Alan Smith?!

Baggio

Me fatha's been on the phone from work there, I don't know where this has come from but he reckon Shola is away to the blue dippers.

I was myself that the only logic for signing Smith would be as a replacement for Shola, as long we get at least the same money for him as we're paying for Smith I'll be happy.

I'd be happy with a £1million - £1.5million tbh.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevieintoon

Me fatha's been on the phone from work there, I don't know where this has come from but he reckon Shola is away to the blue dippers.

For fuck's sake don't start more rumours Stevie. I can't be arsed with another 30 odd pages of shite :lol:

Well me fatha as a source is aboot as reliable as Michael Owen's penalty taking, but it's not often he comes up with "snippets", and he seemed to believe what he was saying. Besides as ewerk said it would seem to make sense.

I was myself that the only logic for signing Smith would be as a replacement for Shola, as long we get at least the same money for him as we're paying for Smith I'll be happy.

I'd be happy with a £1million - £1.5million tbh.

He's 26 and scored 1 goal in every 2 games under Roeder. As long as whoever is buying him has never actually seen one of his performances I'd hope to get a bit more than that.

He's definitely worth £3m, he's a good footballer and used to link well with Viduka.

I wouldn't be overly impressed with him as a direct replacement for either Martins or Owen though tbh. I don't think he would ever score the amount of goals they are capable of.

That said he would offer us something different and would probably be more likely to fit into a 4-3-3 than either of those two (especially Owen) and I would say that a strike force of Owen/Martins, Viduka, Smith & Shola would score a lot of goals if we are able to provide them with the oppertunities.

At the moment we seem to be going for a 2-4-4 or something.

He's definitely worth £3m, he's a good footballer and used to link well with Viduka.

I wouldn't be overly impressed with him as a direct replacement for either Martins or Owen though tbh. I don't think he would ever score the amount of goals they are capable of.

That said he would offer us something different and would probably be more likely to fit into a 4-3-3 than either of those two (especially Owen) and I would say that a strike force of Owen/Martins, Viduka, Smith & Shola would score a lot of goals if we are able to provide them with the oppertunities.

No we don't :lol:

Ill bet anyone 10 english pounds that this afternoon Anal tells us its "wide of the mark" like the nappy ripping bastard he is!

Maybe you should just stick to the Help forum, eh Henry? :lol:

Ok shithead

Ill bet anyone 10 english pounds that this afternoon Anal tells us its "wide of the mark" like the nappy ripping bastard he is!

Maybe you should just stick to the Help forum, eh Henry? :rolleyes:

Ok shithead

:lol:

Guest stevieintoon

Ok shithead

Why abuse?

spot on to be honest...

We've been linked with loads of defenders. Apart from that though...

Ok shithead

Why abuse?

Why not its Friday :rolleyes: (Sorry for any offence, was just for shits and giggles) :rolleyes:

I don't think he could offer more than what Shola can offer, or even Carroll for that matter. Then we've got Viduka, Owen & Martins. I don't see any point in buying him, IMO, especailly as we could do with using the money for new defenders.

Carroll for England... :lol:

He'll do a better job than Smithy...! :rolleyes: He was absolutely dreadful in the last game he played for England. If he were a jock I've no doubt he'd be playing a hell of a lot more for the national team, but not because he's a good player. :woosh::rolleyes:

As for Carroll, I know he's highly rated by the academy staff and rated as a great prospect. He can head the ball as good as anyone and make his presence known on the pitch. I think he could certainly play a bigger part in our 1st team this season.

Guest Patrokles

I always thought Smith was pretty handy. I seem to remember some pretty nice passing on him.

Edited by Patrokles

Calm doon with Carroll man. Remember Chopra? He's barely played for the first team yet.

I was going to say the same thing. Even the national media were talking about Chopra when he was banging them in for the reserves as a young lad.

Calm doon with Carroll man. Remember Chopra? He's barely played for the first team yet.

Carroll's a different player and a different stature to Chopra. He offers something different and potentially, IMO, looks a better prospect.

My brother's pal is a physio for the academy and that's what I've been told. Tbf, from what I've seen he has every chance of fulfilling his potential.

Ok shithead

Why abuse?

The irony of that statement isn't lost on me. :rolleyes:

Carroll's a different player and a different stature to Chopra. He offers something different and potentially, IMO, looks a better prospect.

My brother's pal is a physio for the academy and that's what I've been told. Tbf, from what I've seen he has every chance of fulfilling his potential.

He's got a physical presence, aye. All I'm saying is it's far too early to judge him.

He's got a physical presence, aye. All I'm saying is it's far too early to judge him.

I agree. I'm not saying he's gonna be the next Pele, I'm just saying potentially from what I've seen and heard he looks like he could make an impact and hopefully show a bit of that this season.

As far as Smith goes I just don't rate him. He's always looked a composed player and has always got stuck in, but he's never quite cut it for me, like.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I agree. I'm not saying he's gonna be the next Pele, I'm just saying potentially from what I've seen and heard he looks like he could make an impact and hopefully show a bit of that this season.

As far as Smith goes I just don't rate him. He's always looked a composed player and has always got stuck in, but he's never quite cut it for me, like.

And Shola has? :lol:

Aye, but shola's playing for us, Alex. So why bring in another player who hasn't quite cut it? Even if Shola leaves I'd still like to see a better player replace him, IMO.

And Shola has? :rolleyes:

Aye, but shola's playing for us, Alex. So why bring in another player who hasn't quite cut it? Even if Shola leaves I'd still like to see a better player replace him, IMO.

Wouldn't be hard to, I know :lol: But Smith is not the answer, Imo. :rolleyes:

Smith is much better than Shola man. Getting someone like Smith in as 4th choice striker is a good move for the club and Carroll will probably go on loan next season anyway. Obviously if Martins, for example, were to leave, things would change but I'd then expect Allardyce to go for someone like Anelka.