Signature dishes

Guest Patrokles

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Toplass-101

My lasagne is nice & my salmon on noodles.

I dont think ill ever be able to cook belly pork chops, sausage n mash with onion gravy, or make broth like my Dad does though.

Couple of quick vegi options:

Nice fresh squash, hollow it.

Hoy some fresh cream in and some gruyere cheese. little bit of nutmeg.

Hoy its lid back on and in the oven it goes. Bloody gorgeous.

or Nice Feta pasta. Sauteed vine toms, lots of garlic and olive oil. Chuck some fresh olives in. Then the cooked spag. Toss it about. Then the Feta for about a minute making sure it doesnt melt too much. Then some fresh basil and youre sorted.

The last one is nice with a bit of that thing I cant remember the name of:

Butter in a pan with shit loads of garlic, then hoy it over some bread. vine toms, some mozzarella, some basil and in the oven it goes. Its got a name and I cant remember it.

Could tell you a lovely one to make with lentils and puff pastry but not sure there will be many takers. :razz: My lentil soup is fucking gorgeous though and youre a hom if you dont like it.

Mexican food or Curries tend to be what people ask me to make though. I like cooking :lol:

Make some garlic butter and stuff a chicken breast with it. Wrap it in bacon and marinade with balsamic vinegar, and then roast. Grill some cheese on top right at the end. Beautiful.

Make some garlic butter and stuff a chicken breast with it. Wrap it in bacon and marinade with balsamic vinegar, and then roast. Grill some cheese on top right at the end. Beautiful.

On Masterchef last week, one of the lads stuffed a chicken breast with mozerella(sp), pesto and garlic butter. Wrapped in parma ham, served with garlic baby potatoes. Looked lovely.

Stuff I make :

Spicy Meatballs

Thai Green Chicken Curry

Chilli

On Masterchef last week, one of the lads stuffed a chicken breast with mozerella(sp), pesto and garlic butter. Wrapped in parma ham, served with garlic baby potatoes. Looked lovely.

Stuff I make :

Spicy Meatballs

Thai Green Chicken Curry

Chilli

I hear "A Spicyuh Meat-uh-balls" in a god awful Italian accent everytime I see that. :lol:

I make a blow your lid off spicy mince. Steak Mince, jalapenos, 1 red and 1 green pepper, red chilli pepper, fajita spice, red onions, a couple of chopped tomatoes and some black pepper. fry it quite quickly, serve with light mayo in a tortilla wrap, with iceburg lettuce, nachos and Sour cream and Guacamole.

takes little or no time to make but you won't be best friends with anyone you share a bed or toilet with for the next day or so.

forgot you add a dash or two of Tabasco while you're frying.

Edited by The Fish

Talking of 'singature dishes' has anyone been to that Rockerfellas (sp) restaurant and tried his signature dish? (to be honest, though, I can't recall what his 'rockerfellas' dish actually was :razz: )

For those who are unaware, Rockerfellas was the name of the restaurant owned by the guy who won a cooking competition on tv.

A lass I work with says his place is nice.

Talking of 'singature dishes' has anyone been to that Rockerfellas (sp) restaurant and tried his signature dish? (to be honest, though, I can't recall what his 'rockerfellas' dish actually was :razz: )

For those who are unaware, Rockerfellas was the name of the restaurant owned by the guy who won a cooking competition on tv.

Something with mashed potato because the daft shite used smash the first time he cooked it and got tore to shreds for it

Me and Mrs Magler *cough* have said we should go. Perhaps we will some day. Is it 'south of the river' (as snakey would say <_< ) ?

Me and Mrs Magler *cough* have said we should go. Perhaps we will some day. Is it 'south of the river' (as snakey would say <_< ) ?

I thought it was on that bank that runs from The Side on the Quayside up to the High Level Bridge. Amen Corner iirc. There's a tapas place there too.