Flatshares

The Fish

It's like anything imo, you get what you pay for, a swarthy greased back geezer, working out of the back of a taxi office will try and screw you over, Price, Waterhouse and Coopers will not.

PwC charged $400 an hour for my services. You may want to rethink that statement. :razz:

:razz:

really?

christ on a bike it seems you can polish a turd. :lol:

see I'll be working off commission and a yearly wage for the first few years, so I'll not be charging the customer per hour so to speak. I doubt people would give me a fricking penny to give them advice. Commissions from companies is the only place I'll genuinely make any money.

and alex stfuyhblm

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about your double glazing company?

Nice to know advisors think their clients are mugs btw, I can see you'll go far!

FYI everyone got endowments ten years or so ago. I was smart enough to dump it sharpish when I realised it wasn't performing well though. Something I did without the help of an advisor.

Advisors don't think their clients are mugs, I think You're a mug :razz:

oh and yes Re: Watchdog, that's why I left. Quite because they tried to get me to scare old people into buying the windows and also they were committing fraud in my eyes, by getting clients to sign an "express fit" document which was in fact a non-cancellation agreement.

yup, it's true the Fish has ethics :lol:

It's like anything imo, you get what you pay for, a swarthy greased back geezer, working out of the back of a taxi office will try and screw you over, Price, Waterhouse and Coopers will not.

Basically your saying I'm a mug for listening to an advisor, like millions of other people in the 1990s. Cheers, I agree, an won't be making the same mistake again.

And Alex is right. :razz:

well seeing as you know so much, why'd you take bad advice in the first place? :razz:

I think you're a mug for listening to a bad advisor, I also think not all advisors are bad. I think you just got the bad apple. :lol:

and no he's not :razz:

well seeing as you know so much, why'd you take bad advice in the first place? :razz:

I think you're a mug for listening to a bad advisor, I also think not all advisors are bad. I think you just got the bad apple. :lol:

and no he's not :razz:

In 1994 everyone was advised to rake endowment mortgages, basically because the advisors were clueless and couldn't predict what would happen. IFAs are a complete waste of space imo; still it's a step up from selling windows. :razz:

and no he's not <_<

In 1994 everyone was advised to rake endowment mortgages, basically because the advisors were clueless and couldn't predict what would happen. IFAs are a complete waste of space imo; still it's a step up from selling windows. :razz:

I'd agree that with things like that they're as useful as astrologers, but sorting you out with a decent mortgage, pension or income/mortgage protection they'll wade through the shit you get on the high street and find the terms which best fit you.

also they're useful for high risk investments.

so while there's a lot of crap about, I'm lucky enough to have blagged a job at one of the larger, more reputable firms so hopefully I can trade on that reputation and scam plebs into buying an endowment :razz:

:lol:

can't blame a guy for getting excited about his new(ish) job

but this time. it's Parkrow, you lot can have a look yourselves,

Renton what were you doing buying a house in 1994? How old ARE you exactly?!

...1994? as I remember it, Marco White re-entered his life, offering to set him up with a head chef position and 25% share in the Rossmore, owned by White's business partners. The restaurant was renamed Aubergine and went on to win its first Michelin star 14 Months later....

Training is up to me really, I need to pass two industry exams before I progress. They incentivise the exams by paying for them and offering a £100 to whomever passes first. Obviously with qualifications come pay and title rises.

The "independent" part means that we can select from anyone who provides a product that best supports the clients needs and approach to risk. Of Course there are a selection of companies who Park Row, as a company, favour but this is not set in stone.

If I remain at Parkrow after I've got through this scheme I would be an adviser who gave 5% of any commission earned, straight to Parkrow, but would benefit from their client bank and admin support. If I leave I'd pay nobody a slice of my commission and would have to pay someone to do my admin for me.

but that's a way off now.

I'm aiming to give mortgage advice (the first rung on the ladder) within two years of starting (so a year and three quarters left). while still working for Parkrow, which would give me a flat wage plus commission. Once I've got that, do some more qualifications and try to get any and all mortgage customers to give me pension and investment business.

also want to start a side business on my own, but that'll have to wait until I can give invesstment advice and can find a property lawyer I trust

Sounds dry as fuck.

Travel for a year before you embark on this soul-destroying madness.

None of your business tbh! I bought soon after leaving Uni, no point in wasting money on rent.

money money money my good man. I want to have an uber holiday, but am happy to work a few years so that I can afford to really enjoy myself.

for example, work for three years get £4000 in a bank account, have my dad stump up the other half and take 6 months off work. (in the gap between employed by Parkrow and becoming an established self employed advisors mortgage consultant) Drive across the states in a Cadillac from NYC to LA with a couple of mates.

that's the pipe dream, to do that before I'm 30.

money money money my good man. I want to have an uber holiday, but am happy to work a few years so that I can afford to really enjoy myself.

for example, work for three years get £4000 in a bank account, have my dad stump up the other half and take 6 months off work. (in the gap between employed by Parkrow and becoming an established self employed advisors mortgage consultant) Drive across the states in a Cadillac from NYC to LA with a couple of mates.

Sounds more like it.

None of your business tbh! I bought soon after leaving Uni, no point in wasting money on rent.

:lol: A lady never reveals her age. :razz:

Tut tut. Still cadging money from your Dad, you should be ashamed.

he said that he'd pay half of my holiday, I said that it'd be really expensive and he shouldn't bother, he started to insist but I reckon if I'd dug my heels in he would have changed his mind... but then that would mean I don't get my holdiay so I gave in before he did :lol:

he said that he'd pay half of my holiday, I said that it'd be really expensive and he shouldn't bother, he started to insist but I reckon if I'd dug my heels in he would have changed his mind... but then that would mean I don't get my holdiay so I gave in before he did :lol:

Cadging money from your Dad. Disgraceful.

iirc the Fish has a bit of a thing going where he feels compelled to out-do his father in his life achievements. In my book, if his dad pays for a holiday for him once he's started working, he'll remain his dad's bitch for life. FACT!

iirc the Fish has a bit of a thing going where he feels compelled to out-do his father in his life achievements. In my book, if his dad pays for a holiday for him once he's started working, he'll remain his dad's bitch for life. FACT!

maybe so...but still...

arizona-route-66.jpg

!

maybe do it in this (if it ever gets built) gm-chevrolet-chevy-camaro-concept-new-2006-all-vews-car-collage.jpg

like the externals, hate the headlights and not keen on the suggested interior.

more likely do it in something like

1965-deville-convertible-top.jpg

Edited by The Fish

Been there, done that tbh. :lol: Didn't even twig I was on Route 66 for a while, think it's got a different name now hasn't it?

It's just an ordinary road isn't it? Am I missing something?

not if I spend the more on his next holiday :razz: