Got to be a pisstake surely?

Albert Kirkey

The football spy page of the Mirror invites readers to send in their transfer gossip they've heard. The bullshit passes into ridiculous on a daily basis, but this guy's got to be having a laugh surely.

Anyways here's what 'Dave' of Cheshire had to say, 'I was in the waiting room of a colonic irrigation clinic last week where i overheard Michael Owen's sister telling a friend that Michael was looking for a reliable nanny in the Manchester area. He will soon sign for Man Utd.'

Edited by Albert Kirkey

I go to the match with a taxi driver who's co-worker swears on his mothers life that he picked up Michael Owen from Newcastle Airport and took him house hunting round Darras Hall. He also claims a 7ft talking goldfish let down his tyres.

I've thought a couple of times reading that page, could I send in some rubbish so far fetched and see if it got published.

Two things put me off though, I can't be bothered, and people have already done it on an almost daily basis.

• 1 year later...

I go to the match with a taxi driver who's co-worker swears on his mothers life that he picked up Michael Owen from Newcastle Airport and took him house hunting round Darras Hall. He also claims a 7ft talking goldfish let down his tyres.

Genius!