Jump to content

Rozehnal signs for Newcastle


Recommended Posts

David Rozehnal last night set Sam Allardyce a deadline to complete his capture and warned if he is not a Newcastle player within a week, he will be content to remain at the Parc des Princes.

 

But the United boss is not expected to increase his bid for the Czech international (pictured, left) and should Paris-Saint Germain officials decide to reject his improved offer, Allardyce seems certain to turn his attentions elsewhere. A manager who will seek urgent talks with Obafemi Martins following the troubled striker's involvement in a terrifying gun attack in Lagos is determined to re-stock a depleted defence and has identified Rozehnal as a leading target.

 

Having rejected an initial £2m bid from United last week, PSG officials are mulling over a second offer that, although unspecified, is closer to £3m. Rozehnal favours a move to the North-East, but a player who is scheduled to return to his French club next Wednesday has suggested that, should a deal not be completed by then, he will continue his career in Paris.

 

"I have to return to Paris on June 27, which is a date I keep in my mind," said the 26-year-old, who is also interested in moving to the Bundesliga, although Borussia Dortmund's interest has cooled in recent days.

 

"That means I'm ready to continue in Paris in case the transfer is not done. I will see what happens but I will not be sad if I stay in Paris. I'm happy in Paris and my family likes it there as well.

 

"I've a good name there already so it would not be a disappointment for me to continue with PSG."

 

Allardyce remains keen on Rozehnal, but a manager chasing his third St James's Park signing will not be held to ransom. The 52-year-old's improved offer is considered to be a `take-it-or-leave-it' bid, leaving the defender's future in PSG's hands.

 

Rozehnal - who has spent recent days at his Czech home in Olomouc - has rejected suggestions that he has travelled to Newcastle for talks and insisted he has been left in the dark as discussions between PSG, Newcastle and agent Pavel Zika continue.

 

"The latest is that since Monday (when Allardyce upped his offer), negotiations have been going on," said the former Club Brugge stopper, who has been earmarked to strengthen a defence that has lost Craig Moore, Titus Bramble, Oguchi Onyewu and Olivier Bernard this summer - with Celestine Babayaro and perhaps Stephen Carr still to follow.

 

"I'm waiting for what my agent tells me. I'm waiting for news."

 

Allardyce is also waiting, but with pre-season training scheduled to start in just 11 days time, he will not want to wait much longer. Marseille's Habib Beye and Liverpool's Sami Hyypia are among his other targets and a manager keen to sign five defenders this summer knows he must make a breakthrough soon.

 

Although he has signed Joey Barton and Mark Viduka since succeeding Glenn Roeder last month, Allardyce has much to do.

 

As well as rebuilding his first-team squad the former Bolton boss has still to restructure his backroom staff and will be keen to start making appointments as soon as possible.

 

Allardyce will hope to have made significant progress before he takes his players to Austria on July 3 for a week-long training camp close to Stegersbach. In the meantime, he will be keen to locate Martins in order to discuss the latest incident to make the headlines.

 

The £10m striker appears to have been fortunate to escape unhurt after gunmen sprayed his car with bullets in Lagos. His friend was hurt in the attack and is recovering in hospital, with Martins in hiding in Milan.

 

Although relieved that the player was unscathed, Allardyce will have obvious concerns and will be keen to talk to the 22-year-old. Martins has admitted he no longer feels safe in the Nigerian capital and a shocking episode could lead the troubled forward to consider his international future.

Edited by Jimbo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Rozehnal's agent Pavel Zika claims Newcastle have a 50-50 chance of landing the Paris Saint Germain defender.

 

The Magpies had looked clear favourites to sign Rozehnal when Borussia Dortmund pulled out of the race earlier this week.

 

However, Sevilla are now in the running for the 26-year-old and it is understood the stopper may prefer a switch to Spain.

 

Zika says negotiations are going well with both clubs and expects Rozehnal to join one of the two in the near future.

 

"With both clubs we are in the final stages of negotiations," Zika told Sport. "David will move to either Sevilla or Newcastle, it is 50-50.

 

"The negotiations are 90 per cent complete, 10 per cent are still to be discussed.

 

"As for the progress of the negotiations between the clubs, Newcastle are slightly ahead as they entered the chase earlier."

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wondered why it usually takes so long for transfer negotiations to be completed in cases like Rozenahl's. It's not like he was an extremely expensive player. How can it possibly take more than seven days for the buying club to get on the phone or send a fax to the selling club and reach a compromise?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wondered why it usually takes so long for transfer negotiations to be completed in cases like Rozenahl's. It's not like he was an extremely expensive player. How can it possibly take more than seven days for the buying club to get on the phone or send a fax to the selling club and reach a compromise?

 

NUFC office staff continually dialing the wrong fuckin' number :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wondered why it usually takes so long for transfer negotiations to be completed in cases like Rozenahl's. It's not like he was an extremely expensive player. How can it possibly take more than seven days for the buying club to get on the phone or send a fax to the selling club and reach a compromise?

 

NUFC office staff continually dialing the wrong fuckin' number B)

 

Yea fucking ITV about this bloke...

JimRosenthalITV.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
David Rozehnal's agent has claimed that an agreement is in place to take the Paris Saint Germain defender to Newcastle.

 

The Magpies have been in negotiations with PSG in recent weeks, with manager Sam Allardyce keen to strengthen his defence before the start of the new season.

 

Reports suggested they were firm favourites to land the Czech Republic international, especially after Borussia Dortmund withdrew their interest.

 

Rozehnal's representative Pavel Zika announced earlier on Friday that Newcastle had a 50-50 chance of snapping up the player, with Sevilla the other club in the running.

 

But Zika has now told the Czech Republic media that Newcastle have won the race to sign Rozehnal.

 

"We have reached a final agreement. David moves to Newcastle," Zika told Idnes.

 

Although Alardyce has made it known he is keen on Rozehnal, there has been no announcement from Newcastle suggesting they are closer to bringing in the player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...