Luis Boa Morte

snakehips

I wonder what he is thinking right now?

He seemed keen to join us.

He sees Luque signing for us thereby finishing any prospect of joining us.

He sees Michael Owen (I have to say that again. Yes, MICHAEL OWEN :unsure: ) join us.

He sees Parker, Emre and Nobby join us (not to mention Clarky and Moore :o ).

He sees us with over 50,000 supporters every home game.

So what is he thinking?

Probably something like, 'Thanks Mr Coleman and Mr Fayed, thanks a fuckin' lot!!! :D:) '

You can't really blame Coleman and Fayed for wanting to hold on to one of their better players. Plus, he'd just signed a new improved deal a few months ago. I bet he's sick as a chip though.

I wonder what he is thinking right now?

He seemed keen to join us.

He sees Luque signing for us thereby finishing any prospect of joining us.

He sees Michael Owen (I have to say that again. Yes, MICHAEL OWEN :unsure: ) join us.

He sees Parker, Emre and Nobby join us (not to mention Clarky and Moore :o ).

He sees us with over 50,000 supporters every home game.

So what is he thinking?

Probably something like, 'Thanks Mr Coleman and Mr Fayed, thanks a fuckin' lot!!! :)  :P '

27241[/snapback]

:D

Aye, he would have been a canny player for us I think, we could still go for him in January, depending on injuries.

And lets be honest our club is the most injury prone in the world bar none.

You can't really blame Coleman and Fayed for wanting to hold on to one of their better players. Plus, he'd just signed a new improved deal a few months ago. I bet he's sick as a chip though.

27244[/snapback]

Excellent! One small phrase to sum up what I was trying to say. :unsure:

Well I'm bloody ecstatic we got Luque and Michael Owen ahead of LBM and Anelka.

I was never that impressed by Boa, decent player and all, but I felt he was being WAY over-priced by them. Fair play to Fulham though. They insisted that he wouldn't leave for mega-bucks, and we weren't gonna get ripped off on him.

Fulham get to keep their star player

Boa Morte gets the captaincy and a few extra £££ per week

Newcastle get Luque

Everyone's a winner baby!

i'd still like to see us sign boa morte. he would give us width and compeition for the left wing position, allowing luque to join owen up front after shearer retires...

27266[/snapback]

i think you've got that spot on, and i reckon that could still be in Souness' mind.

I have never been impressed by LBM. He played for Fulham over here against an MLS all-star team and was nothing special. This is a squad of players who've never played together before and have had less than a week to practice. On top of which they're MLS players (which doesn't mean they're as bad as most people make out, but still a Premier League team should be more competetive than losing 4-1--and got off easy.)

In that game, the *only* thing that I remember LBM doing was diving for the penalty on which Fulham scored.

I have never been impressed by LBM.  He played for Fulham over here against an MLS all-star team and was nothing special.  This is a squad of players who've never played together before and have had less than a week to practice.  On top of which they're MLS players (which doesn't mean they're as bad as most people make out, but still a Premier League team should be more competetive than losing 4-1--and got off easy.)

In that game, the *only* thing that I remember LBM doing was diving for the penalty on which Fulham scored.

27353[/snapback]

it was a pre-season knockabout though. hard to judge him on that alone.

It's wasn't long ago I would have given my left nut to sign Boa Morte, cos I was terrified of starting the new season with the squad we had.

Now I only have one word for him - Uuunnn-lucky! :unsure:

Edited by BlueStar

I have never been impressed by LBM.  He played for Fulham over here against an MLS all-star team and was nothing special.  This is a squad of players who've never played together before and have had less than a week to practice.  On top of which they're MLS players (which doesn't mean they're as bad as most people make out, but still a Premier League team should be more competetive than losing 4-1--and got off easy.)

27353[/snapback]

it was a pre-season knockabout though. hard to judge him on that alone.

27356[/snapback]

True, but you'd expect more than *one* moment out of ninety minutes even when niether squad really cares.

Whether its LBM or somebody else we definitely need to sign another attacker in the transfer window as we still need one now even before Shearer heads towards retirement.

I'd also like us to be looking at leftbacks in January as well.

Boa Morte agrees new Fulham deal 

Fulham captain Luis Boa Morte has signed a new five-year contract.

The 28-year-old Portugal forward has pledged his future to Craven Cottage after a summer-long pursuit by Newcastle boss Graeme Souness.

And Fulham manager Chris Coleman was at pains to insist: "There's no get-out clause in his contract.

"If someone comes in and offers ridiculous money for him then sure, every player has his price. But there's nothing in the contract."

Coleman added: "He's played 200 games in five years which has worked out at roughly 40 games a season. We're not in the habit of selling our best players and we wanted to plan for the future.

"He's a big part of that. He can be the captain for the next five years if he shows the same consistency and level of performance he has done already."