Rozehnal signs for Newcastle

Scottish Mag

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he adapts well to the prem then him and Taylor = Good in the air, good on the ball, quick, strong.....scary fooking eyes!

Exciting times, this could be another Hyypia/Carragher type combo, but in the black and white :lol:

Good luck to the lad

We still need another experienced international centre back to rival rosie and taylor

This is maybe where Beye and Edmilson come in. Cover at RB and DM also. Club captain in a decent Marseille side, Uefa Cup runner up, champs league experience, World Cup Winner, Champs League winner, two tiem Spanish league champion, french league champion...

Edited by bassplayerjj

We still need another experienced international centre back to rival rosie and taylor

This is maybe where Beye and Edmilson come in. Cover at RB and DM also. Club captain in a decent Marseille side, Uefa Cup runner up, champs league experience, World Cup Winner, Champs League winner, two tiem Spanish league champion, french league champion...

sounds good to me :lol:

David Rozehnal has spoken of his delight and excitement at completing his move from Paris Saint Germain to Newcastle.

The Czech Republic international put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal on Friday, becoming the club's third new signing of the summer, in joining Mark Viduka and Joey Barton in moving to St James' Park.

Rozehnal has long been a target of Allardyce, who courted the 26-year-old during his time as Bolton manager.

The talented stopper is expected to be a mainstay of a new-look Newcastle defence and, he admits it is a major boost to play under a manager who has the utmost faith in his abilities.

"I know the coach was interested in me when he was at Bolton and I am really happy he is still interested in me," said Rozehnal.

"It is really important that the coach believes in me and has given me my chance. Now it is up to me, if I work hard, to show him and my team-mates that I can get into the team.

"I am really happy that everything is done and now I am ready to prepare for next week.

"I have always dreamt about this competition - for me, the Premier League is one of the best in the world.

"Now it is about work and about showing everybody I am in the right place.

"For me, it will be another big step. From the Czech Republic to Belgium, from Belgium to France and now from France to the Premier League - I am really excited because I will play against the best footballers in the world."

Allardyce was equally enthusiastic about the link-up, adding: "At 26 years old, we have got a vastly experienced centre-half, but at the right age to come to the Premiership and learn to adjust and look forward to playing in what is now the best league in the world.

"Hopefully, he can make the adjustment as quickly as possible."