Flatshares

The Fish

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How long's the training for that, Dave? Are you basically self-employed with that, or how does it work?

Does the "independent" just refer to you not being affiliated with any financial institutions, but you would still work for a company of IFAs? I've never really understood how they operate.

Training is up to me really, I need to pass two industry exams before I progress. They incentivise the exams by paying for them and offering a £100 to whomever passes first. Obviously with qualifications come pay and title rises.

The "independent" part means that we can select from anyone who provides a product that best supports the clients needs and approach to risk. Of Course there are a selection of companies who Park Row, as a company, favour but this is not set in stone.

If I remain at Parkrow after I've got through this scheme I would be an adviser who gave 5% of any commission earned, straight to Parkrow, but would benefit from their client bank and admin support. If I leave I'd pay nobody a slice of my commission and would have to pay someone to do my admin for me.

but that's a way off now.

I'm aiming to give mortgage advice (the first rung on the ladder) within two years of starting (so a year and three quarters left). while still working for Parkrow, which would give me a flat wage plus commission. Once I've got that, do some more qualifications and try to get any and all mortgage customers to give me pension and investment business.

also want to start a side business on my own, but that'll have to wait until I can give invesstment advice and can find a property lawyer I trust

:lol: That's a good point tbf.

I've only ever taken mortgage advice from one advisor and he was an arsehole who tried to charge me for the mortgage advice at the end of it because I refused to take the insurance products that he recommended to me.

I've only ever taken mortgage advice from one advisor and he was an arsehole who tried to charge me for the mortgage advice at the end of it because I refused to take the insurance products that he recommended to me.

I was talked into getting an endowment ffs!

no friends who've got money or the inclination to stay in England, no :lol:

one's buggered off to Portugal to teach people to Surf, one's off to Camp America type thing in Maine and the other is off to Whistler in Canada to do 1st aid on the slopes (I was going to type "Mountain Rescue" but he's going to be putting plasters on cut fingers, not Rapelling down the cliff face to perform open heart surgery using a husky tooth and fungal spores.)

that leaves the girls who said they wanted to live with no blokes, they've since all privately said to me and the lads that they're really not looking forward to just living with girls because of the in fighting and bitching that will happen. :razz:

no friends who've got money or the inclination to stay in England, no :lol:

one's buggered off to Portugal to teach people to Surf, one's off to Camp America type thing in Maine and the other is off to Whistler in Canada to do 1st aid on the slopes (I was going to type "Mountain Rescue" but he's going to be putting plasters on cut fingers, not Rapelling down the cliff face to perform open heart surgery using a husky tooth and fungal spores.)

that leaves the girls who said they wanted to live with no blokes, they've since all privately said to me and the lads that they're really not looking forward to just living with girls because of the in fighting and bitching that will happen. :razz:

Aye, right. :razz:

:razz: mug

I'm lucky enough to be working for a decent firm now, no more appearing on Watchdog for me :razz:

Disclaimer, I was never on Watchdog but two of the companies I worked for in the past couple of years have. :razz:

that leaves the girls who said they wanted to live with no blokes, they've since all privately said to me and the lads that they're really not looking forward to just living with girls because of the in fighting and bitching that will happen. :lol:

Are you the only bloke left per chance?

that leaves the girls who said they wanted to live with no blokes, they've since all privately said to me and the lads that they're really not looking forward to just living with girls because of the in fighting and bitching that will happen. :lol:

:razz:

:razz: mug

I'm lucky enough to be working for a decent firm now, no more appearing on Watchdog for me :razz:

Disclaimer, I was never on Watchdog but two of the companies I worked for in the past couple of years have. :razz:

Are you talking about your double glazing company?

Nice to know advisors think their clients are mugs btw, I can see you'll go far!

FYI everyone got endowments ten years or so ago. I was smart enough to dump it sharpish when I realised it wasn't performing well though. Something I did without the help of an advisor.

Edited by Renton

I wouldn't want to live with girls either. They tend to be worse for clearing up after themselves but are a lot more defensive about it. And heaven forbid they synchronise their monthly habits...

:lol:

I've been arguing that same fucking point for ages

:razz:

You see what they're doing there? :lol:

Are you talking about your double glazing company?

Nice to know advisors think their clients are mugs btw, I can see you'll go far!

FYI everyone got endowments ten years or so ago. I was smart enough to dump it sharpish when I realised it wasn't performing well though. Something I did without the help of an advisor.

Advisors don't think their clients are mugs, I think You're a mug :razz:

oh and yes Re: Watchdog, that's why I left. Quite because they tried to get me to scare old people into buying the windows and also they were committing fraud in my eyes, by getting clients to sign an "express fit" document which was in fact a non-cancellation agreement.

yup, it's true the Fish has ethics :lol:

It's like anything imo, you get what you pay for, a swarthy greased back geezer, working out of the back of a taxi office will try and screw you over, Price, Waterhouse and Coopers will not.

You'll be dissing this lark when you've got a new job 3 months down the line Fish. I know it, you know it and so does everyone else :lol:

It's like anything imo, you get what you pay for, a swarthy greased back geezer, working out of the back of a taxi office will try and screw you over, Price, Waterhouse and Coopers will not.

PwC charged $400 an hour for my services. You may want to rethink that statement. :lol: