Flatshares

The Fish

iirc the Fish has a bit of a thing going where he feels compelled to out-do his father in his life achievements. In my book, if his dad pays for a holiday for him once he's started working, he'll remain his dad's bitch for life. FACT!

:lol:

not if I spend the more on his next holiday :razz:

That's not very likely though, is it?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ffs. What a cliche.

pipe down chunk, you're just miffed cos the road won't bear you weight and you'd have to watch the world from a box car attached to the back of an interstate train.

Been there, done that tbh. :lol: Didn't even twig I was on Route 66 for a while, think it's got a different name now hasn't it?

It's just an ordinary road isn't it? Am I missing something?

Chicago to LA isn't it? Some of the original is no longer open and I think Scott is right that it's been renamed.

iirc the Fish has a bit of a thing going where he feels compelled to out-do his father in his life achievements. In my book, if his dad pays for a holiday for him once he's started working, he'll remain his dad's bitch for life. FACT!

:lol:

not if I spend the more on his next holiday :razz:

That's not very likely though, is it?

secretly hoping he'll be too old to travel very far and I'll just be paying for a nice week in London or something... at least I'd save on air fare :razz:

Oh ffs. What a cliche.

pipe down chunk, you're just miffed cos the road won't bear you weight and you'd have to watch the world from a box car attached to the back of an interstate train.

Actually travelling America by train is quite good fun. Much prefer it to driving on congested roads with low speed limits.

got to be honest the images of a bloke with one leg dangling over the side of a boxcar as it lazily rolls over vast plains are quite appealing.

but I'd wager that was very much a journey to do when you've got no plans what so ever and any kind of time frame would ruin the whole point of the holiday.

if I won a stack on the lottery and had years to kill, then I'd quite fancy that kind of drifter life-style.

boxcar-sit-scaled.jpg

Edited by The Fish

got to be honest the images of a bloke with one leg dangling over the side of a boxcar as it lazily rolls over vast plains are quite appealing.

but I'd wager that was very much a journey to do when you've got no plans what so ever and any kind of time frame would ruin the whole point of the holiday.

if I won a stack on the lottery and had years to kill, then I'd quite fancy that kind of drifter life-style.

You can buy open ended Amtrak passes, like the inter rail one. Complete freedom. American trains are very slow though.

Edited by Renton

There's something to be said for going home at the end of the day and not having to put up with anyone. Least of all a stranger.

I've been flatsharing for about 5-6 years now. Never really had a problem but I am quite laid back.

Would much rather have someone to chat to than sitting in an empty house.

There's something to be said for going home at the end of the day and not having to put up with anyone. Least of all a stranger.

I've been flatsharing for about 5-6 years now. Never really had a problem but I am quite laid back.

Not comfortable in your own company. That's ok, some people are like that. :lol:

Not comfortable in your own company. That's ok, some people are like that. :lol:

Whereas you:

talk2me.jpg

Some people just aren't anti social nerds like you though. I'd much rather have someone to talk to than not. I lived with 7 others in my second and third years though, that's too many. Lived with three other people this year, it's been great.

Some people just aren't anti social nerds like you though. I'd much rather have someone to talk to than not. I lived with 7 others in my second and third years though, that's too many. Lived with three other people this year, it's been great.

It's different when you're a dirty skint student though.

There's nothing anti-social about it tbh. I just like to go home at the end of the day and not have some tit sat on the sofa with dishes all over the floor/sink/everywher. That's my job, thank you very much.

Most people who share with people who aren't their partner do it through neccessity (i.e. financial constraints) rather than choice imo.

There's nothing anti-social about it tbh. I just like to go home at the end of the day and not have some tit sat on the sofa with dishes all over the floor/sink/everywher. That's my job, thank you very much.

Doesn't really affect me. I get some of my mortgage paid off and open up my circle of friends. The laws are clearly laid out at the start before they move in!!

Not an only child are you?

Aye but as you get older you cant be arsed with other people being around.

When i left Uni, the thought of living by myself sort of scared me. Now the thought of sharing with someone who wasnt my lass is a personal version of hell.

Mind i like to sit about naked and have random wanks so its best all round tbh.

True. But even if I could afford to live by myself I'd prefer not to.

Doesn't really affect me. I get some of my mortgage paid off and open up my circle of friends. The laws are clearly laid out at the start before they move in!!

Not an only child are you?

Have you found a lodger prepared to go on holiday with you yet? :lol:

Not in 5 years you won't, as Chez has pointed out.

Not in 5 years you won't, as Chez has pointed out.

Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

hey if I could afford to live on my todd I would.. but then thinking about it, life is easier when you share cleaning, cooking etc. with someone else.

Some nights I just can't be arsed to cook.

It's nice to come home to a cup of tea when you've had to stay late at work, then walk through the pissing rain.

... god it's girlfriend I need not a fucking flatmate :lol:

hey if I could afford to live on my todd I would.. but then thinking about it, life is easier when you share cleaning, cooking etc. with someone else.

It's nice to come home to a cup of tea when you've had to stay late at work, then walk through the pissing rain.

The distant sound of a penny dropping.

...into a piggybank labelled "Month-long solo journey through desolate American landscapes". D'oh!

... god it's girlfriend I need not a fucking flatmate :razz:

:lol: like I'd let a penny bounce before I scooped it off the floor.

it's not my fault, I uphold my end of the bargain, it's these Succubi that ruin it for everyone. Imagine, if you will, a Dave with a sunny disposition, brimming with positivity, joy and mirth. Instead of the cynical pretentious arse you tolerate...it's them thar womens fault I tells yee :razz:

... god it's girlfriend I need not a fucking flatmate :razz:

:lol: like I'd let a penny bounce before I scooped it off the floor.

it's not my fault, I uphold my end of the bargain, it's these Succubi that ruin it for everyone. Imagine, if you will, a Dave with a sunny disposition, brimming with positivity, joy and mirth. Instead of the cynical pretentious arse you tolerate...it's them thar womens fault I tells yee :razz:

:razz:

It's a shame you're giving up psychology because you could have saved yourself a fortune psycho-analysing yourself.