Baines deal almost complete

Guest stevieintoon

For the record, I'm not in the know, neither is NSG. Stevie came to me with information from a reputable source, and we put it on the website.

Personally, I couldnt care less if people don't beleive it, I would be skeptical the otherway around (depending on the person who was telling me it)

I think N-O have something similiar as in a ITK section, I'm not too sure, but this is what this. It's not something thats going to believed easily, if people don't know the source, but people who know stevie, will know he's got no reason to lie.

I hardly want hits on the website after 3 days, with barely no content, trying to actually LEARN how to make a website, have some time with wor lass, and work a full time job. It's not something I'm proud of yet. Needs time.

But alas, the nature of the internet is so that people can have a go.

Anyway fuck it,

Well said Rocker. The nature of life is a lot of people love seeing people who try to make a go of things fail. I honestly think they'll be disappointed on this occasion. We won't be a rival to TT, because you have a steady base of loyal friends who use this site, and that will remain the case. There is however a gap in the market for a site like ours, and we already have incl. the site we're merging with approaching 100 good lads, who are knowledgable about Newcastle to start us off, the likes of NE5. Through various connections we've contacted TBP in the toon, NE5 is a senior writer in The Mag which could give us even greater exposure, and as I've said on an even playing field, we've got an excellent chance. We've done a lot in three days, and if people haven't got anything nice to say, it says more about them after three short days than it does about us.

Regarding Baines, I KNOW this deal is more or less done, in 2 or 3 weeks time, I can genuinely say we had an exclusive after 2 days, do you know any other site that can claim that? We're going to try our best and that's all I can say really. I have never made up a story in the past, and to be fair I can see why people would claim I'm making this up, i.e exposure for our site, but genuinely this is not made up and has killed two birds with one stone. If I find out anything else which in fairness is far from guaranteed about other players, I'll put them on our board when the merger is complete, because it's pretty clear how welcome any information is on here.

Stevie mate:

In The Know: Rumour Review - 28th May

By Parky On Mon 28 May 2007 | (edit this)

Over the last week as Big Sam has swapped his mobile for a desk phone and as N.O. can reveal a longish conversation with Mr Ashley, the strained links of the two dozen or so players said to be targets is beginning to solidify. The white melting heat of the shock takeover and the raised hopes of the toon faithful is about to start seeing some product with regard to signatures which I hear will be coming thick and fast.

Perhaps even before Ben Haim, the Wigan left back Leighton Baines and a favourite of this writer will be signing for around £4-5m with added extras, it transpires that he was top of our aquisiton list all along ...

:lol:

You speculating or you have a source?

Pure speculationtasitc....based on a very unreliable source who lives in the South of France. :D

That is why I'm more inclined than other to belive your source. :icon_lol:

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevieintoon

For the record, I'm not in the know, neither is NSG. Stevie came to me with information from a reputable source, and we put it on the website.

Personally, I couldnt care less if people don't beleive it, I would be skeptical the otherway around (depending on the person who was telling me it)

I think N-O have something similiar as in a ITK section, I'm not too sure, but this is what this. It's not something thats going to believed easily, if people don't know the source, but people who know stevie, will know he's got no reason to lie.

I hardly want hits on the website after 3 days, with barely no content, trying to actually LEARN how to make a website, have some time with wor lass, and work a full time job. It's not something I'm proud of yet. Needs time.

Anyway fuck it,

Well said Rocker. The nature of life is a lot of people love seeing people who try to make a go of things fail. I honestly think they'll be disappointed on this occasion. We won't be a rival to TT, because you have a steady base of loyal friends who use this site, and that will remain the case. There is however a gap in the market for a site like ours, and we already have incl. the site we're merging with approaching 100 good lads, who are knowledgable about Newcastle to start us off, the likes of NE5. Through various connections we've contacted TBP in the toon, NE5 is a senior writer in The Mag which could give us even greater exposure, and as I've said on an even playing field, we've got an excellent chance. We've done a lot in three days, and if people haven't got anything nice to say, it says more about them after three short days than it does about us.

Regarding Baines, I KNOW this deal is more or less done, in 2 or 3 weeks time, I can genuinely say we had an exclusive after 2 days, do you know any other site that can claim that? We're going to try our best and that's all I can say really. I have never made up a story in the past, and to be fair I can see why people would claim I'm making this up, i.e exposure for our site, but genuinely this is not made up and has killed two birds with one stone. If I find out anything else which in fairness is far from guaranteed about other players, I'll put them on our board when the merger is complete, because it's pretty clear how welcome any information is on here.

Stevie mate:

Over the last week as Big Sam has swapped his mobile for a desk phone and as N.O. can reveal a longish conversation with Mr Ashley, the strained links of the two dozen or so players said to be targets is beginning to solidify. The white melting heat of the shock takeover and the raised hopes of the toon faithful is about to start seeing some product with regard to signatures which I hear will be coming thick and fast.

Perhaps even before Ben Haim, the Wigan left back Leighton Baines and a favourite of this writer will be signing for around £4-5m with added extras, it transpires that he was top of our aquisiton list all along ...

