Reading away

Canuck

I know away days are all good, but how does Reading stack up?

I have heard that it's a plastic stadium away from town (a bus to get there from the train station!?!)

I have also heard that not many come from the N-E and the allocation is taken up by Southern Mags.

Anyone on here go last season?

the atmosphere was dreadful, full of cockney mags. sitting down was prevelant throughout the game. A horrid experience!!!!!!!

:lol:

If you want to be a local team, go and watch Blyth Spartans. :blush:

the atmosphere was dreadful, full of cockney mags. sitting down was prevelant throughout the game. A horrid experience!!!!!!!

I was in the corner (yes the Newcastle end) right next to the east stand and we were all standing the whole game.

Plastic stadium? Fuck off. :blush:

But aye there's a short (and i mean short) bus ride from the station, plenty of local pubs if you travel beyond the Madesjki to Spencers Wood (where I live :lol: ) where away fans congregate.

Of course it was full of London based mags, it was the middle of the fucking week! It's like that quite a bit when we play midweek in the south.

I didn't think it was that bad. It might look flatpack from the outside but on the inside it was fairly impressive I thought. I was right on the divide in the corner and we stood all game, unhassled.

To be honest like, you can't really judge an away game til you've done it more than once, as each visit differs.

Edited by WubbleUC

Thought it was OK myself. Slightly over-zealous on the stewarding side, but where isn't these days?

Aston Villa

Liverpool

Man Utd

Arsenal

Blackburn

Fulham!!!!! Hardly notice they're there!

Sheff Utd

Pompey - coppers are harsh though.

:lol:

If you want to be a local team, go and watch Blyth Spartans. :blush:

it wasnt a critisism, it was a statement of fact. I am now technically a cockney mag!!!

;)

If you want to be a local team, go and watch Blyth Spartans. :lol:

it wasnt a critisism, it was a statement of fact. I am now technically a cockney mag!!!

It's no good back-pedalling now sonny Jim! :blush::lol:

I enjoyed it but didn't enjoy the hassle of the stewards.. Being in the front row I felt like a muppet standing when there were people around me sitting... Was tempted to move up the back!

Dunno what ya chattin bout Brock, didn't know there were any away pubs around, seeing as the ground is in the middle of nowhere! Travelling from bristol we went to a few nice bars in town before the game. Was very drunk by the time I got to the ground which is why it was so frustrating being told to sit down!

I'll go next year if its a 3 oclock saturday kick off, if not I dunno if its worth the hassle and the disappointment of being made to sit!

heavy stewarding, no spare tickets, dreadful parking, no pubs near rthe ground

might get better in 2008 when they extend the ground and get a railway station there

I enjoyed it but didn't enjoy the hassle of the stewards.. Being in the front row I felt like a muppet standing when there were people around me sitting... Was tempted to move up the back!

Dunno what ya chattin bout Brock, didn't know there were any away pubs around, seeing as the ground is in the middle of nowhere! Travelling from bristol we went to a few nice bars in town before the game. Was very drunk by the time I got to the ground which is why it was so frustrating being told to sit down!

I'll go next year if its a 3 oclock saturday kick off, if not I dunno if its worth the hassle and the disappointment of being made to sit!

There's a pub or two 15-20 mins walk away or so that isn't as crowded as the ones in town can get.

The Swan and the Farrier's Arms.