Group which looks after Henry, told BBC Sport: "No such meeting took place. That is absolute rubbish.

"There's never been any question of him not being at Arsenal next season."

Henry, 29, signed a new four-year contract with the Gunners last year but appeared to cast doubt on his future last week when he said he was flattered by interest from AC Milan.

The European champions and Barcelona have both publically declared their interest in the player.

France Football claims Henry's agent Jerome Anderson has agreed a three-year deal, worth £6.78m (10m euros) a season, with Barcelona, with an option of a fourth year.

"It is all just media speculation, as it was last year, and the year before," Weston added of the latest reports.

Anderson is so furious with the report that he is "seeking legal advice against France Football".

I work with several Gooners and they are feeling very similar about Henry as we are about Owen.

If that's the truth Jimbo, then those fuckers don't deserve a player like Henry.

He cost Arsenal a pittance, has always performed for them, put his club first above all other and now after being their lone match winner since Viera and Berkamp have left (neither of which were really replaced) he is thinking about going somewhere else (and unlike Owen's his management has now fiercely denied) and they feel like we do with Owen - then fuck them I hope he waits a year and goes on a bosman.

I work with several Gooners and they are feeling very similar about Henry as we are about Owen.

If that's the truth Jimbo, then those fuckers don't deserve a player like Henry.

He cost Arsenal a pittance, has always performed for them, put his club first above all other and now after being their lone match winner since Viera and Berkamp have left (neither of which were really replaced) he is thinking about going somewhere else (and unlike Owen's his management has now fiercely denied) and they feel like we do with Owen - then fuck them I hope he waits a year and goes on a bosman.

I'd hardly call £10.5m a pittance.

10.5m is a fucking bargain considering he has been there since 1999. Can you tell me the last time we spent that sort of money on a player who has stayed at the club and performed consistany for 8 seasons? And Shearer doesn't count for many reasons and you know that.

10.5m is a fucking bargain considering he has been there since 1999. Can you tell me the last time we spent that sort of money on a player who has stayed at the club and performed consistany for 8 seasons? And Shearer doesn't count for many reasons and you know that.

I don't see why he doesn't. Regardless, he's the only one, so... ;)

Martin you trouble maker! The only reason I said Shearer doesn't/shouldn't count is because it's obvious that Shearer's motivation came from playing for his home town club. Henry doesn't have that emotional attachment to Arsenal. The closet player in attitude that I can think for Newcastle is Rob Lee possibly Nobby Solano.

Guest Patrokles

Martin you trouble maker! The only reason I said Shearer doesn't/shouldn't count is because it's obvious that Shearer's motivation came from playing for his home town club. Henry doesn't have that emotional attachment to Arsenal. The closet player in attitude that I can think for Newcastle is Rob Lee possibly Nobby Solano.

Poor argument, really, considering that Henry is just as likely to have formed an attachment to Arsenal as Lee and Solano to Newcastle.

Poor argument, really, considering that Henry is just as likely to have formed an attachment to Arsenal as Lee and Solano to Newcastle.

???

Indeed it was a bargain, but certainly not what I'd call a pittance. Anelka was signed by Wenger for a pittance, Henry cost a lot of money, that's all I'm saying.

Edited by ewerk