Pure speculationtasitc....based on a very unreliable source who lives in the South of France. :icon_lol:

That is why I'm more inclined than other to belive your source. :icon_lol:

Well I'm still claiming the exclusive, yours was like the bit in the news of the world, eight pages in from the back, where there's about 20 articles all no bigger than two paragrahs, 19 of which turn out to be absolute bollocks. :D

Anyway fuck it,

Stevie mate:

Pure speculationtasitc....based on a very unreliable source who lives in the South of France. :icon_lol:

That is why I'm more inclined than other to belive your source. :blush:

Well I'm still claiming the exclusive, yours was like the bit in the news of the world, eight pages in from the back, where there's about 20 articles all no bigger than two paragrahs, 19 of which turn out to be absolute bollocks. :D

How dare you!! :icon_lol:

well... this thread was fun, highlights include "have you any examples " "no" and steve's "Thanks to alex and Gemmil... proper north easterners" type comment..

what a schoolyard hissy fit :D

Thank you for your contribution.

:icon_lol::lol:

I don't think anyone is vehemently denying any truth in the transfer, it's more that you've posted on a message board about a story on your site as if it were an already reputable site.

Guest stevieintoon

well... this thread was fun, highlights include "have you any examples " "no" and steve's "Thanks to alex and Gemmil... proper north easterners" type comment..

I don't think anyone is vehemently denying any truth in the transfer, it's more that you've posted on a message board about a story on your site as if it were an already reputable site.

Can you find anything disreputable about the three people who have started the site?

Can you find anything disreputable about the three people who have started the site?

Why not stating in the first post that you are behind this exclusive yourself. You made the (probably trustworthy) exclusive reputable by your antics yourself. And I include having a go at everybody left, right and centre afterwards to it, too.

And I wouldn't trust anything that has the NSG tag on it anyway. :icon_lol:

But good luck with your site for the future.

no :icon_lol:

I don't know them from Adam so am not about to cast judgement either way, I just think it's laughable that you cite yourself as a reliable source with no examples to back up your (admittedly tame) claims.

Guest stevieintoon

I don't know them from Adam so am not about to cast judgement either way, I just think it's laughable that you cite yourself as a reliable source with no examples to back up your (admittedly tame) claims.

Ive been on Newcastle Online two years. People on there know I'm not some attention seeker who makes things up, even Gemmill who will never be my biggest fan said as much. If my claim of being a reliable source is still laughable in four weeks time fine, till then if you have nothing constructive to say, why waste minutes of your life by putting unconstructive comments up?

I mean I could say you're a boring, baldy prick, according to sources, but why is me saying that constructive? Waste of time if you've got nothing positive to say.

Edited by stevieintoon

I mean I could say you're a boring, baldy prick, according to sources, but why is me saying that constructive? Waste of time if you've got nothing positive to say.

:lol: "....a source close to the slaphead....."

If you're talking about Fish Stevie you forgot 'Fat', this merger thing might just work :D

Guest Patrokles

An exclusive from the three most reliable posters in Newcastle-Online's history...

When have we been unreliable?

Perhaps we should move to Southampton, talk constant shite, pose in ridiculous photographs cuddling cats whilst pulling delinquent faces, and genuinely not have a clue, perhaps then you'd consider us to have more credibility.

:D

This is getting like the last scene in Cassidy and the Sudance Kid. :lol:

I can't see IQ27 putting up much resistance once Stevie's got a beer or two inside him. What's he going to do, dazzle him with his shirt? But, hey, just think how easy it'd be to get a headshot on him. Couldn't miss.

Guest Patrokles

Verlaine commenting on the size of someone's head. :lol:

Class. :D

No, but he literally has a huge noggin. I'm just arrogant. Just like you're like the kid in school who has pops at people then whinges that it was all just a joke whenever anyone takes umbrage. :icon_lol:

Verlaine commenting on the size of someone's head. :lol:

Class. :D

No, but he literally has a huge noggin. I'm just arrogant. Just like you're like the kid in school who has pops at people then whinges that it was all just a joke whenever anyone takes umbrage. :icon_lol:

Jesus! It was just a joke dude!

:icon_lol:

Ive been on Newcastle Online two years. People on there know I'm not some attention seeker who makes things up, even Gemmill who will never be my biggest fan said as much. If my claim of being a reliable source is still laughable in four weeks time fine, till then if you have nothing constructive to say, why waste minutes of your life by putting unconstructive comments up?

:blush:

alright precious why not go and pour yourself a spritzer, un-bunch your nickers and calm down? You're acting like an internet hardman when in fact the worst I did was say quoting yourself as a reliable source is daft. I'm hardly questioning your parentage now am I.

p.s. I post a comment on here because I'm at work and dossing about, trying to get away with doing nothing and getting paid for it. :blush:

If you're talking about Fish Stevie you forgot 'Fat', this merger thing might just work :D

pipe down ankle biter :icon_lol:

Craig, I wasn't taking the piss I love Rowlands Gill, there's every chance if I was to move and had the money, it would be there. I take my bike up past Blaydon Rugby Club, up through Rowlands Gill, Derwentside to Consett then a gruelling trip from there to Hexham Racecourse and back home via Wylam, it's about 40 odd mile, and it makes ye appreciate what we have on our doorstep. I couldn't do it just now like again, not fit enough.

Didn't think you were for a minute. And there's not many who don't appreciate the Derwent Valley like. :lol:

If I ever came home, it'd be back there.