Checkout lasses

JawD

What about the people in front of you who just get a packet of crisps, you notice this and decide to queue behind them as they'll surely be fast and you'll be served in no time, yet when they get to the till insist on making their 30 pence purchase on their fucking credit card!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the people in front of you who just get a packet of crisps, you notice this and decide to queue behind them as they'll surely be fast and you'll be served in no time, yet when they get to the till insist on making their 30 pence purchase on their fucking credit card!

Never seen that happen in all honesty :blush:

You won't have, because it's only ever me who gets stuck behind the fuckers

You won't have, because it's only ever me who gets stuck behind the fuckers

I know what you mean though, students buying 10 Marlborough Lights with their card. Sub-human scum tbh

What's with this 'scanning at light speed' business people are complaining about? The checkout chicks at Tesco Harrow are the slowest on the planet. They look at what you've got on the belt with complete disdain and then sigh as though picking up each item is just far too much effort and scan at about a rate of four items per minute.

I had one girl go off all ghetto at me one day when I made the comment that when I worked in a supermarket if my scan rate dropped below 25 items per minute I'd be officially warned, three warnings meaning dismissal. I got to hear all about how tired she was because her crotch-spawn hell-kids' father never lifts a finger and blah blah blah.

Standing behind people at the self-checkout tills provides some pretty damning evidence of the general IQ levels of people in this country. You'd think some of them were stood in front of the control panel at NASA's Mission Control the way they go on - stood mouths agape staring at a screen which at any one time has a maximum of six options on it.

I feel like pushing them out of the way and going "LOOK! "FINISH AND PAY"! THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT YOU FUCKING CRIPPLE!"

In ASDA on wednesday there was a chinese fellow who was feverishly poking away at it before realising he wasn't pressing the touch screen. :lol:

I've noticed the Chinese are particularly inept with the self-checkout till too. This wanker a couple of weeks ago was trying to scan individual apples with no barcodes on them. Me and the Tesco lass who had to come and help him were both just stood shaking our heads in utter disbelief.

Thing that annoys me with the self-serve tills is other people's complete lack of sense. There's 4 of them in our Tesco, 2 for baskets only and two of them being full conveyor belt jobbies for a week's shopping.

Needless to say, those two never get used as most people are shit-scared of them so generally if I've bought a trolley full of stuff, I head straight for one of those knowing that they'll be empty. Thing is, it seems to set everyone else off and they form a queue behind me. Because of the way it's set up, your shopping goes down the belt, you pay for it all and THEN you pack it. Only, you can guarantee that while you're still packing, the impatient retard behind you is already scanning his stuff and sending it down the belt mixing it all up with yours! :lol:

Last time it happened, I unpacked my shopping at home and had a bottle of whisky in there - I know I never bought it.... :blush:

If my usual supermarket experience is anything to go by, they'll not just fire your shopping at you at 100mph but also fire tins, jars, bottles on top of your easily crushable eggs and vegetables.

That's a pet hate of mine. Along with women thinking 'I know what's the perfect place for a chat with my friend, in the middle of the aisle so our trolleys completely block the way.'

Guest Toplass-101

I notice it'sonly the menfolk who have commentd on this anomaly :lol:

aye, ya right Radgi, its not the checkout staffs fault either, guys just cant pack bags, fact!

Ed: Or suitcases for that matter.

Edited by Toplass-101

I notice it'sonly the menfolk who have commentd on this anomaly :lol:

aye, ya right Radgi, its not the checkout staffs fault either, guys just cant pack bags, fact!

Ed: Or suitcases for that matter.

See, now thats where you;re wrong :razz: Its because I CAN pack bags that present the problem. Milk, juice etc in one bag, tins etc in another, cereals take up one bag, dog food n chews in another, water and dog mixer dont go in a bag, fruit in its own bag, bread, eggs, crisps etc in another :razz: I also put them on the thing to be scanned grouped like that to make it easier.

The problem is the 100mpg scanning and that most of my time is spent trying to open the fucking bags that they glue together :razz:

I was in Tesco a while back on my own, had absolutely piles of food on the conveyor so I took up her offer of help with packing for the first ever time.

Christ almighty, they couldn't have got a bigger mong to help me. I ended up with bags with, no word of a lie, 1 tin of beans in it. Absolutely ridiculous!

I was in Tesco a while back on my own, had absolutely piles of food on the conveyor so I took up her offer of help with packing for the first ever time.

Christ almighty, they couldn't have got a bigger mong to help me. I ended up with bags with, no word of a lie, 1 tin of beans in it. Absolutely ridiculous!

That's the dort of shit you get if you get home delivery as well I've heard. They say it's because people complain if you over fill the bags. It's actually because they're thick as pig shit.

That's the dort of shit you get if you get home delivery as well I've heard. They say it's because people complain if you over fill the bags. It's actually because they're thick as pig shit.

Aye you're right. I got home delivery yesterday and the bloke got in a massive flap because my jar of curry paste was loose in his box and not in a bag. I was like, 'just put it in with the bread i'm unpacking it in a second', but he was adamant I took it seperately and didn't mix up the bags. :lol:

Sainsbury's at Heaton has the best check-out totty iyam.

I don't think I've ever been served by an attractive girl at a supermarket. Your standards must be phenominally low.

:lol:

I don't think I've ever been served by an attractive girl at a supermarket. Your standards must be phenominally low.

I may have misspelt a word, but you're the one eyeing up the swamp donkies in supermarkets.

I may have misspelt a word, but you're the one eyeing up the swamp donkies in supermarkets.

Have you been in that supermarket before?

Can't say that I have, but as I say I don't think I've ever seen an attractive girl working on a till, and I was extrapolating that theory to include that supermarket.

Can't say that I have, but as I say I don't think I've ever seen an attractive girl working on a till, and I was extrapolating that theory to include that supermarket.

No then :razz:

:razz:

No then <_<

Surely you have to admit that Luke can't be blamed for applying reasoning that we all agree is sound. Most checkout charlies are at best, ugly. Supermarkets would hardly attract the most dazzling of part time workers and unless you're slap bang in the middle of studentia they'll all be either side of the respectable age band. (19-29)

:razz:

No then <_<

Surely you have to admit that Luke can't be blamed for applying reasoning that we all agree is sound. Most checkout charlies are at best, ugly. Supermarkets would hardly attract the most dazzling of part time workers and unless you're slap bang in the middle of studentia they'll all be either side of the respectable age band. (19-29)

It is though tbh.

this explains your vehement anti-student stance.

and your receding hair line

and your high liklihood of being caught "in possession"