Serious question

Ketsbaia

What makes people regard him as anything other than a complete and utter shambles? On this board I see people sticking up for him but fuck me, he's woeful. Anyone like to explain why he's so 'loved'?

Shola is an enigma. One minute he can produce some real class, and the next....... :lol:

By real class I assume you mean getting the ball stuck inbetween his feet and managing to beat a defender before putting the ball wide?

Thats my issue with him. Sometimes I watch him and applaud the skill he shows on the ball and such. But, many other times I see him having a first touch as bad as martins and can loose the ball as easy as owt. I dont doubt he puts effort in, sometime though he appears lazy, maybe his style of running I dont know.

Personally I don't think he's great but I don't think he's as bad as many make out.

My main issue is that he has allways seemed to be incorrectly used (most of the time with Shearer when niether of them were mobile enough to be effective).

Under Roeder he was starting to score goals and I think there is some hope of him hitting it off with either Owen or Martins.

He'll never be an international class player or owt like that but he could prove himself to be a decent part of the squad.

squad player, needs to improve his touch. will score goals if motivated correctly. will never be consistent enough for us i fear. currently with the players we have on our books he looks like our 4th choice striker.

Never going to be a world beater, but he's produced some very important performances. Barcelona sticks in the mind. I think his loyalty and commitment to the club stands him in good stead and, like others before him, he's scored an average amount of goals despite seemingly piss poor technical ability

What makes people regard him as anything other than a complete and utter shambles? On this board I see people sticking up for him but fuck me, he's woeful. Anyone like to explain why he's so 'loved'?

He is a long way from woeful. He isnt the best or the worst. The stick he gets makes me think people like Leazes. B) There have been woeful players in the past, including the recent past. He doesnt deserve that moniker. He may have flaws and he may not be the most popular but its embarrassing when people come out with that nonsense.

Aye, I cant stand people slagging off Shola all the time. So quick to get on his case but also the first ones to jump and celebrate if he scores..

Not so long ago he was being linked with an england call up, When he was injured last year and martins played by himself it was obvious the difference he made to the team as we were far more threatening with him than without.

Edited by JaMoUsE

Aye, I cant stand people slagging off Shola all the time. So quick to get on his case but also the first ones to jump and celebrate if he scores..

Not so long ago he was being linked with an england call up, When he was injured last year and martins played by himself it was obvious the difference he made to the team as we were far more threatening with him that without.

Wasn't it him linking himself with an England call up?

When he was injured last year and martins played by himself it was obvious the difference he made to the team as we were far more threatening with him than without.

B) bollocks that is.

lol its pointless even posting on this topic as too many people already have made their minds up on shola

It's not as if we have nothing to go by.... this "made up mind" is based on concrete evidence and years of visual abuse.

Fantastic, another "Shola is not poor, but a f**king lazy woeful retarded spasticated dickhead" thread.

As opposed to the many "wow Shola Ameobi 30 league goals a season, contender for the european golden boot/ linked with £50m bid from Real Madrid", threads.