Bung clubs are named

Scottish Mag

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure what this report is going to achieve tbh. I think it'll affect and dent the reputations of some agents (especially those who've spat the dummies) but I don't think it's going to damage anyone else indicted.

The transfers outline will be buried below so much red tape that nothing dodgy will be proved.

Bungs is a way of life in football, infact I'd say it was heaped in tradition and the remit of lovable rogues.. :blush:

yeah sure I read that Cloughie was given enough 'sweeteners' in his time. Was there a story about after speaking to an agent he found a black bag left in his office afterwards and telling his cleaner to get rid off it. She then informed him it was full of cash to which Cloughie told her to share it with her colleagues.

or something like that

shit I'm crap at remembering stories and jokes!

As Sima says fucking typical that not only a past manger but our current one may have been implicated. The recent events at the club mean I'm not too arsed though.

As Sima says fucking typical that not only a past manger but our current one may have been implicated. The recent events at the club mean I'm not too arsed though.

Whilst Allardyce has not been found guilty of anything, I wonder what our new owner makes of all of this?

Whilst Allardyce has not been found guilty of anything, I wonder what our new owner makes of all of this?

It doesn't matter, remember we'll be getting Mourinho/Benitez next season anyway.

It doesn't matter, remember we'll be getting Mourinho/Benitez next season anyway.

:blush:

Shakin' Stevens

LORD STEVENS expressed serious concerns over the conduct of Sam Allardyce, Graeme Souness and agent Pini Zahavi in his bungs probe.

Former Met Police chief Stevens named all three - plus 17 transfers from five top clubs - as his report into dodgy deals, which took 15 months to compile, rocked football.

Stevens has concerns over a ‘conflict of interest’ involving Newcastle manager Allardyce and his former agent son Craig while Big Sam was at Bolton.

He also pointed out ‘inconsistencies in evidence’ from ex-Toon chief Souey.

Five of the deals Stevens has refused to sign off feature the super-agent Zahavi.

He now wants FIFA to investigate the Israeli because of his lack of co-operation with the Quest investigation team.

Allardyce declined to comment.

But a spokesman for his son, who was featured in the Panorama bungs show, said: “Craig will shortly provide further documentation to help clarify outstanding issues.”

Souness said: “I cannot understand why my name features in this report.

"I volunteered full information to Quest as a witness and I heard nothing further from them.”

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd’s son Kenneth was also fingered by Stevens for ‘inconsistencies in evidence’ regarding transfers to St James’ Park.

Zahavi’s solicitor came out fighting last night.

Ehud Shochatovitch said: “My client believes he has been targeted because he is successful and enjoys a high profile in the football world.

“Mr Zahavi fully co-operated with the inquiry and provided full, detailed answers and documents regarding all their questions.

“Quest wanted access to bank accounts of Mr Zahavi and his companies that have nothing to do with football transactions and with English football transactions in particular.

“In light of the above, there is no doubt that Quest’s findings are unfounded and that Quest misused its powers, exceeded its authority and overstepped the scope of the inquiry.”

FIFA gave a cool reaction to the Stevens inquiry and insisted they will not be rushed into any action.

A senior source at the game’s governing body told SunSport: “Of course we are aware of Lord Stevens’ work but, until we are asked to intervene by the FA, we will wait and see.

“It’s not in FIFA’s remit to act unless there is evidence of a breach of our rules.

“At this point we have not seen any of the findings so we are not in a position to make a statement.”

Sports Minister Richard Caborn said he was pleased all the clubs had co-operated with the inquiry.

He said: “I welcome the transparent approach taken by the Premier League in publishing these findings.

“While it’s pleasing to hear that all clubs and officials have co-operated fully with the Stevens inquiry, I am deeply concerned that some agents haven’t. They should do so immediately.

“It’s now for the FA and FIFA to pursue these agents vigorously — and they will have my support every step of the way.”

Premier League and FA chiefs have agreed to carry out random spot-checks on future transfers using Quest investigators.

(The Sun) Edited by @yourservice

This thing about Allardyce's son puzzles me.

Are they saying that any business deal in which family members put business the way of others is inherently dodgy?

If its more specific than that then say what the problem is, otherwise they are tainting thousands of deals done everyday in all walks of life.

If the accusation is that he bought players who he didn't want just because there was money in it for his son then thats a matter for Bolton and would surely massivley increase the scope of the inquiry if relationships with agents other than familial were taken into account (eg Souness/ McKay).

I'm sure that something like 51 of the 54 players the monkey's heed signed for the Mackems had the same agent (a firm he had shares in iirc). When you consider the likes of Nunez I could never understand why the FA weren't interested.

I'm sure that something like 51 of the 54 players the monkey's heed signed for the Mackems had the same agent (a firm he had shares in iirc). When you consider the likes of Nunez I could never understand why the FA weren't interested.

Aye, the reason Bridges was forced out was because he wouldn't go with said firm

Bungs is a way of life in football, infact I'd say it was heaped in tradition and the remit of lovable rogues.. :blush:

yeah sure I read that Cloughie was given enough 'sweeteners' in his time. Was there a story about after speaking to an agent he found a black bag left in his office afterwards and telling his cleaner to get rid off it. She then informed him it was full of cash to which Cloughie told her to share it with her colleagues.

or something like that

shit I'm crap at remembering stories and jokes!

That is totally true there was £2000 in the bag a lot of cash at the time. Read it in a football tell all book a few years ago can't remember by who.