Top Premiership goalscorer

4/1 Henry

9/2 Drogba

10/1 Rooney

12/1 Ronaldo

14/1 Shevchenko

14/1 Berbatov

16/1 Owen

200/1 are we likely to be that bad ? and with Spuds at 80/1 are we that far behind them ?

whats the fuss, i don't see us finishing in the top 8 with the squad we currently have. its paper thin, we haven't any decent cover in any positions at all....

however if reinforced i'd reckon we could push for a uefa cup spot.

I never could understand betting odds :wub:

All I know is I wont be putting a dime on our chances of winning the Premiership.

1 chance in 201 they reckon. Not that tricky really :razz:

so does that mean you get an each way bet givinf you 50-1 to finish in the top 4?

still not worth a punt like :wub:

Depends on the bookies. Some do different specials and interpret e/w differently I think. £1 each way means betting £2 though. £1 on the place and £1 on the win. You're talking about place only. I think that's right anyway. Ask 2J or Gemmill.

I'm sure someone might correct me if I'm over simplifying, but 2/1 means that for every £1 you put on, you'd get 2 back (plus your stake).

I do think the format makes it needlessly difficult to work stuff like how Chelsea's 11/8 compares to Man U's 6/4. Why dont they just say 1.4/1 and 1.5/1 etc? For that matter, why is Chelsea 6/4 and not 3/2? Actually, don't listen to me, I'm starting to think I've nee fuckin clue after all :razz:

Edited by BlueStar

I'm sure someone might correct me if I'm over simplifying, but 2/1 means that for every £1 you put on, you'd get 2 back (plus your stake).

I do think the format makes it needlessly difficult to work stuff like how Chelsea's 11/8 compares to Man U's 6/4. Why dont they just say 1.4/1 and 1.5/1 etc? For that matter, why is Chelsea 6/4 and not 3/2? Actually, don't listen to me, I'm starting to think I've nee fuckin clue after all :razz:

You can show stuff as decimal odds on online gambling sites. If that helps.

All I know is I wont be putting a dime on our chances of winning the Premiership.

:( I got that one! But what does '13/8 Fulham' mean ? If I put £8 on them to get relegated, and they are relegated, I get £13 back ??

:( I got that one! But what does '13/8 Fulham' mean ? If I put £8 on them to get relegated, and they are relegated, I get £13 back ??

13 squid plus your stake (£8).

13/8 = 1.625. You put £1 on them to get relegated and they are, you get £1.63. You put £8 on them to get relegated and they are, you get 8 x 1.625 = £13. Plus your original stake: £13 + £8 = £21.

Edited by Bombadil

William Hill are offering each way on us to win the league, but it's only placing first and second so still as hopeless.

Though they have us at 7/1 to win the league without the big 4 which aren't bad odds.

William Hill are offering each way on us to win the league, but it's only placing first and second so still as hopeless.

Though they have us at 7/1 to win the league without the big 4 which aren't bad odds.

That's a canny bet like. I hate season long bets though. Waiting all that time to see if you get your money.

Edited by alex

So is that 7/1 to finish 5th then?

Well, not necessarily. Probably though, aye. If we come 5th and Spurs come 4th you've lost though, for example. Still a good bet. Fancy £20 on that tbh.