Bung clubs are named

Scottish Mag

NEWCASTLE, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough are among five Premiership clubs set to be named and shamed today for breaches of transfer regulations.

And agents Pini Zahavi, Willie McKay and Barry Silkman will also be in the spotlight when the findings of Lord Stevens' 14-month inquiry into illegal payments are outlined.

Premier League chiefs spent yesterday in talks with lawyers over which details could be made public after promising the findings would be published.

Advertisement

It is understood Pompey, Boro and Newcastle will be named as facing a further FA investigation.

Zahavi, who is under investigation by FIFA over the Ashley Cole tapping up, will head the list of eight agents who failed to give information demanded by Stevens and his team.

No formal charges will be brought today, but the Premier League will announce a joint inquiry with the FA, whose compliance unit will head the next stage of the process.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-19300180/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it's down to the old administration, can't blame the new guys for anything that the club did before they took charge.

The old West Ham defence, well it worked for them.

Yep, it's down to the old administration, can't blame the new guys for anything that the club did before they took charge.

The old West Ham defence, well it worked for them.

I bet it won't fucking work for us though.

Suppose it would depend how serious the offence. I think many of us have suspected McKay and I bet its to do with the Boumsong transfer.

Suppose it would depend how serious the offence. I think many of us have suspected McKay and I bet its to do with the Boumsong transfer.

Boumsong £8m

Actual value of player £0m

McKay £1m

Fatty £1m

Boumsong £1m

Souey £1m

Rangers £4m

£ 8m

:wub:

What the fuck could we have done wrong?

Repeatedly paid stupid money for a player that wasn't worth 1/2 (in some cases 1/10) of what we paid for them? Surely that is more than punishment enough.

What the fuck could we have done wrong?

Repeatedly paid stupid money for a player that wasn't worth 1/2 (in some cases 1/10) of what we paid for them? Surely that is more than punishment enough.

Agreed. The laughing stock we have been over the past few years has been more than enough punishment.

Transfers investigated in the report:

Faye to Newcastle

Luque to Newcastle

Bounsong to Newcastle

Just when things are looking up for us our club, manager and chairman's son all under investigation, hopefully Ashley won't be long in telling Young Kenny to get the fuck out of SJP.