Rozehnal signs for Newcastle

Scottish Mag

Great stuff, good to see big Sam ripping the defence up and starting fresh, long may it continue.

tbh, the defence was already ripped up. Bramble had been shown the door before Large Sam came, Moore had decided to leave, Babayaro is, well, Babayaro and Carr has been shown to be inferior to Solano.

I would think it fairly obvious to Steveie Wonder that the defence needed serious surgery.

FYP

It is good that Big Sam has moved quickly to get defenders in though, instead of pissing about doing nowt like his predecessors. He was too late in getting here to get Distin as he said himself and then unlucky that Chelski wanted Haim or else we could already be sitting here with 2-3 defenders in and looking for more.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Rozehnal's move to Newcastle has been confirmed after he passed a medical on Tyneside on Monday.

Newcastle beat both Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla in the race to his sign him from Paris St.Germain.

The 26 year-old Czech international completed the formalities on a four year deal at a cost of around £3m.

Born in Sternbeck, the right-footed Rozenhal began his footballing career with Sigma Olomouc in the 1999/00 season, before joining Belgian side FC Bruges in 2003, playing in the side that won the title two years later.

His next stop was PSG where he won the French Cup in 2006, missing just one league game in his two seasons at the Parc Des Princes.

The first of Rozenhal's 34 international caps came in February 2004 against Italy in Palermo and he appeared in all three of the Czech Republic's games at the World Cup in 2006.

:huh:

Least it's another body at the back but obviously as I know nothing of this fellow I shan't be getting too carried away just yet.

Least it's another body at the back but obviously as I know nothing of this fellow I shan't be getting too carried away just yet.

Yeah, trying not to get ahead of myself, but we have signed three players, that's right three players all ready and we still have a week untill the transfer window. :huh:

for all the money ashley is bringing into the club, it's interesting to note that sam hasn't yet made a big money signing or been linked with the kind of trophy player that managers under shepherd often brought to the club. a sign of things to come i wonder?

for all the money ashley is bringing into the club, it's interesting to note that sam hasn't yet made a big money signing or been linked with the kind of trophy player that managers under shepherd often brought to the club. a sign of things to come i wonder?

He has said he would think about taking beckham, is that trophy enough for you? :huh:

It's surprising actually. You would have thought the papers would have been dying to link us with any amount of £15m + players.

Wonder if someone knows that we're not going to get as much money from Ashely as we expect.

It's surprising actually. You would have thought the papers would have been dying to link us with any amount of £15m + players.

Wonder if someone knows that we're not going to get as much money from Ashely as we expect.

Can only be good for the club i reckon...not being linked

Can only be good for the club i reckon...not being linked

It's good not being linked just for the sake of it but eventually if we want to win things and play in the champions league we will need to bring in some top class players and they are going to cost money.

Maybe Laura asked for Freddy's PR ho's resignation as well.

As was noted in previous preseasons it was all about ensuring season ticket renewal!

Squad building I imagine, a few cheap players with a few quality signings as well hopefully.

Edited by ewerk

Hopefully he didn't have a change of hard after being forced to visit the Rod Steward concert...

he must be thinking he's the dogs bollox, Terry Henry gets 30k at the nou camp, he gets a fooking rock/pop/pap concert for his arrival

:blink:

I doubt Allardyce has been given the funds yet to be making any huge signings.

Yeah, didn't someone say funds will come after the review and removal of the club from the stock market? Hayward (who I assume is doing the reviewing) was only appointed yesterday and Ashley only reached 90% today.

I doubt Allardyce has been given the funds yet to be making any huge signings.

Yeah, didn't someone say funds will come after the review and removal of the club from the stock market? Hayward (who I assume is doing the reviewing) was only appointed yesterday and Ashley only reached 90% today.

Be interesting to see what eventually gets spent because as things stand with the money in from Parker we've hardly spent anything to get Viduka, Barton and Rozenhal in.

Obviously Big Sam will have been given some indiciation of what he's likely to get, so perhaps his next target will give an idea of what money we're talking about.

The problem we have at the moment is without Europe we'll struggle to sign any real quality, we signed Owen but he was in a situation at the time where we were his only real option, without any top players wanting to come here we're going to end up fighting the likes of West Ham and Villa for overpriced average players.

For that reason I think Allardyce should go for quantity this season and try to put a good squad together, hopefully with no Uefa cup to distract us we can push on to a European place and add some high profile players next summer.