Dyer on Nobby/Owen

Barney

HUZZAH! NOBBY IS HOME!

From www.nufc.co.uk

Exclusive Dyer Hails New Arrivals

By Ian Willis

KIERON Dyer says the United camp is buzzing once again following the arrivals of Michael Owen, Albert Luque and Nobby Solano over the last week.

Dyer, who missed out on the trip to Malaga this week after picking up a hamstring strain against Manchester United, was delighted to see the squad boosted before the transfer window closed on Wednesday night.

And the England international says the new arrivals have helped bring the feelgood factor back to Tyneside after an indifferent start to the season.

He told nufc.co.uk: "We haven't been playing with any width this season, so getting Luque and Nobby in will help us on that score.

"We've been crying out for a centre forward, and we know that Michael Owen is going to get goals.

"Hopefully everything will click into place for us now."

Dyer added: "I saw the scenes on TV when Michael signed for us, and that was amazing.

"It just shows what sort of a player Michael is to be held in such high regard by the fans. He even said himself he hadn't seen anything like that before."

Dyer is particularly pleased to welcome his big pal Solano back to the club, and says he will be a big help both on and off the pitch.

"It's funny, but just the other day I was on the phone to Craig Bellamy and we were talking about how good Nobby used to be in the changing room," added Kieron.

"You used to get a phone call at 11-o-clock at night and it would be Nobby playing his trumpet down the phone at you.

"He was always organising barbecues and that sort of thing for all the lads and their families.

"Then on Wednesday night when he signed for us again, my phone rang about half 11 and it was Nobby telling me he was having a barbecue at his house on Friday night and that I could bring everyone I knew!

"That's the type of lad he is, he'll have a massive impact in the changing room again.

"I'm sure him and the other new signings will lift the doom and gloom around the place.

"The fans have been singing the manager and chairman's names, and the place is buzzing again.

"It just goes to show that a week is a long time in football."

"You used to get a phone call at 11-o-clock at night and it would be Nobby playing his trumpet down the phone at you.

I bet they are all chuffed that he'll be back doing that again. Luque and Emre won't know what they've let themselves in for!

I bet they are all chuffed that he'll be back doing that again. Luque and Emre won't know what they've let themselves in for!

27305[/snapback]

He used to get in the Vineyard on Grey Street and play his trumpet too.

NB: That is not a euphemism :unsure:

how long before nobby falls out with souness by playing the trumpet down the phone at 3am. :unsure:

27417[/snapback]

:D

Souness will insist he plays the trombone even though he is clearly suited to playing the trumpet! :o

Dyer more than anyone is right to want him back, Nobby used to improve Dyer's game immensely and they linked up excellently together. Some of our best stuff was played with Nobby on the right and Dyer in the middle with the two of them interchanging, overlapping and playing some clever football with each other.

Its a myth that Dyer can't play in the centre especially if he had somebody like Parker in there next to him, so Dyer if he gets fit is capable of covering right wing, right centre and striker.

*Ring-ring*

Nobby's girlfriend - "Hello?"

Nobby - *Toot-de-toot* "Alreet pet?"

Nobby's girlfriend - "Nolberto, I'm glad you rang, I've got something to tell you..."

Nobby - *rasp* "What is it flower?"

Nobby's girlfriend - "Im...pregnant..."

Nobby - "Get rid of it." *Parp*

27516[/snapback]

:unsure::o:D:):P:P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

*Ring-ring*

Nobby's girlfriend - "Hello?"

Nobby - *Toot-de-toot* "Alreet pet?"

Nobby's girlfriend - "Nolberto, I'm glad you rang, I've got something to tell you..."

Nobby - *rasp* "What is it flower?"

Nobby's girlfriend - "Im...pregnant..."

Nobby - "Get rid of it." *Parp*

27516[/snapback]

"is you is or is you aint my baby"

:)

oh and :unsure::o:D

Yeah, what a nice guy.

Cheated on his wife, and made his girlfriend abort his child.

Top bloke!

27405[/snapback]

I'd buy him a pint for those reasons only.

I haven't read the stuff about Nobby and his girlfriend as the whole obsession thic society has with famour peoples private life is beyond a joke so i don't know all the ins and outs (as it were!).

But, you can't make a grown woman have an abortion, you can ask, you can say you won't stay with her or similar but you cannot make an adult choose to abort a baby, they have to do that themselves, so for all i know he made clear what he'd prefer.

As i say i didn't read the article so i don't know all the details.