Wrestling star kills himself and family

Jimbo

WRESTLING legend Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home in Atlanta, Georgia.

The star, renowned as the greatest in-ring grappler of his generation, had just turned 40.

Chris, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel were all discovered by Atlanta police.

It is believed his two other children were in Canada, where Benoit was born and trained as a wrestler.

The tragedy follows the early deaths of Chris's best pal Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith, Sensational Sherri and many other wrestling stars.

According to WWE.com the deaths of the superstar, his wife and son were the result of a 'double murder-suicide' but further details had not yet been released.

The site went on to say: "World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home.

"There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy."

Chris will always have a place in the heart of wrestling fans worldwide thanks to his classic matches in Japan, ECW, WCW, and especially the WWE.

His hug with Eddie at WrestleMania XX was one of wrestling's most memorable moments - and will now never, ever be forgotten.

"His hug with Eddie at WrestleMania XX was one of wrestling's most memorable moments - and will now never, ever be forgotten."

Well I'm glad they've got a sense of perspective about it all. RIP anyway...

Don't take steroids kids.

And when did the British Bulldog die?

2002, heart attack due to steroid and growth hormone abuse.

At risk of sounding like a pussy like but where in the story does it say he was responsible? Jeez guvnor the entire wrestling world will be down on this thread like a ton of fat men in leotards because you've slandered his name.

:huh:

I suppose one assumes the "double murder-suicide" wasn't carried out by the son, say. It doesn't specifically rule it out though.

Edited by Meenzer

Sad story but they currently had some sort of storyline going on in the wrestling world where they're pretending one of them is dead. They've now had to hastily cancel that and bring him back from the dead, the fucking wankers. :huh:

Sad story but they currently had some sort of storyline going on in the wrestling world where they're pretending one of them is dead. They've now had to hastily cancel that and bring him back from the dead, the fucking wankers. :huh:

Angela Lansbury would have a fucking field day with this lot like.

You're expecting a "Ta-dah !!!!!!!" moment at the next wrestle-mainia type thing ? :date:

Yeah Vince McMahon was apparently blown up in his limo. They even had CNN run with it as well but now due to the real deaths of Chris Benoit they have had to cut that storyline and Vince has apparently come out to say the 3 hour RAW episode will be a tribute to Chris Benoit instead of the McMahon tribute.

Couldnt have the head of the company not host this show so it seems they did the right thing and kill one story line for this.

Sad day in wrestling.

RIP Chris Benoit.

Just as he was about to take the ECW Gold as well, which Johnny Nitro took!

its a shame. everyone was into wrestling at some point when they were young and he has been around since early ninetys

TBQFH I've never sought enjoyment from watching 2 drug fuelled morons get lubed up and pretend to wrestle each other!

And I hope to fuck I'm in the majority here.

Edited by Smooth Operator

its a shame. everyone was into wrestling at some point when they were young and he has been around since early ninetys

TBQFH I've never sought enjoyment from watching 2 drug fuelled morons get lubed up and pretend to wrestle each other!

And I hope to fuck I'm in the majority here.

Remember when i was smoking dope heavily we used to go to my mates house and his little brother used to never have the fucka off the telly, believe me you see straight through that shit more than ever when you've had a healthy bucket of Rocky down your neck...I fucking detest it

shit man. i use to be into wrestling and beniot was a great wrestler cant believe this

Used to watch him when he was at WCW in the early 90's.

Can't believe this story, he used to be my favourite when I was younger.

shit man. i use to be into wrestling and beniot was a great wrestler cant believe this

Used to watch him when he was at WCW in the early 90's.

Can't believe this story, he used to be my favourite when I was younger.

Fuck off man! :date::(:huh:

Loads of people are in to wrestling when you're like 12/13 ish. I was. Soon grew out of it like and I wouldn't watch it for a second now, but I reckon most kids watch it/use to watch it.