England Rubbish

Rob W

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is good enough to win the world cup make no mistake, thats the main reason why Sven is keeping his job the team is making him look up. His tactics are as bad as Souness and hes losing it. If we had a tactical genius someone like Morinho i reckon we'll be up there with Brazil.

27813[/snapback]

Total cobblers, we'll be out in the quarter-finals - a combination of Sven's unadventurous tactics and uninspiring craic, and the fact that we simply aren't good enough at that level will see to it. The papers have been talking this group of players up for years and we'll have the "Boys of 66" telling us that we're gonna do it right up to the moment that we bow out meekly in the Quarters.

Don't believe the hype.

They need to sack that dipstick as soon as possible, bring in Stuart Pearce so he can make those lads work for there place in the side. Would be nice to see effective tactics too rather than waste talent like that on the pitch.

We also need a new leader instead of that clueless pansy...!

..........Owen...Rooney...Wrighty

Garrard.........Lampard.......Beckham

......................Parker

Woodgate.......Terry©.......Carragher

....................Robinson

Edited by Geordie Boyo

the trouble is that at least half the team seem guaranteed their places however badly they play

its really more like a bunch of mates having a kick around after work.............

They need to sack that dipstick as soon as possible, bring in Stuart Pearce so he can make those lads work for there place in the side. Would be nice to see effective tactics too rather than waste talent like that on the pitch.

We also need a new leader instead of that clueless pansy...!

27856[/snapback]

how do you get that copyright thing in your text ????????

Sven baffles me he really does.

Granted i was only listening on the radio, but i still got the main idea.

When 4-5-1/4-3-3 was announced i was up for it, afterall Owen was suspended, not like he was sitting on the bench being wasted like at Madrid. I was disappointed Defoe wouldn't get another chance but his time will come. The system seemed to sound good. Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham all in their favoured positions. A competitive debut for SWP and supported on the left by Cole. Effectively a similar system to Chelski, two attackers/wingers drifting to support lone striker. Personally at right back i would have gone with Phil Neville, far more experienced and does a good job.

Everything looking good. Then, off goes SWP on comes Defoe. Taking off our best player? Now I thought back to 4-4-2, send Beckham out right, play as normal. But what does he do, shove Rooney out right? Same as he did on Andy Johnson's debut where he stood no chance. Whats more baffling... all this "Sven could drop anyone at any time, no one's place is safe" shit. Why not take off Lampard and Joe Cole, the poorest players on the pitch despite his goal.

Ok the game served it's purpose, we didn't slip up in a must win game. Sven now appears to have a decent (first 30mins anyway) plan B that we needed against Portugal.

I still question Sven's abilities and I think the World Cup is the decider for his job. If we don't progress to at least the QFs he'll be axed.

Oh I agree Hargreaves does fuck all, I don't see him play regular but he doesn't do enough when he comes on to cement his place. Much rather see Carrick on.... our future England captain perhaps?

When 4-5-1/4-3-3 was announced i was up for it, afterall Owen was suspended, not like he was sitting on the bench being wasted like at Madrid. I was disappointed Defoe wouldn't get another chance but his time will come. The system seemed to sound good. Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham all in their favoured positions. A competitive debut for SWP and supported on the left by Cole. Effectively a similar system to Chelski, two attackers/wingers drifting to support lone striker. Personally at right back i would have gone with Phil Neville, far more experienced and does a good job.

Everything looking good. Then, off goes SWP on comes Defoe. Taking off our best player? Now I thought back to 4-4-2, send Beckham out right, play as normal. But what does he do, shove Rooney out right? Same as he did on Andy Johnson's debut where he stood no chance. Whats more baffling... all this "Sven could drop anyone at any time, no one's place is safe" shit. Why not take off Lampard and Joe Cole, the poorest players on the pitch despite his goal.

Ok the game served it's purpose, we didn't slip up in a must win game. Sven now appears to have a decent (first 30mins anyway) plan B that we needed against Portugal.

I still question Sven's abilities and I think the World Cup is the decider for his job. If we don't progress to at least the QFs he'll be axed.

Oh I agree Hargreaves does fuck all, I don't see him play regular but he doesn't do enough when he comes on to cement his place. Much rather see Carrick on.... our future England captain perhaps?

27934[/snapback]

I reckon Beckham wanting to play through the middle is just a case of him thinking he's better than he is. In the middle, he's ordinary, he only lends the ball to players, and wants it too much. Yesterday he played far too deep. Out on the right though, he's a different kettle of fish. The whipped in ball he hits is the most dangerous ball in the game and he hits it brilliantly. He should stick to what he does best.

The biggest either/or for most people has been Beckham and SWP, but both linked up well yesterday. It was a rare bright spot. El Becko in the middle sprays it about nicely, only he's not going to win the ball.

Hilarious though it sounds, the England team yesterday could have been improved by dropping two of Chelseas for two of ours. Lampard for Parker and J Cole for Owen with Gerrard stuck out left. If Sven wants to piss about with fancy formations, he should do it so we sort out the left side once and for all. Downing is probably too green, so a wingback type role for Ashley Cole seems the easiest solution. Joe Cole cannot play wide left. His deflected goal came from the inside right channel. It's where Lampard should have been.

I would rejig

into

_____________Owen

____________Rooney

A Cole_____________________SWP (wingbacks-must stay wide)

________Gerrard______Beck

_____________Parker

____Terry___ Carragher ___Rio (Woody)

____________Robinson

Rooney naturally pull rights a lot, and is the option when SWP tracks back. Beck never gets really wide anymore so plays in the middle. He's still the set piece man. Free role for Gerrard to get forward. Ashley Cole will stay left without being bollocked and no longer has to defend the high ball, his main weakness.

I don't think Owen or Rooney are suited to the lone front-man role.

4-4-2 is what we know. As Gemmill said, why ruin friendlies with multiple substitutions then experiment in a qualifying game?

Also Beckham cannot be serious about the holding role. He might get away with it against Wales or N.Ireland but against Brazil or Argentina??

27934[/snapback]

I reckon Beckham wanting to play through the middle is just a case of him thinking he's better than he is. In the middle, he's ordinary, he only lends the ball to players, and wants it too much. Yesterday he played far too deep. Out on the right though, he's a different kettle of fish. The whipped in ball he hits is the most dangerous ball in the game and he hits it brilliantly. He should stick to what he does best.

27941[/snapback]

Although he played deep it allowed him to spread the play, it was his long pass to SWP that help set up the goal. He's no Makalele but he's disciplined enough to stay back. I think playing 4-5-1, he could to it no problem allowing Lampard/Gerrard to bomb on. It's a nice option to have, I suppose. But I agree I've always prefered Beckham on the right, he's still one of the best crosser's in the world, but I'd like SWP to play more games. Can't have it both ways I suppose :razz:

I can't take watching england for much longer. We make hard work out of beating teams that should be much easier to win.

28056[/snapback]

Under Sven England are effective without ever really being worth watching in qualifiers on the whole. Get the job done by just enough but provide little entertainment along the way.

I see someone suggesting you should be as good as Brazil, do you think thats maybe one of the problems?  Expectations are too high?

27825[/snapback]

Maybe but if your team consists of world class player like Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard then why should they not be good enough to win at least the European Cup.

I think England play some of the ugliest football around.

28079[/snapback]

Its often not the standard you'd expect from some of those players, but it is invariably effective and gets the job done, right up until a point in a tournament when we play a top side and he has to do soemthing different or really go for it and we fall short!

I hope we get defending set pieces right before the world cup or we'll just get dismantled. For having some "of the best centrebacks in the world" we look very unorganised when corners come flying in.