Checkout lasses

JawD

Why is it when they ask the question "Do you need a hand with your packing" and you say "no thanks", do they somehow hear "No thanks, oh and while you're on will you scan my items at 100mph please".

I've started aiming for the retard looking ones so they go a bit slower :blush:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've mentioned before that there used to be a lad with one arm that worked on one of the checkouts at the Tesco in North Shields. I used to seek him out because his scanning speed was pretty much on a par with my bag-packing speed. A match made in heaven tbh.

Yeah, I've mentioned before that there used to be a lad with one arm that worked on one of the checkouts at the Tesco in North Shields. I used to seek him out because his scanning speed was pretty much on a par with my bag-packing speed. A match made in heaven tbh.

Hmm, Im suddenly starting to think I started this same topic then as well..... old age man, gets us all.... :blush:

Well its still happening!

What pisses me off is the self-checkout thingies.

Fuckers take twice as long, and they have about 2 people helping the mongs who don't realise vigorously waving the packaging in front of the scanner doesn't work. That's 2 extra tills they could have ffs.

Standing behind people at the self-checkout tills provides some pretty damning evidence of the general IQ levels of people in this country. You'd think some of them were stood in front of the control panel at NASA's Mission Control the way they go on - stood mouths agape staring at a screen which at any one time has a maximum of six options on it.

I feel like pushing them out of the way and going "LOOK! "FINISH AND PAY"! THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT YOU FUCKING CRIPPLE!"

Standing behind people at the self-checkout tills provides some pretty damning evidence of the general IQ levels of people in this country. You'd think some of them were stood in front of the control panel at NASA's Mission Control the way they go on - stood mouths agape staring at a screen which at any one time has a maximum of six options on it.

I feel like pushing them out of the way and going "LOOK! "FINISH AND PAY"! THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT YOU FUCKING CRIPPLE!"

In ASDA on wednesday there was a chinese fellow who was feverishly poking away at it before realising he wasn't pressing the touch screen. :blush:

In ASDA on wednesday there was a chinese fellow who was feverishly poking away at it before realising he wasn't pressing the touch screen. :blush:

I've noticed the Chinese are particularly inept with the self-checkout till too. This wanker a couple of weeks ago was trying to scan individual apples with no barcodes on them. Me and the Tesco lass who had to come and help him were both just stood shaking our heads in utter disbelief.

It does my head in when you get stuck behind a pensioner who insists on paying in cash and counts out the exact amount. :blush:

SMO was in Tesco the other week and after buying 1 tin of beans, 1 tin of spaghetti, 1 apple and 1 pint of milk the lass on the till asked him 'are you single?' he replied smugly thinking he's pulled 'why because I'm buying one of each item?'

She said: 'No because you're fucking ugly, now pack your bag and fuck off' what a pric that lad is :blush:

Also, bugs me when the person in front stands in the queue and doesnt get their money / wallet / purse out until the cashier asks for it..

Thats bugs me. Esp in the metro centre when I want to get in and out asap. Usually stand there pondering the questions. Often feel like asking if they want a hand. "hmm, £10..... £20 ...... £30 ....how much have I got ................................................................................................................................... £547.56 .... So, hmmm.... do I want a recipt? <asks girlfriend>" :blush:

Aye, tried Tesco and Asda. Canny for most things except fruit and veg which they seem to bounce all over before it gets to you. Oh, and if they have ran out of say brown sauce, they will give you a jar of jam instead....

Aye, tried Tesco and Asda. Canny for most things except fruit and veg which they seem to bounce all over before it gets to you. Oh, and if they have ran out of say brown sauce, they will give you a jar of jam instead....

ohhhkay :lol:

Only thing is, im dubious about ordering a joint of beef for example, cos i dont want a scraggy fatty bit :blush:

Jesus, that pic is so huge slowed my old pc up bigtime!

checkout lasses in my local supermarket take pity on me and pack my stuff for me without asking

personally i reckon they are just flirting :blush:

It means you'll leave quicker.