xbox 360

Scottish Mag

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ii want the resident evil 5 game but i dont think it'll be out for a while yet - xbox prices should be a lot lower by then.

the ps3 has totally missed the boat by the looks of new nintendo sytem and its spectacular controller.

They're the dogs bollocks tbh

115849[/snapback]

You don't need an HD-TV to play with a dog's bollocks, though.

115850[/snapback]

If you aint got an HDTV you can use VGA and put it through a monitor.

Its still gonna look good through a normal TV anyway

Xbox 360 is great. MY housemate has one and its class. Games are a bit steep mind; £40 a pop is alot

Its all relative I guess. I remember paying £65 for StreetFighter 2 on the SNES and £80 for Turok on the N64. £40 isnt bad really. They should be around £20/£25 though.

They're the dogs bollocks tbh

115849[/snapback]

You don't need an HD-TV to play with a dog's bollocks, though.

115850[/snapback]

If you aint got an HDTV you can use VGA and put it through a monitor.

Its still gonna look good through a normal TV anyway

Xbox 360 is great. MY housemate has one and its class. Games are a bit steep mind; £40 a pop is alot

Its all relative I guess. I remember paying £65 for StreetFighter 2 on the SNES and £80 for Turok on the N64. £40 isnt bad really. They should be around £20/£25 though.

115873[/snapback]

It looks more then good enough on a regular TV. When its hooked up to a monitor i was a bit dissapointed as the resolution was lower then i'm used to on a PC.

And with the games when the PC version of the game costs £20 on play and xbox360 version is £40. its taking the piss.

The things that bother me out the Xbox 360 (and some other consoles) is:

Needing an HDTV to get full benefit (and if I did get one it would have to act as the main TV meaning it would conflict with other people wanting to watch it).

Internet connectivity (I know you will be able to do this but I won't have a clue how to).

Price of games.

But most of all, the control mechanism. I just can't imagine playing an FPS or RTS/Strategy without a mouse.

So I think I'll stick with a PC.

Needing an HDTV to get full benefit (and if I did get one it would have to act as the main TV meaning it would conflict with other people wanting to watch it).

Internet connectivity (I know you will be able to do this but I won't have a clue how to).

Price of games.

But most of all, the control mechanism. I just can't imagine playing an FPS or RTS/Strategy without a mouse.

115886[/snapback]

Its dead simple, see the cable you plug into your PC from the router. You plug that into the console.

I fully agree on the FPS and RTS though. Mouse and keyboard are essential.

Price of games.

115886[/snapback]

Its dead simple, see the cable you plug into your PC from the router. You plug that into the console.

115891[/snapback]

I'd have to get the house rewired to use it downstairs though. Does it have a wireless connection?

Price of games.

115886[/snapback]

115891[/snapback]

I'd have to get the house rewired to use it downstairs though. Does it have a wireless connection?

115892[/snapback]

Such a Meldrew! :D

You can't be playing games over wireless, surely? The speed always suffers a bit.

Price of games.

115886[/snapback]

115891[/snapback]

115892[/snapback]

Such a Meldrew! :D

You can't be playing games over wireless, surely? The speed always suffers a bit.

115896[/snapback]

It shouldn't if you've got a decent connection.

How am I Meldrew again? :razz:

mines wireless and it makes no difference (warning Gemmill, nerd speak coming) to my ping

Renton, RTS you wont have to worry about, there isnt any. The pads really good, probalby the best theres been, its never going to be better than k&m for FPS but its still pretty good

Edited by luckypierre

Price of games.

115886[/snapback]

115891[/snapback]

115892[/snapback]

Such a Meldrew! :razz:

115896[/snapback]

It shouldn't if you've got a decent connection.

How am I Meldrew again? :mellow:

115906[/snapback]

Just the way you spluttered (for it was definitely a splutter) "I'd have to get the house rewired!" :D

£280

You'll be able to get all the sport games you can on PS2. The best thing about it is Live if you're interested in playing online. You can also use it as a media extender so you can stream movies, music from your pc to wherever you have the 360

these are the graphics

807_0014.jpg

usually when a new console comes out you have a few decent games at launcch and then ages until anything decent comes along this has had loads of good games already

Edited by luckypierre

these are the graphics

807_0014.jpg

usually when a new console comes out you have a few decent games at launcch and then ages until anything decent comes along this has had loads of good games already

115921[/snapback]

Played the demo of that game, and i was really impressed with the graphics on it. It almost tricked me into thinking it was a real boxing match on TV.