Rozehnal signs for Newcastle

Scottish Mag

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the article and translated it using a Czech to English translation site...

Here it is for your enjoyment.... B)B):angry::icon_lol:

N hellen w c plus with t l hellen Subsequent steps fotbalového representation Davida Dispel headman out of France within raw north up England up supreme ligové competition worldlings plus no within warm south up Spain. Šestadvacetiletý representation wrongdoing out of Parity St. Germain up Newcastlu. Voluminous zeal měla stilly FC Sevilla , winner Goblet UEFA out of ultimate dvou wing. Došlo make for final stipulation David walks up Newcastlu, " warranted sportsman agent Paul Zíka. Dispel manufacture within Olomouci , within roce 2003 trespass up Brugg , two by two aviator odešel up Paris plus within subsequent two roky walks up England. Stilly within council prime byl here at Dispel next wrongdoing up Dortmundu. Reprezentačních playmate Kollera with Rosickým to quiz , how so within Borussii motion. Only German club withheld remunerate požadovaných 150 million top. Then hand Newcastle. Traditional anglican club has by all accounts sake Dispel prepared by weekly stipend 1,6 million top. PLUS within ultimate dnech up přestupového merry-go-rounds joined stilly scarcer title. FC Sevilla won twice one after another Goblet UEFA , stilly within nedělním , ultimate carol poorly wrestled within spanish title with Realist Madrid plus Barcelonou. Dispel them sixth Czech sportsman , whom club renown Premise League occupy. Peter Czech them within Chelsea , within Arsenalu hraje Tomáš Rosický , within Aston Ville agency Patrick Berger plus with gólmanem Radkem Sable within Tottenhamu Hotspur them youthful Tomáš Pekhart.

Another centre back and a left back to go

We need alot more than that..

but realistically thats more probable. well another decent centre back and a good left back then mebes another average centre back.

Might need 2 left backs seenas babayaro is going to wham

PRAGUE (AFP) - Paris Saint Germain's Czech international defender David Rozehnal is set to sign a four-year deal with Premiership side Newcastle on Monday, his agent revealed.

"We're leaving for England on Sunday night and David will undergo a medical on Monday morning. Afterwards he should sign the contract," his agent Pavel Zika told the CTK agency.

Rozehnal, who will be 27 next month, joined PSG in June 2005 on a four-year deal. He has 34 caps for the Czech Republic.

According to press reports Rozehnal was also targetted by Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla in Spain.

Even BBC are reporting it now, they don't usually report any story unless its pretty much nailed on.

Newcastle are set to sign Czech international defender David Rozehnal from French club Paris St Germain.

Twenty-six-year-old Rozehnal, who played for Czech side Olomouc before moving to Belgium side Bruges and then PSG, has been capped 34 times.

"The definite agreement was reached - David goes to Newcastle," the player's agent Pavel Zika told www.idnes.cz.

According to Zika the Czech defender is due to undergo a medical on Monday before signing a four-year contract.

German club Borussia Dortmund and Spanish side Sevilla had also been interested in Rozehnal, but Newcastle appear to have won the race to sign the Czech international defender.

The Magpies initially had a £2m bid rejected for the Czech international, while Dortmund are believed to have tabled £2.7m.

Rozehnal began his career in his home country with Sigma Olomouc and twice won the Belgian title with Bruges before his move to PSG in 2005.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is keen to bring in central defenders after releasing Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Oguchi Onyewu as well as left-back Olivier Bernard.

He tried to sign ex-Bolton centre-back Tal Ben Haim but missed out as the Israel international opted to join Chelsea.

Allardyce has also been linked with a move for 33-year-old Liverpool stalwart Sami Hyypia and Marseille skipper Habib Beye.

Hyypia made 29 appearances for the Reds last season but has seen Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger establish themselves as Liverpool's first-choice centre-back partnership.

I don't know what he's like as a player but i'll back Big Sam's judgement and so its good to see the first of the much needed defenders on their way. We need him to be followed by another CB, a LB and preferably a RB as well!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Guest Patrokles

Whatever(is that the lad from Skunkers?) spot on again.

Well, a week late and after everyone else had already picked up on the story, but still.

Well, a week late and after everyone else had already picked up on the story, but still.

That's the point, he was the first B)

'bout time he came up with some fresh news then B) 'Ronnie' Rozenhal is one thing, but I need my trophy/hollywood signing - soon!!!1111 :angry:

'bout time he came up with some fresh news then B) 'Ronnie' Rozenhal is one thing, but I need my trophy/hollywood signing - soon!!!1111 :angry:

Jim tbh

That's the point, he was the first :angry:

'bout time he came up with some fresh news then B) 'Ronnie' Rozenhal is one thing, but I need my geordie/local lad signing - soon!!!1111 :icon_lol:

FYP

B)

Skunkers' ITK was right again then.

Narrr, I don't think so this time. Yes, he 'knew' we were after the lad, but then so did a lot of people. The original post claimed the deal was done but it appeared that Dortmund were after him as well, and at the last minute Seville came in for him also - his agent said so. Plus, if any deal had been done, didn't NUFC have to announce it to the stock exchange ??? B)

As I said earlier, fresh news on who we are after would be appreciated B)

Skunkers' ITK was right again then.

Narrr, I don't think so this time. Yes, he 'knew' we were after the lad, but then so did a lot of people. The original post claimed the deal was done but it appeared that Dortmund were after him as well, and at the last minute Seville came in for him also - his agent said so. Plus, if any deal had been done, didn't NUFC have to announce it to the stock exchange ??? B)

As I said earlier, fresh news on who we are after would be appreciated B)

I'd also say 'right' is stretching it a bit. I guess negotiations had already reached an advanced stage at the end of last week, but it was a bit optimistic to consider it a final agreement. Things were probably complicated when Dortmund threw there hat in again early last week and Sevilla later, something that can always happen until the contract is actually signed. So as long as I have seen it confirmed on Jimbo's TV the transfer isn't through for me...

I doubt we can afford to take any risk in letting any more experienced defenders go (despite how SHIT they are) right at this moment in time, until at least a couple of new defenders are brought in. We don't know when Ashley will be giving BS a transfer budget for new players yet, so he's just got to play it safe.

I doubt we can afford to take any risk in letting any more experienced defenders go (despite how SHIT they are) right at this moment in time, until at least a couple of new defenders are brought in. We don't know when Ashley will be giving BS a transfer budget for new players yet, so he's just got to play it safe.

Thats right, we'd all love to see Baba and Carr out on their arses, but until Big Sam has his new defenders in he can't just chuck everybody out or we'll have no squad at all. I can see Baba being dumped if anyone is willing to have him, but Carr may get till January under Allardyce regardless of who comes in, we'll have to wait and see!

Rozehnal relishing Newcastle move

David Rozehnal has spoken of his imminent move to Newcastle, with the Czech defender excited by the chance to play at the same club as 'the legendary Alan Shearer'.

The Czech defender is expected to shun interest from Sevilla and sign a four-year deal at St James' Park on Monday when he jets into the North East for a medical.

The Magpies have come to an agreement with Rozehnal's club Paris Saint Germain and the international defender admits he is excited at the prospect of donning the famous black and white stripes.

"It seems that it is very close, so far I have not signed anything though," Rozehnal told Sport. "If nothing special happens, then I will most likely move to Newcastle.

"Certainly [i am happy that Newcastle have won the race]. I take it as an appreciation of my work.

"After the unsuccessful season with PSG I take it as a kind of award and I am glad that it is exactly this club.

"Newcastle have a rich history, great facilities and the club has a great name.

"My dream has always been to play in Spain, Nevertheless, when I was young I used to watch the Premier League as well.

"Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle were all clubs I liked most. I remember the legendary Alan Shearer, Newcastle really are a huge club."

Rozehnal's agent Pavel Zika has also explained that Magpies boss Sam Allardyce was central to the player's decision to move to Tyneside.

"The interest of Newcastle has been on a long-term basis and very reputable," said Zika.

"He [Allardyce] was already interested in David when he was coaching Bolton."

Rozehnal relishing Newcastle move

David Rozehnal has spoken of his imminent move to Newcastle, with the Czech defender excited by the chance to play at the same club as 'the legendary Alan Shearer'.

The Czech defender is expected to shun interest from Sevilla and sign a four-year deal at St James' Park on Monday when he jets into the North East for a medical.

The Magpies have come to an agreement with Rozehnal's club Paris Saint Germain and the international defender admits he is excited at the prospect of donning the famous black and white stripes.

"It seems that it is very close, so far I have not signed anything though," Rozehnal told Sport. "If nothing special happens, then I will most likely move to Newcastle.

"Certainly [i am happy that Newcastle have won the race]. I take it as an appreciation of my work.

"After the unsuccessful season with PSG I take it as a kind of award and I am glad that it is exactly this club.

"Newcastle have a rich history, great facilities and the club has a great name.

"My dream has always been to play in Spain, Nevertheless, when I was young I used to watch the Premier League as well.

"Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle were all clubs I liked most. I remember the legendary Alan Shearer, Newcastle really are a huge club."

Rozehnal's agent Pavel Zika has also explained that Magpies boss Sam Allardyce was central to the player's decision to move to Tyneside.

"The interest of Newcastle has been on a long-term basis and very reputable," said Zika.

"He [Allardyce] was already interested in David when he was coaching Bolton."

A headline right out of football manager